Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 388 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/expect-rangers-take-title-celtic-10659817

I expect Rangers to take the title from Celtic this season and here is why - Rangers blogger

Our Gers blogger James Black sticks his neck on the line with this bold prediction

Do these guys never learn? :lol: 

Guest BlueGaz
1 minute ago, Parklife said:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/expect-rangers-take-title-celtic-10659817

I expect Rangers to take the title from Celtic this season and here is why - Rangers blogger

Our Gers blogger James Black sticks his neck on the line with this bold prediction

Bold is not the word I would use to describe it.  

42 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Bold prediction because of the font used. 

Stupid prediction because of the prediction. Aiming for 2nd this season and to be closer points wise to Celtic is sensible. 

7 minutes ago, Big Col said:

is the tearing up of the retail deal going to spark scenes like black friday at the megastore tomorrow?

What time does it open, have they started queueing already?

Expecting a 50K plus sell out tomorrow :ok:

5 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Bold prediction because of the font used. 

Stupid prediction because of the prediction. Aiming for 2nd this season and to be closer points wise to Celtic is sensible. 

Exactly. Getting to the third round in Europe would be a good result too.

Looks like Ashley is set to cut all ties with Rangers and sell his 9% shareholding to fans groups.  I have to say, after an absolute stinker of a season just gone, the new signings, the retail deal being ripped up and now this have all made it a most enjoyable summer.  Fair play to King and co, they've played a blinder so far.

Might be time to change the thread name again......

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

Looks like Ashley is set to cut all ties with Rangers and sell his 9% shareholding to fans groups.  I have to say, after an absolute stinker of a season just gone, the new signings, the retail deal being ripped up and now this have all made it a most enjoyable summer.  Fair play to King and co, they've played a blinder so far.

Was just thinking this, King appears to be starting to deliver on some of his promises. Although he's still for the watching. I imagine there's a warehouse full of Rangers shirts somewhere and there's mutual benefits to king and Ashley to punt them before the marching new football season.

It remains to be seen how good these signings are, as the majority are unknowns, but Caixinha at least appears to be trying to instil some discipline, rather than what I imagine was like a holiday camp at some points over the last few years.

2 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

I can appreciate the positive view on the retail deal. However, not the signings. Rangers are currently running at a large loss, yet are spending millions of pounds on new players. How's that being paid for? 

It's like everyone has forgotten the past already. 

8 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I can appreciate the positive view on the retail deal. However, not the signings. Rangers are currently running at a large loss, yet are spending millions of pounds on new players. How's that being paid for? 

It's been well documented that the current board, including King, are giving loans to be converted to equity once a new share issue gets the green light.  Now that Ashley is (going to be) out of the picture that's the last blocker for the share issue so I'd expect an EGM to be called as soon as Ashley has handed over his shares.

1 minute ago, Fairbairn said:

It's been well documented that the current board, including King, are giving loans to be converted to equity once a new share issue gets the green light.  Now that Ashley is (going to be) out of the picture that's the last blocker for the share issue so I'd expect an EGM to be called as soon as Ashley has handed over his shares.

So the plan is to get the fans to invest again?

:shocked:

48 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

So the plan is to get the fans to invest again?

:shocked:

I think it's more institutional investors they're targeting this time but the majority of it will come from the money already ploughed in by King and co with their shareholding increasing (I'd assume).

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

How much of his children's inheritance has the glib and shameless liar invested? 

On 2017-6-21 at 10:40 PM, Stu101 said:

Who knows. Tomorrow is another day.

I'm just content with supporting the worlds most successful club, myself :P

Al Ahly Sporting Club (Egyptian pronunciation: [elˈahly][1]) commonly known as Al Ahly (English: The National) is an Egyptian sporting club. Founded in April 1907, they were named in 2000 by the Confederation of African Football as the "African Club of the Century".

Al Ahly has 128 official trophies (109 domestic and 19 international). This makes them the most successful football club in the world.[2]

1 hour ago, Blackpool78 said:

Al Ahly Sporting Club (Egyptian pronunciation: [elˈahly][1]) commonly known as Al Ahly (English: The National) is an Egyptian sporting club. Founded in April 1907, they were named in 2000 by the Confederation of African Football as the "African Club of the Century".

Al Ahly has 128 official trophies (109 domestic and 19 international). This makes them the most successful football club in the world.[2]

I'll see your wikipedia (edited by Crossibhoy :lol:)

And raise you UEFA - http://www.scotzine.com/2017/04/uefa-to-honour-real-madrid-and-rangers-as-worlds-most-successful-clubs/

Edited by Stu101

5 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Seeing as we're just guessing I'll say £8.2M.

Seeing as we're just guessing I'll say £8.2M.

EBT enhanced would make £12.8 then.

On ‎22‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 10:17 AM, Parklife said:

On ‎22‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 10:27 AM, Fairbairn said:

so that will take care of the current soft loans. But what happens going forwards?  they are still running at a large loss every year and if anything more so this season with their new signings. The SD news is good news I suppose but does it not seem to be just stop gap stuff? how do they balance the books? more soft loans?