Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 392 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

On 7/1/2017 at 1:11 PM, Fairbairn said:

What have the frequently fined Celtic support been up to now?

We're relying on the moral judgments of UEFA to do decide what is right and wrong? 

Interesting...

On 01/07/2017 at 1:11 PM, Fairbairn said:

What have the frequently fined Celtic support been up to now?

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

We're relying on the moral judgments of UEFA to do decide what is right and wrong? 

Interesting...

I'm guessing the original reference was to UEFA looking at Rangers for throwing rolled up bits of paper from the card display at the opposition keeper.

Id expect they'll have some more substantial charges hanging over them by Wednesday.

:lol:

21 hours ago, Mox said:

I see the bold Pedro has banned his players from wearing green boots, sensational stuff.

Didn't Pep Gaurdolia do something similar and ban a particular colour of boots when he first joined Man City?

Theres no issue here whatsoever, it's just the Scottish media trying to stoke the flames and keep bigotry and sectarianism well and truelly alive. When Gorgeous Giorgios had first signed on loan for Celtic either The Sun or The Record(maybe even both) made a big deal about how he was wearing orange boots, there was possibly even a backpage headline for it.

Fast forward a few weeks after that groundbreaking journalism some poor took a dull yin in a sectarian attack yet they were calling it a disgrace, scotlands shame etc

Ask yourself, if Hibs/Hearts or Fundee/Yinitit banned each other's colours being worn would anyone be that bothered? 

We are in a world now where people want to be offended by religion and politics

Edited by DoonTheSlope

12 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Didn't Pep Gaurdolia do something similar and ban a particular colour of boots when he first joined Man City?

Theres no issue here whatsoever, it's just the Scottish media trying to stoke the flames and keep bigotry and sectarianism well and truelly alive. When Gorgeous Giorgios had first signed on loan for Celtic either The Sun or The Record(maybe even both) made a big deal about how he was wearing orange boots, there was possibly even a backpage headline for it.

Fast forward a few weeks after that groundbreaking journalism some poor took a dull yin in a sectarian attack yet they were calling it a disgrace, scotlands shame etc

Ask yourself, if Hibs/Hearts or Fundee/Yinitit banned each other's colours being worn would anyone be that bothered? 

We are in a world now where people want to be offended by religion and politics

Spot on. Detracts from the real stuff that actually needs dealt with.

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Interesting...

Oh no, not all.  I'm just not relying on Blackpool78 to do it!

(Although, given he's referring to UEFA citing the Rangers fans it's one and the same in this instance).

6 hours ago, Blackpool78 said:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/pictures-emerge-rangers-people-slogan-10728061

First green boots and now this......playing to the crowds to get them onside for when his team is found out 

So banning Green boots is disgusting and motivational posters are somehow crap as well? 

Not sure how this is playing to the crowds when it's not where we can see it? 

Are you equally offended by Man United and their use of similar motivational artwork using slogans and quotes from their history? 

You appear to want to be the biggest bed wetter on the boards these days and to be fair to you, you're succeeding. 

I wonder if you'll be as equally outraged when the Celtic fans secure the club another UEFA fine this season? 

6 hours ago, Larky Masher said:

That's shocking so it is.

Isn't it just. Who knows where this could lead. We could have Rangers improving and Celtic not getting another undefeated season at this rate. Disgusting. 

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

So banning Green boots is disgusting and motivational posters are somehow crap as well? 

Are you equally offended by Man United and their use of similar motivational artwork using slogans and quotes from their history? 

You appear to want to be the biggest bed wetter on the boards these days and to be fair to you, you're succeeding. 

I wonder if you'll be as equally outraged when the Celtic fans secure the club another UEFA fine this season? 

Hibs and Hearts and probably a host of others have quotes from players in the past yet theres been no outrage AFAIK

1 minute ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Hibs and Hearts and probably a host of others have quotes from players in the past yet theres been no outrage AFAIK

I'd love Motherwell to get a big "Ya Beezer" in the tunnel.

:lol:

12 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Now, i don't really give a feck here but it's not simply "motivational artwork" when they include the use of a phrase stemming from Protestant supremacy, that originated in NI. 

As i said though, i don't really give a feck, but IMO it is important to point these things out for exactly what they are. 

24 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Can any Rangers fans explain where the slogan "We are the People" came from?

It came from NI, where "We are the People: Prods Rule OK" was a slogan of Protestant supremacy which was daubed on walls around the Loyalist areas. 

I'm sure we'll get some wonderful stories about how it is nothing to do with the above though... ;) 

59 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Can any Rangers fans explain where the slogan "We are the People" came from?

It was a song from the early 60s as I'm sure our more senior members will confirm.

I'm also sure we'll get some other interpretations though.  -_-

We are the people who sing of victory,
And pull our football glory from Kilmarnock to Dundee.
We follow Glasgow Rangers; are hearts are strong and true,
We are the people who cheer the boys in blue.

A Goal! A Goal!
We're ready to acclaim.
A Goal! A Goal!
To claim another game.
We follow Glasgow Rangers, our hearts are strong and true,

We'll be there at Ibrox when Rangers take the field,
We'll follow onto triumph for we know they'll never lose.
And 60,000 voices will cheer the whole game through,
For we are the people who cheer the boys in blue.

A Goal! A Goal!
We're ready to acclaim.
A Goal! A Goal!
To win another game.

A Goal! A Goal!
We're ready to acclaim.
A Goal! A Goal!
To clinch another game.

31 minutes ago, silverbear said:

It was a song from the early 60s as I'm sure our more senior members will confirm.

I'm also sure we'll get some other interpretations though.  -_-

We are the people who sing of victory,
And pull our football glory from Kilmarnock to Dundee.
We follow Glasgow Rangers; are hearts are strong and true,

A Goal! A Goal!
We're ready to acclaim.
A Goal! A Goal!
To claim another game.

We'll be there at Ibrox when Rangers take the field,
We'll follow onto triumph for we know they'll never lose.
And 60,000 voices will cheer the whole game through,
For we are the people who cheer the boys in blue.

A Goal! A Goal!
We're ready to acclaim.
A Goal! A Goal!
To win another game.

A Goal! A Goal!
We're ready to acclaim.
A Goal! A Goal!
To clinch another game.

Never heard that song in my puff and I doubt most Rangers fans have either!

What is the real reason?

1 minute ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Maybe the title of the Geoffrey Beattie book, "We Are The People : Journeys Through the Heart of Protestant Ulster" , provides a hint ?

Book was published in 1993, I'm sure this was being chanted at Ibrox way before that.

20 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Banning the green boots is up there with banning green straws but its the Rangers way and you lot wont see the problem with it and with WATP its the Rangers way and again you dont see anything wrong with it