Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 398 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

5 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Here's what pisses me off with the Huns. Those cvnts are due a serious fortune to the taxman. Now, any other cvnt in any walk of life would have their assets seized to pay towards it. Why are these cheats continually allowed to financially benefit from the cash that 50 thousand punters bring in each game? 

We either are the same club or were not. You can't have it both ways. 

1 minute ago, Ormond said:

Exactly! Make up your minds! :blink:

I have, as have the authorities. 

You are saying it's a new club but want them to pay the oldco bills. How does that work? 

Just now, RenfrewBlue said:

I have, as have the authorities. 

You are saying it's a new club but want them to pay the oldco bills. How does that work? 

It's your mob who want the history, the assets, etc, but want to convienently ignore the bills.

47 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Here's what pisses me off with the Huns. Those cvnts are due a serious fortune to the taxman. Now, any other cvnt in any walk of life would have their assets seized to pay towards it. Why are these cheats continually allowed to financially benefit from the cash that 50 thousand punters bring in each game? 

That's because they're a new club.A club that lacks class, much the same as the old club did. 

Not one acknowledgement on this thread, nor that i have seen on twitter, from a Rangers fan accepting that their club cheated. They all know, deep down, that's what happened, though they will never admit it. 

6 minutes ago, Parklife said:

That's because they're a new club.A club that lacks class, much the same as the old club did. 

Not one acknowledgement on this thread, nor that i have seen on twitter, from a Rangers fan accepting that their club cheated. They all know, deep down, that's what happened, though they will never admit it. 

nail on the head

1 hour ago, Glasgowmancity said:

I don't agree with that whether the scheme was illegal or not was not taken into account with the LNS ruling, so nothing has changed in that regard.

I think it will probably have to change now.  LNS ruled that EBT's were not illegal - presumably based on the tax case which gave that ruling (pre-HRMC appeal).  This has now been appealed and successfully overturned by HRMC.  The EBT's have been ruled illegal by the Supreme Court.  There are no further appeals, this will not change again.

Celtic calling for titles to be stripped. :ok: 

WE note today’s decision by the Supreme Court. Celtic's position on this issue has been consistent - that this has always been a matter for the courts of law and also the Scottish football authorities, whose rules are intended to uphold sporting integrity.

In 2013, we expressed surprise - shared by many observers and supporters of the game - over the findings of the SPL Commission that no competitive or sporting advantage had resulted. Today’s decision only re-affirms that view.

We are sure now that the footballing authorities in Scotland will wish to review this matter. Celtic awaits the outcome of their review.

Edited by Parklife

I just hope they are left void rather than given to the runners up for each tournament.

Leave each one with an asterisk beside it as a dirty stain on Scottish football's history rather than giving clubs a meaningless addition to their honours list

17 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

I just hope they are left void rather than given to the runners up for each tournament.

Leave each one with an asterisk beside it as a dirty stain on Scottish football's history rather than giving clubs a meaningless addition to their honours list

Agree totally. 

7 hours ago, Parklife said:

So do you want to bet £50 or were you just talking shite? 

ha ha

I'm not in the habit of making bets with folk on the internet, so, no, thankyou

I had Aberdeen and rangers pegged to hopefully get to the group stage but somehow I still have not appreciated the malaise our game is in

as Tommy Wright said, every other team in the tournament are technically superior to us

22 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

:ok: Good shout.

Also, nice to see a club with big clout like Celtic throwing down the gauntlet to that shower of spineless cowards at Hampden. I can imagine them having a giggle if a wee team like mines or Ross County for example issued a statement.

1 minute ago, Bino's said:

ha ha

I'm not in the habit of making bets with folk on the internet, so, no, thankyou

So talking shite then. Thought that. 

1 minute ago, Bino's said:

I had Aberdeen and rangers pegged to hopefully get to the group stage but somehow I still have not appreciated the malaise our game is in

as Tommy Wright said, every other team in the tournament are technically superior to us

If you had Aberdeen or Rangers pegged to get to the group stage, then you have very little idea of just how difficult that is. 

Rangers losing is a reflection on Rangers only, not our game. And what Tommy Wright says about St Johnstone, is about St Johnstone only. What is it about folk like you that are so desperate to slag Scottish football off? Were you on here saying how great a result it was when Saints be Rosenburg? Or when Aberdeen beat Groningen or Rejika? Were you feck! 

im not convinced they should go back and put asterisks.  I think Rangers probably did gain a sporting advantage to an extent but Celtic were more than capable of winning those titles.  It wasn't an EBT that put the ball in the net.  we'll only know they had a sporting advantage by asking Prso and Buffel etc if they would have come without an EBT.  They're hardly thierry henry either are they.

2 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

im not convinced they should go back and put asterisks.  I think Rangers probably did gain a sporting advantage to an extent but Celtic were more than capable of winning those titles.  It wasn't an EBT that put the ball in the net.  we'll only know they had a sporting advantage by asking Prso and Buffel etc if they would have come without an EBT.  They're hardly thierry henry either are they.

The people running Rangers have stated, under oath, in a court of law, that the use of EBT's allowed them to sign players they otherwise could not have afforded. There can be zero debate that they gained a sporting advantage, through use of this unlawful tax scheme.  

They cheated, plain and simple. 

48 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Celtic calling for titles to be stripped. :ok: 

WE note today’s decision by the Supreme Court. Celtic's position on this issue has been consistent - that this has always been a matter for the courts of law and also the Scottish football authorities, whose rules are intended to uphold sporting integrity.

In 2013, we expressed surprise - shared by many observers and supporters of the game - over the findings of the SPL Commission that no competitive or sporting advantage had resulted. Today’s decision only re-affirms that view.

We are sure now that the footballing authorities in Scotland will wish to review this matter. Celtic awaits the outcome of their review.

This might be a stupid question, I assume that all of the years in question Celtic were runners up when Rangers were champions?

Just now, Jersey Jim said:

This might be a stupid question, I assume that all of the years in question Celtic were runners up when Rangers were champions?

Yes. 

10 minutes ago, Parklife said:

The people running Rangers have stated, under oath, in a court of law, that the use of EBT's allowed them to sign players they otherwise could not have afforded. There can be zero debate that they gained a sporting advantage, through use of this unlawful tax scheme.  

They cheated, plain and simple. 

cheers I didn't know that.  In that case, seems like a open and shut case of looking to gain an advantage.

I still feel though that they must have made a right hash of finding a sporting advantage.  it's not like all that 50m over the course of ten years all went to players of any better calibre than what was in the Celtic team.  And it's only 50m over a period of time...much of it going to managers, physios etc.  I still feel the advantage actually gained was marginal.

2 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

cheers I didn't know that.  In that case, seems like a open and shut case of looking to gain an advantage.

I still feel though that they must have made a right hash of finding a sporting advantage.  it's not like all that 50m over the course of ten years all went to players of any better calibre than what was in the Celtic team.  And it's only 50m over a period of time...much of it going to managers, physios etc.  I still feel the advantage actually gained was marginal.

Have you not seen the list of players who gained due to the EBT's

31 minutes ago, Parklife said:

So talking shite then. Thought that. 

If you had Aberdeen or Rangers pegged to get to the group stage, then you have very little idea of just how difficult that is. 

Rangers losing is a reflection on Rangers only, not our game. And what Tommy Wright says about St Johnstone, is about St Johnstone only. What is it about folk like you that are so desperate to slag Scottish football off? Were you on here saying how great a result it was when Saints be Rosenburg? Or when Aberdeen beat Groningen or Rejika? Were you feck! 

who

4 minutes ago, Blackpool78 said:

Have you not seen the list of players who gained due to the EBT's

bertie bombscare and 70% dross though.  plus Barry Ferguson and some players you'd have expected them to sign Khizansvhilli, Thompson etc etc.

The advantage players are few and far between.  

7 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

Tax was GBP50M - so more like GBP 125M if tax that was avoided was 40% 

didnt need to be better calibre than celtic - just better calibre than they could afford without the tax evasion

10M a year - that is 5 players @ GBP40K a week which is half a team

I read that Stefan Klos at one stage was one of the top wage earners in Europe at time - I did wonder in past why he never moved on from Rangers  

20 minutes ago, Bino's said:

who

Ahhh, so because you're ignorant, Scottish football is shite? Got ye'... 

Here's a link to Rejika's home form http://int.soccerway.com/teams/croatia/hnk-rijeka/480/matches/ 

Go look at it, look at who the last team to win their was, then look at the teams who failed to win/lost there in the UEL group stages the year before Aberdeen beat them.