Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 366 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

No, they always have been.

I've never said anything close to that.

I've got loads of Rangers supporting friends.

Yes. 

From your point of view there would be no God and no afterlife, so all the suffering would be down to 'man' or 'chance'.

From my point of view there is a God, and any suffering would only seem like a second compared to eternity in heaven.

Unfortunately, suffering is a consequence of freewill, and freewill is the method by which we choose to accept or reject God.

It has to be. There's no other way.

That would be satan.

His destiny was sealed when he tried to organize a mutiny in heaven.

He holds the deeds to earth after having got Adam to sin.

When satan sees us he sees God because we were made in His image, and since he hates God he wreaks as much havoc on us as he can.

The only thing holding back the enemy from total domination on earth is God the Holy Spirit in the hearts of Bible-believing Christians. Once the rapture takes place those left will be defenceless.

(Be careful what you wish for.)

Satan is destined for the lake of fire and he is determined to deceive as many as possible into joining him there.

So, if you hate suffering (REAL eternal suffering) then I would suggest that you avoid hell (and there's only One Way to do that).

Fair enough. You believe in the "jam tomorrow" principle. 

Personally I prefer mine when I can enjoy it. 

I'll stop going on about your religion now. 

I would however suggest you listen carefully to the words of the excellent Madness song,  Mr Apples. You might find them interesting. 

10 hours ago, ShedTA said:

so do I RB, with many other contractors. I don't know anyone who would either take a verbal offer of employment as a firm offer until received in writing, or would resign their contract verbally without giving written notice same day. or accept termination without it being in writing same day. that's all. very strange to me that any of that would be accepted verbally, and therefore I assumed the same would apply to a role like Manager of Rangers.

I think we're pretty much agreeing here. I always thought you had to resign in writing but if Warburton was contracted via his own PSC then it might be completely different (think it was Bluegaz that suggested that possibility). 

Does anyone actually know how Warburton was employed contractually? 

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

You do seem really good at missing the point. 

You claim to be a Christian. 

Yet you espouse hatred for a group of people. 

I'm saying that's very unchristian of you. 

The specific group of people you hate is immaterial in this discussion. 

Got it yet? 

And if you'll scroll back I specifically asked if you hated Rangers fans as you continually conflate the club with the fans but you didn't answer. I therefore had to assume. 

Haha ffs is this a board for adults?

Edited by ParisInAKilt

4 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

No, they always have been.

I've never said anything close to that.

I've got loads of Rangers supporting friends.

Yes. 

From your point of view there would be no God and no afterlife, so all the suffering would be down to 'man' or 'chance'.

From my point of view there is a God, and any suffering would only seem like a second compared to eternity in heaven.

Unfortunately, suffering is a consequence of freewill, and freewill is the method by which we choose to accept or reject God.

It has to be. There's no other way.

That would be satan.

His destiny was sealed when he tried to organize a mutiny in heaven.

He holds the deeds to earth after having got Adam to sin.

When satan sees us he sees God because we were made in His image, and since he hates God he wreaks as much havoc on us as he can.

The only thing holding back the enemy from total domination on earth is God the Holy Spirit in the hearts of Bible-believing Christians. Once the rapture takes place those left will be defenceless.

(Be careful what you wish for.)

Satan is destined for the lake of fire and he is determined to deceive as many as possible into joining him there.

So, if you hate suffering (REAL eternal suffering) then I would suggest that you avoid hell (and there's only One Way to do that).

Ahh satan gives kids cancer? Ok. And God does feck all? What a fecking khunt!! 

Only in the most twisted, self centered, souls could wanting a football team to lose be construed as some moral quandary.

Yes let's dwell on the zero-sum eudaimonistic game Scotty is playing with Rangers using Aristotle's Nicomedian Ethics as the context. That way you can both be right and we can get back to the plight of the aforementioned Rangers, instead of wondering why a being that might or might not exist doesn't dedicate itself to the erasure of cancer in one species out of 8.7 million. On one planet out of Trillions.

42 minutes ago, phart said:

Only in the most twisted, self centered, souls could wanting a football team to lose be construed as some moral quandary.

Yes let's dwell on the zero-sum eudaimonistic game Scotty is playing with Rangers using Aristotle's Nicomedian Ethics as the context. That way you can both be right and we can get back to the plight of the aforementioned Rangers, instead of wondering why a being that might or might not exist doesn't dedicate itself to the erasure of cancer in one species out of 8.7 million. On one planet out of Trillions.

And you've missed the point too. What or who Scotty hates is immaterial. 

For him to be a true follower of Christ (their rules, not mine) he has to be above such things as hate. 

It's pretty simple really. 

Anyway,  has anybody got any info on how Warburton was/is employed by Rangers? Think that might make a significant difference to the discussions on here, although we'll probably never actually get a proper answer once the almost unavoidable settlement is reached. 

39 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

Offer, acceptance and consideration. 

What would confirm that the offer & acceptance is bona fide / What happens when one party 'change' their mind about a certain point(s) ?

Having the detail in writing would surely be the correct thing to do. Regardless of the industry. A lot less messy / costly  if courts are required too.

The security is two way - I just don't get why an employer or employee would not want such protection.

3 hours ago, Redz said:

What would confirm that the offer & acceptance is bona fide / What happens when one party 'change' their mind about a certain point(s) ?

Having the detail in writing would surely be the correct thing to do. Regardless of the industry. A lot less messy / costly  if courts are required too.

The security is two way - I just don't get why an employer or employee would not want such protection.

Because it was an opportunistic way of getting rid of Warburton on the cheap? 

9 hours ago, phart said:

What mechanism is used to determine if a verbal contract exists? I have no idea myself.

well witnesses would help

& i would imagine the credibility of the individual witnesses, and i would imagine if there was supporting documents which show a case history of the contract being agreed previously, which would show what had been discussed was in the normal course of business -

I used to always bring a witness if i wanted to buy a private car, because you could ask pointed questions, such as if car had been in car crash etc, and if they lied, you could refer to witness as support, that they misrepresented the sale - and you could sue them for loss on value-  now people could then say that's too expensive to sue, but you  could drag them to a small claims court, and give them the inconvenience for a day, in having to attend court or pay legal days to defend. 

Edited by euan2020

19 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Because it was an opportunistic way of getting rid of Warburton on the cheap? 

Undoubtedly. Time will tell how cheap I guess.

If I were Warburton I'd deny even knowing that his agent was meeting with the board, far less discussing a way out.

Would that be enough to render the flimsy (IMO) verbally binding guff, shyte?

1 hour ago, Redz said:

Undoubtedly. Time will tell how cheap I guess.

If I were Warburton I'd deny even knowing that his agent was meeting with the board, far less discussing a way out.

Would that be enough to render the flimsy (IMO) verbally binding guff, shyte?

In that case, I think that Warburton could have a claim, but it may be against the agent, (or if it is Rangers, the agent would then be liable to Rangers).

What this will come down to is what is known as 'ostensible authority- basically- ' A principle (Warburton in this case) may incur liability under a contract if [his agents] act in entering into the contract was within his ostensible, though not within his actual authority'. (Gloag and Henderson- Laws of Scotland page 416, for anyone sad enough to be interested further. See also First Energy (UK) Limited v Hungarian National Bank [1993]). Obviously, as has been said on this thread before, contracts in Scotland dont have to be in writing (apart form things like property transfers).

So if Rangers believed the agent was doing something that agents normally do, then its up to the agent to prove that this wasn't the case.

14 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

In that case, I think that Warburton could have a claim, but it may be against the agent, (or if it is Rangers, the agent would then be liable to Rangers).

What this will come down to is what is known as 'ostensible authority- basically- ' A principle (Warburton in this case) may incur liability under a contract if [his agents] act in entering into the contract was within his ostensible, though not within his actual authority'. (Gloag and Henderson- Laws of Scotland page 416, for anyone sad enough to be interested further. See also First Energy (UK) Limited v Hungarian National Bank [1993]). Obviously, as has been said on this thread before, contracts in Scotland dont have to be in writing (apart form things like property transfers).

So if Rangers believed the agent was doing something that agents normally do, then its up to the agent to prove that this wasn't the case.

This is where i have a doubt - I'm not clear that this would be in normal course of what an agent does - I'm thinking they would not tender resignations, in the context of football managers - unless i guess there is an acrimonious relationship with board, and even then i would like;y get solicitor rather 

Edited by euan2020

8 minutes ago, euan2020 said:

This is where i have a doubt - I'm not clear that this would be in normal course of what an agent does - I'm thinking they would not tender resignations 

Agreed. I have no experience of what agents do myself, so cant add anything to that.