Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 347 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

12 minutes ago, Fermer said:

What does make peopleknow a lot about football then?  I know nothing about knitting but if asked the question I would ask someone who knits.  Not someone who has read about it or watched someone knitting. 

Greame Souness would tell you to buy bigger knitting needles. 

3 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Greame Souness would tell you to buy bigger knitting needles. 

Size is not important.  My ex girl who left me at the weekend insisted on that.  Three weeks I wined and dined her!  Never even mentioned knitting needles.  Anyway, you are distracting me from my original point.  The ex players have a say on football and so do we as fans.  But ye canny just disrespect the like of Souness who played at the top level surely.  Or Sutton etc.  We are only fans although if it werent for my cup tie knee would have made further that Armadale !!

8 minutes ago, Fermer said:

But ye canny just disrespect the like of Souness who played at the top level surely.  

I'm happy with my assessment that he's a clown when it comes to football management and how Rangers can improve. His solution of "buy better players" is something my maw could've came up with. Surely someone who's played at the top level should have something a bit more insightful to say? 

1 minute ago, Parklife said:

I'm happy with my assessment that he's a clown when it comes to football management and how Rangers can improve. His solution of "buy better players" is something my maw could've came up with. Surely someone who's played at the top level should have something a bit more insightful to say? 

And what would  you do to challenge celtic?  Einstein.  Money talks in football unfortunately and souness is being realistic.  You are not.  There is a reason celtic are out in front of anyone else in Scotland.  Money.  It's a sad fact mind, but as much as I admire your simple logic you are wrong Parkie.  I wish you werent though mate.  Deluded though.  And I blame Souness as much as you for the ruination of our country's demise.  Again.  Money.

10 minutes ago, Fermer said:

And what would  you do to challenge celtic?  Einstein.  Money talks in football unfortunately and souness is being realistic.  You are not.  There is a reason celtic are out in front of anyone else in Scotland.  Money.  It's a sad fact mind, but as much as I admire your simple logic you are wrong Parkie.  I wish you werent though mate.  Deluded though.  And I blame Souness as much as you for the ruination of our country's demise.  Again.  Money.

Celtic are the best team in Scotland because they have more money, correct. However, as has been shown the past two seasons, when Celtic are being managed poorly and Aberdeen managed well, it can be much closer between the two teams than it should be. 

Why are Rangers not the second best team in Scotland, despite having a budget multiple times that of Aberdeen/Hearts/St Johnstone? Because they're not well run and are not doing things properly. They're not scouting properly, they're buying players from the expensive English market, they've ignored almost every youth player they've had for the past 5 years, their tactics are inflexible and the players they've signed don't suit the way the manager wants to play. 

Now, i've not got much more interest in force feeding you. You can remain in your own ill-informed landscape, i don't really care. Anyway, good to see you back on here and that your big "goodbye" was just attention seeking :ok: 

4 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Celtic are the best team in Scotland because they have more money, correct. However, as has been shown the past two seasons, when Celtic are being managed poorly and Aberdeen managed well, it can be much closer between the two teams than it should be. 

Why are Rangers not the second best team in Scotland, despite having a budget multiple times that of Aberdeen/Hearts/St Johnstone? Because they're not well run and are not doing things properly. They're not scouting properly, they're buying players from the expensive English market, they've ignored almost every youth player they've had for the past 5 years, their tactics are inflexible and the players they've signed don't suit the way the manager wants to play. 

Now, i've not got much more interest in force feeding you. You can remain in your own ill-informed landscape, i don't really care. Anyway, good to see you back on here and that your big "goodbye" was just attention seeking :ok: 

I know, attention seeking bugger I am.  Rangers will finish second this year because of money.  I watched the game at pittodrie and Rangers were best team.  Just couldn't finish.  Answer, buy a decent striker in January.  Which will see them finish second.  Did you miss me? x

Just now, Fermer said:

I know, attention seeking bugger I am.  Rangers will finish second this year because of money.  I watched the game at pittodrie and Rangers were best team.  Just couldn't finish.  Answer, buy a decent striker in January.  Which will see them finish second.  Did you miss me? x

I missed the game at Pittodrie, but the Famous Aberdeen definitely won 2-1.

Rangers losing the game 2-1.

3 minutes ago, deecie said:

I missed the game at Pittodrie, but the Famous Aberdeen definitely won 2-1.

Rangers losing the game 2-1.

It was a good game though Deecie, I enjoyed it.  Surely the fact that u guys enjoyed it so much beating us says something to you.  Nothing like rivarly.  Famous!!

8 minutes ago, Fermer said:

:lol: You actually don't have a scooby. 

11 minutes ago, Fermer said:

Just like

Just like Souness then.  I am in good company.  Sorry, who was it you played for again?  Does it rhyme with joe dunt?

Acht well, i've tried. Canny reason with someone who's not reasoned themselves in to their current position. 

37 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Acht well, i've tried. Canny reason with someone who's not reasoned themselves in to their current position. 

Ha ha.  What position would that be?  I am a reasonable guy and because it's only for one day will reason with you.  So be quick !!

4 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Warburton on the short list for the Wigan Job

If he's got any sense he'll take it.

On 25/10/2016 at 5:52 PM, Fermer said:

Ha ha.  What position would that be?  I am a reasonable guy and because it's only for one day will reason with you.  So be quick !!

Aww FFS is this eejit back again ?

Thought he said he was never posting on here again cause the Gers fans were all getting bullied :lol:

And that's when he wasn't banging on about how proud he was of being "a true blue proddie" :rolleyes:

Guest BlueGaz
50 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Aww FFS is this eejit back again ?

Prefer his posts to yours, his posts make me smile.  Yours are just miserable reverend.

Guest BlueGaz
Just now, ErsatzThistle said:

Waking up everyday and knowing I'm not a Rangers fan does make me very jolly indeed.

See, perfect, now you are making me smile ;)

see Rangers are still losing money

2014-2015 - GBP 6M loss

2015-2016 - GBP 3M Loss

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/14830900.Rangers_losses_halved_as_turnover_improves/?ref=mr&lp=7#comments-anchor

What is interesting is that wages increased 60% in 2015-2016 to GBP 10M  which is not impression all gers fans had ( I need to check on this cos reporter might be speaking pish ) - possible 2015-2016 included large severance deals to Ally Mccoist etc

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/37806387

Please don't anyone make the same stupid comment, as posted on the evening times comments, that the loan repayment should be added back on to the loss, to show an effective profit for year.

On 29/10/2016 at 11:38 AM, euan2020 said:

reporter is speaking pish - 1st team squad was circa  GBP 6M each year 

although rest of staff costs are another GBP 6M 

http://rangers.co.uk/wp/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Rangers-Reports-and-Accounts-2016.pdf

Thats in line with what the board said previously, with the 10K increase in season tickets.

Paying the living wage will have bumped that up the wage up too.

Warm smile everytime I hear about Warburton bemoaning the difference in budget between Rangers and Celtic.  What a fanny with his fanny hat.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/14033189.Rangers_manager_Mark_Warburton_hits_back_at_Hibernian_rival_Alan_Stubbs_over_budget_claims/

"If you are going to ask about budgets, we had a smaller budget at Brentford last year. We came fifth in the Championship, so it's not always about the size of your budget. It's about how you best utilise it.  (Mark Warburton.)

The current matter of the commercial deal with Ashley is a real problem for us in terms of revenue streams and profit. Its a stark choice for the investors in terms of financing the club for the next few years but at least these guys are fans and care about the club.   I can't see us increasing season tickets prices sharply to boost profits.

The alternative is to cut costs very aggresively. We have cut the losses compared to last season which is a positive but the reality is we are facing a few years of not winning the league.

Edited by EddardStark