Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 367 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

7 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Didn't think that could possibly be true. I take it the volunteer stewards is a hoax too ?

Guessing it would have to be as only properly trained and licensed stewards can be used,  I think. 

It's all about public liability insurance.

On 18/02/2017 at 10:43 AM, Redz said:

What would confirm that the offer & acceptance is bona fide / What happens when one party 'change' their mind about a certain point(s) ?

Having the detail in writing would surely be the correct thing to do. Regardless of the industry. A lot less messy / costly  if courts are required too.

The security is two way - I just don't get why an employer or employee would not want such protection.

You're correct. I was just highlighted what actually constitutes a contract. If there's nothing in writing, it's basically one person's word against another if there's a dispute. It's why people have formally executed contracts which expressly state the intentions of the parties with respect to obligations and remedies. 

3 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

You're correct. I was just highlighted what actually constitutes a contract. If there's nothing in writing, it's basically one person's word against another if there's a dispute. It's why people have formally executed contracts which expressly state the intentions of the parties with respect to obligations and remedies. 

Even if it's one person's word against another a verbal contract is still a contract.

1 hour ago, Larky Masher said:

Even if it's one person's word against another a verbal contract is still a contract.

Yes. That's what I'm saying. A verbal contract is absolutely binding. It's just problematic if there's a dispute because it's one person's word against the other's as to what the contract was. Put another way, the written part isn't the contract - it's just the evidence that there is a contract. 

Edited by SMcoolJ

14 hours ago, Redz said:

Not arguing, honest! 

On whose 'word' is it a contract though?

Can of worms I'd say....

13 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

Yes. That's what I'm saying. A verbal contract is absolutely binding. It's just problematic if there's a dispute because it's one person's word against the other's as to what the contract was. Put another way, the written part isn't the contract - it's just the evidence that there is a contract. 

I think we're furiously agreeing with each other.

3 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

John James.  Stated that Morton were due £150K from the recent cup game and no one from Ibrox was taking their calls.  Morton subsequently tweeted to say it was a lot of pish.

Is he the one that is on the run after his friends in MI5 said that his life was in danger, and was asking Celtic fans to send him money for hotel bills, etc?

38 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

John James.  Stated that Morton were due £150K from the recent cup game and no one from Ibrox was taking their calls.  Morton subsequently tweeted to say it was a lot of pish.

I saw that. He is claiming that they were unpaid until later today when rangers coughed up due to the press enquiries. Of course no way of knowing what the truth is.

5 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

The game was played on the 12th, so monies were due by close on Friday the 17th.

The actual payment was made on Monday February 20th.

Oh so wait a minute, the deluded blogger was actually factually correct in that the payment was late?

Oh come on!

Anyway regardless it's been paid so the question is are late payments common? If they are then it's a fuss about nothing.

Guest BlueGaz
2 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

Oh so wait a minute, the deluded blogger was actually factually correct in that the payment was late?

Oh come on!

Anyway regardless it's been paid so the question is are late payments common? If they are then it's a fuss about nothing.

Oh how I wish companies would pay on time.  Would save smaller companies a fortune.  Everyday occurrence.

6 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

The game was played on the 12th, so monies were due by close on Friday the 17th.

The actual payment was made on Monday February 20th.

I'm not disputing the veracity of this for one second but can I ask how you are privy to this information?

19 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I'm not disputing the veracity of this for one second but can I ask how you are privy to this information?

good point FB. However given the fuss and nonsense flying about because of this if the payment wasn't late would rangers not just say so? Better for all if they did.

Just now, ShedTA said:

good point FB. However given the fuss and nonsense flying about because of this if the payment wasn't late would rangers not just say so? Better for all if they did.

Why should the give credence to something if it's complete nonsense made up by an obsessed blogger?  If they had to comment on every bullshit story made up by Tims we'd have more people in the press department than have season tickets.  The statement from Morton should be enough.

Guest BlueGaz
1 minute ago, ShedTA said:

There will often be a fuss and nonsense over nothing in Scotland.  You say it as if it is abnormal.

14 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

4 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

There will often be a fuss and nonsense over nothing in Scotland.  You say it as if it is abnormal.

I just had a look at the John James site to see what he as saying. He is sticking to his version of events and actually calling out people on it including a Morton director and people on twitter who were rubbishing his facts. Looks a little bit like he was on the money with the story. Whether it's actually significant as you say Gaz who knows?