Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 381 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

29 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Three board members removed yesterday? Not sure if it from the holding company, the club or the incubator?

removed? Resigned or Sacked?

26 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Three board members removed yesterday? Not sure if it from the holding company, the club or the incubator?

removed? resigned or Sacked?

Guest BlueGaz
1 hour ago, ShedTA said:

You should want it too Gaz.

I just want it over mate.  The consequences they mention in your article don't bother me, the worst is over IMO, having to start at the bottom.  Not long now though :ok:

4 hours ago, theweestevie said:

Was it not to do with there being 2 boards, one being set up to allow Sandy Easdale to be a director and they are just essentailly getting rid of that?

Yup- but its amazing how much this stuff is jumped on. Certain bloggers were having heart attacks earlier :lol:

Looks real in most part.

https://stv.tv/news/west-central/1382961-dave-king-breached-financial-rules-in-rangers-takeover/

Not sure what is the problem for King here. He bids 20p and no one accepts. (So some nasty fees have to be paid.) 

Is there some super sneaky Ashley trap in all of this? Can he use it provoke a hostile takeover bidding war...20p being the opening bid... not the only bid at it is now.

Fheck knows. King is an utter charlatan but (IMHO , allegedly). That I am betting on.

Edited by thplinth

38 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Looks real in most part.

https://stv.tv/news/west-central/1382961-dave-king-breached-financial-rules-in-rangers-takeover/

Not sure what is the problem for King here. He bids 20p and no one accepts. (So some nasty fees have to be paid.) 

Is there some super sneaky Ashley trap in all of this? Can he use it provoke a hostile takeover bidding war...20p being the opening bid... not the only bid at it is now.

Fheck knows. King is an utter charlatan but (IMHO , allegedly). That I am betting on.

Yup its real. Covered off a few pages back. Think the consolidated thoughts were that it wouldn't make much difference, bar the fees to King. Dont think anyone came up with this being an Ashley trap. The ruling from the competition authority gives interesting background. i posted the link.

On 28/03/2017 at 6:16 PM, ShedTA said:

No idea. But if it is then no it's not.

It's in a newspaper, it's obviously not neutral. Especially the National. Every article I've seen in it on any subject is very biased. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone following the Craig Whyte trial?  Some rather interesting stuff coming out.  QC Findlay turning up evidence that would appear to throw oldco and newco under the bus. 

Rangers had a seven figure maintenance obligation relating to safety of the roof in 2011. Six years later, nothing done to roof but Rangers are self certifying in each intervening year.

Letter from HRMC in 2010 confirming specific tax debt, yet Rangers granted Euro License in 2011 as the tax debt had "not been confirmed" at that time according to SFA.

Lloyds were going to foreclose in 2011 if the Whyte deal didn't go through.  From this, it could be suggested that it was indeed David Murray who killed Rangers and then passed the corpse to Whyte.

It would appear that truths are coming out which might benefit Rangers fans in terms of knowing what really went on - but some that may not be that helpful to Rangers moving forward.

(David Murray now giving evidence - will be interesting to see how QC Findlay handles him)

PS. Don't shoot the messenger!!

I saw something on twitter about it yesterday, surprised by the lack of coverage so far, and no chat on here either.

I'm really curious as to how it all happened, it's a really interesting story.

Maybe Rangers fans will get answers as to who the real bad guys are in all this? I want to know. So far it looks like Craig Whyte was a fall guy....

I have been following it, interesting stuff, but if I mention rangers on here I usually get hounded.

The SFA are up to their eyes in this. they clearly broke the rules and will need to explain why though the reasons seem obvious. Also have you seen the latest quote from david murray ? "EBTs allowed them to get players that they otherwise could not afford. "

no sporting advantage? hmmm I don't think so. momentum for LNS review and to strip titles will gather now I would think.

6 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I saw something on twitter about it yesterday, surprised by the lack of coverage so far, and no chat on here either.

I'm really curious as to how it all happened, it's a really interesting story.

Maybe Rangers fans will get answers as to who the real bad guys are in all this? I want to know. So far it looks like Craig Whyte was a fall guy....

I think that is now obvious. the real killers of rangers were david murray ad the other directors.