Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 389 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

Just now, Fairbairn said:

Mike Ashley has sold 50% of his shareholding (4.46%) to Club 1872.  This takes C1872's shareholding to 10.71% meaning they are the second largest shareholder.  Excellent news all round!

this is good news being rid of Ashley as a shareholder. how much was that worth FB?

2 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

so that will take care of the current soft loans. But what happens going forwards?  they are still running at a large loss every year and if anything more so this season with their new signings. The SD news is good news I suppose but does it not seem to be just stop gap stuff? how do they balance the books? more soft loans?

They'll be banking a lot (I'd assume) on European/Champions's League money coming in to the coffers over the next XX seasons I'd imagine.  The retail deal will make a huge difference and of course having 40K+ season tickets sold will help as well.  I think a lot of costly legacy issues are slowly coming to an end (Sports Direct litigation for example) and a lot of the soft loans have went on things that had been neglected for years (Stadium repairs, Auchenowie renovations) so now that those "one offs" are gone it would free up more of the working capital for day to day.  They seem to be going down a bit of a speculate to accumulate route but the good news (if you can call it that) is that we currently have these investors (including King) who are prepared to provide the funds as they said they would.  I'm not naive enough to see the warning signs that if they were to walk away (yes, I know) and we don't have European money coming in the landscape could suddenly look very different.

1 minute ago, ShedTA said:

this is good news being rid of Ashley as a shareholder. how much was that worth FB?

I'm not really sure what the outlay was as I'm not sure of the current share value.  He's also sold the other 4.46% to an investor(s) in Hong Kong, which I'm assuming is the 2 lads who provided funds earlier, so it seems that Ashley is now out of the picture completely.

Guest BlueGaz
28 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

They'll be banking a lot (I'd assume) on European/Champions's League money coming in to the coffers over the next XX seasons I'd imagine.  The retail deal will make a huge difference and of course having 40K+ season tickets sold will help as well.  I think a lot of costly legacy issues are slowly coming to an end (Sports Direct litigation for example) and a lot of the soft loans have went on things that had been neglected for years (Stadium repairs, Auchenowie renovations) so now that those "one offs" are gone it would free up more of the working capital for day to day.  They seem to be going down a bit of a speculate to accumulate route but the good news (if you can call it that) is that we currently have these investors (including King) who are prepared to provide the funds as they said they would.  I'm not naive enough to see the warning signs that if they were to walk away (yes, I know) and we don't have European money coming in the landscape could suddenly look very different.

I'm not really sure what the outlay was as I'm not sure of the current share value.  He's also sold the other 4.46% to an investor(s) in Hong Kong, which I'm assuming is the 2 lads who provided funds earlier, so it seems that Ashley is now out of the picture completely.

27.5p per share

36 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

so that will take care of the current soft loans. But what happens going forwards?  they are still running at a large loss every year and if anything more so this season with their new signings. The SD news is good news I suppose but does it not seem to be just stop gap stuff? how do they balance the books? more soft loans?

I have a feeling they might have another share issue soon.

Also, if i remember correctly, the merchandising in the last set of accounts was worth between 4M-5M- a portion of which will still go to Ashley. So not massive numbers, overall.

53 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

ah just seen - £2m deal apparently. fair play - always said King was going to be good for the club...

54 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

In all seriousness FB the key would appear to be getting rid of those who were/are just trying to strip money out of the club for themselves. This then gives you far more to spend on players etc. I think they are getting there however would still be cautious about King. I still believe he is in it for himself - maybe I haven't mentioned that before.

12 hours ago, Blackpool78 said:

Uefa that only covers teams in europe????? Belter lol

Where is your quote from? link you posted doesn't work, and looks like an old edited version of wiki.

This nearest I can find is this - 'Al Ahly is the second most successful club in the world in terms of number of international titles (20), together with Barcelona (20) but behind Real Madrid (22).[1] The club plays their home matches in the Cairo International Stadium, with a capacity of 75,000.[2]

Anyway, when you have a second, look up the sporting Intelligence stats covering the top 100 leagues

6 hours ago, Blackpool78 said:

Al Alhy is the most successful club in the world and Rangers have won the most leagues all there to see if you research it a little but Rangers fans never do as it will prove their soundbite to be a myth, bit like Celtic only doing 2 in a row :lol:

Do us all a favor and provide a link then. That's all we are asking...

Got to laugh at the assertion that Celtic winning the league in 2015/16 is somehow invalid because Rangers were too shite to get promoted from the Championship the season previous :lol: 

Only thing more laughable is the intellect of folk who buy in to this shtick from King. 

Edited by Parklife

Just now, Parklife said:

Got to laugh at the assertion that Celtic winning the league in 2015/16 is somehow invalid because Rangers were too shite to get promoted from the Championship the season previous :lol: 

Only thing more laughable is the intellect of folk who buy in to this shtick from King. 

And there's plenty of them.

History has proven so!

aye once again King appears to be at it here. The good news happily reported by the compliant media seems to have a lot of holes in it. It appeared good from the media reports even to me but doesn't look that way. a defeat for Ashley? hmmm.. seems like he bailed.

5 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

aye once again King appears to be at it here. The good news happily reported by the compliant media seems to have a lot of holes in it. It appeared good from the media reports even to me but doesn't look that way. a defeat for Ashley? hmmm.. seems like he bailed.

Care to elaborate?

24 minutes ago, theweestevie said:

Care to elaborate?

if they do a share issue, which is highly likely he would be unable to increase his shareholding or may not want to. since it will probably be an equity for loan swap then the value of his holding will be diluted.

14 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

if they do a share issue, which is highly likely he would be unable to increase his shareholding or may not want to. since it will probably be an equity for loan swap then the value of his holding will be diluted.

To be honest that's all semantics.  He's away and the retail deal has been ripped up which is by far the most important thing.  And also his 9% shareholding was one of the significant blockers to King et al being able to have a new share issue so whatever Ashley's reasons for selling up it can only been seen as a positive for King.

I fully get that you'll continue to look for a negative spin though.

34 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

To be honest that's all semantics.  He's away and the retail deal has been ripped up which is by far the most important thing.  And also his 9% shareholding was one of the significant blockers to King et al being able to have a new share issue so whatever Ashley's reasons for selling up it can only been seen as a positive for King.

I fully get that you'll continue to look for a negative spin though.

It's not as simple as the retail deal being ripped up, is it? Sports Direct will still sell Rangers products and get the vast majority of the profits, won't they? Although the Rangers mega store at Ibrox will make Rangers a higher %age of profits. 

13 minutes ago, Parklife said:

It's not as simple as the retail deal being ripped up, is it? Sports Direct will still sell Rangers products and get the vast majority of the profits, won't they? Although the Rangers mega store at Ibrox will make Rangers a higher %age of profits. 

Anything sold at Sports Direct is a 50-50 split. Anything sold at Ibrox or via Rangers website is 75% profit to Rangers, 25% to sports direct.