Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 417 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I'd still like to know what stu does for a living

Sorry, missed your question earlier.

Insolvency law- mainly focusing on restructuring earlier, but more property based now. Apologies for not giving you more details, but it would then be pretty easy to work out my personal details from the LSS website.

8 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

When a football club/company is liquidated, they die... so Rangers died (club and company... same thing... )

One can't (legally or logically) die and the other survive.

Dead Rangers now don't have a license because a football club in liquidation can't play football.

Charles Green bought a 'basket of assets'.

He now needed to name that new club/company, but that new club/company would also need a license to play football.

So... If you subscribe to the myth of continuation, why was there a need to get a new license?

Why not just use Rangers' license?

Because they didn't have one because they ceased to exist.

Why would Rangers 1872 eventually play as Sevco 5088 (after a postponed testimonial and a cancelled friendly) if they didn't die?

And then why become Rangers International if it wasn't out of necessity.

Rangers 1872 finished second in 2011-12 but weren't alive to take their place in Europe the following season.

They are no more.

:lol:

11 hours ago, ShedTA said:

believe what you want Stu but ill tell you something for nothing. you cant buy history.

The history is analogous with the asset- so doesn't need to be bought. Its normally covered off in these agreements for completeness - to other parties then claiming this.

I'd be intrigued if you can point out what provision of Company law or Insolvency law deals with the separation of this.

Edited by Stu101

8 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

You can't purchase a history.

That's just 'Doncasterspeak.'

You are the best troll I have ever come across, because you just spout statements that make no sense :lol:

Anyway, if I explain the law of goodwill to you, you wont believe me - but if i give you a link to a judge explaining it - you'll claim not to follow it, 

But I'll try. Here is the simplest definition I could find. Its from Cornell Law School (I don't think they are masons- but you might take a different view)

Goodwill is

"The reputation or brand identification enjoyed by a commercial entity.  In bankruptcy and other areas of law, goodwill is considered an intangible asset." 

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/goodwill

So the history is an intangible assets under the heading of goodwill. Value is attributed to it, but being intangible cannot be stripped from the underlying asset.

It would be ridiculous for a new club to claim that they won the old club's trophies.

Like a non-swimmer buying Mark Spitz's Olympic gold medals and claiming that he was somehow entitled to the credit for them, or like trying to buy a gang-banger's street cred.

It can't be done, but we understand the reasons (pride/money) Rangers are only trying this nonsense is because of the amounts of money that comes from the large support who so desperately want to compete with and have one over on Celtic as a sign of cultural superiority.

And make no mistake, Celtic have weighed the rivalry card's pros and cons too (and they'll go along with it if it's to their benefit). 

6 hours ago, Stu101 said:

Sorry, missed your question earlier.

Insolvency law- mainly focusing on restructuring earlier, but more property based now. Apologies for not giving you more details, but it would then be pretty easy to work out my personal details from the LSS website.

So you're a solicitor?

2 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

Like a non-swimmer buying Mark Spitz's Olympic gold medals and claiming that he was somehow entitled to the credit for them, or like trying to buy a gang-banger's street cred.

A swimmer is a person, Scotty. Not a corporate entity. 

Must say Ive warmed to your nonsense over the last few days . :ok:

Ok here is a question - same one as to Shed- What provision of Company law or Insolvency law deals with the separation of the history from the asset? Reference to the law, please.

4 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

It would be ridiculous for a new club to claim that they won the old club's trophies.

It can't be done, but we understand the reasons (pride/money) Rangers are only trying this nonsense is because of the amounts of money that comes from the large support who so desperately want to compete with and have one over on Celtic as a sign of cultural superiority.

And make no mistake, Celtic have weighed the rivalry card's pros and cons too (and they'll go along with it if it's to their benefit). 

As ridiculous as the creation fairy tale?

8 hours ago, Stu101 said:

Ok here is a question - same one as to Shed-

What provision of Company law or Insolvency law deals with the separation of the history from the asset? Reference to the law, please.

Loving the work @Stu101

@ShedTA and @Scotty CTA - If you can back this up, and prove Stu wrong providing the above, I will put £50 towards both TASA and TACC, along with a purchase for 2 tickets to the TACC Summer Ball. - If tickets are still available @Davied14?

Should be straight forward enough for you chaps.

5 hours ago, Debian said:

Loving the work @Stu101

@ShedTA and @Scotty CTA - If you can back this up, and prove Stu wrong providing the above, I will put £50 towards both TASA and TACC, along with a purchase for 2 tickets to the TACC Summer Ball. - If tickets are still available @Davied14?

Certainly are. :ok:

If Rangers are the same club then they should pay their creditors or what's to stop other clubs from running up ridiculous debt and getting away Scot-free to the detriment of society?

If Oldco are guilty of financial doping for using EBT'S with side-letters (and they are) then strip the trophies in question.

You can't have it all ways and walk away smelling like a rose.

Spineless league governance and a gutless media are both willing accomplices to this charade.

14 hours ago, Debian said:

Loving the work @Stu101

7 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

If Rangers are the same club then they should pay their creditors or what's to stop other clubs from running up ridiculous debt and getting away Scot-free to the detriment of society?

If Oldco are guilty of financial doping for using EBT'S with side-letters (and they are) then strip the trophies in question.

You can't have it all ways and walk away smelling like a rose.

Spineless league governance and a gutless media are both willing accomplices to this charade.

So that'll be a NO then to proving @Stu101 wrong. 

@ShedTA the floor is yours.  Put your money where your mouth is... or maybe @Scotty CTA will have some divine intention and pull something out the bag.  

9 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

I'm in now way a financial expert but could the same not be said for Motherwell, Dundee and Hearts etc who went in to Administration giving their creditors pence in the pound? Not paying creditors isn't an indicator of not being the same club.

10 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I'm in now way a financial expert but could the same not be said for Motherwell, Dundee and Hearts etc who went in to Administration giving their creditors pence in the pound? Not paying creditors isn't an indicator of not being the same club.

You're disagreeing with Scotty? 

Surely you know better than that? ? 

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

On 06/07/2017 at 3:46 PM, dipped flake said:

No idea why I've quoted dipped flake.

Wasn't Hearts CVA 0p to the £1? So their creditors didn't get a single penny 

Guest BlueGaz
7 minutes ago, theweestevie said:

Wasn't Hearts CVA 0p to the £1? So their creditors didn't get a single penny 

If Hearts are the same club then they should pay their creditors or what's to stop other clubs from running up ridiculous debt and getting away Scot-free to the detriment of society?

On 03/08/2017 at 1:17 AM, Stu101 said:

You are the best troll I have ever come across, because you just spout statements that make no sense :lol:

Anyway, if I explain the law of goodwill to you, you wont believe me - but if i give you a link to a judge explaining it - you'll claim not to follow it, 

But I'll try. Here is the simplest definition I could find. Its from Cornell Law School (I don't think they are masons- but you might take a different view)

Goodwill is

"The reputation or brand identification enjoyed by a commercial entity.  In bankruptcy and other areas of law, goodwill is considered an intangible asset." 

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/goodwill

So the history is an intangible assets under the heading of goodwill. Value is attributed to it, but being intangible cannot be stripped from the underlying asset.

There's a lot of words there that I have no idea what they mean. 

On 03/08/2017 at 7:34 AM, Stu101 said:

Stayed away from calling myself that, as I am not full qualified up here yet. That will change shortly.

Meh, your word means fvck all then :lol:

On ‎03‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 7:32 AM, Stu101 said:

A swimmer is a person, Scotty. Not a corporate entity. 

Must say Ive warmed to your nonsense over the last few days . :ok:

Ok here is a question - same one as to Shed- What provision of Company law or Insolvency law deals with the separation of the history from the asset? Reference to the law, please.

I really don't know Stu to be honest but is that the same company law that stated that rangers were an incorporated entity. so by that the club and company were indistinguishable in company law? liquidate one, then you liquidate the other?

Sorry but all your law speak cannot convince me that you can buy a clubs history. if that were the case what could stop dundee utd from buying real madrids history? apart form cash of course.

its absolute nonsense.

5 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

I really don't know Stu to be honest but is that the same company law that stated that rangers were an incorporated entity. so by that the club and company were indistinguishable in company law? liquidate one, then you liquidate the other?

Sorry but all your law speak cannot convince me that you can buy a clubs history. if that were the case what could stop dundee utd from buying real madrids history? apart form cash of course.

its absolute nonsense.

MK Dons & Wimbledon, Airdrie & Clydebank, Melbourne City & Melbourne Heart and many more times this has been done.

1 minute ago, Glasgowmancity said:

MK Dons & Wimbledon, Airdrie & Clydebank, Melbourne City & Melbourne Heart and many more times this has been done.

so are you saying Dundee Utd could buy real madrids history (euro cup wins etc) if they went bust?

its ludicrous.

6 minutes ago, Glasgowmancity said:

MK dons was a name change of an existing club, Airdrie have only two trophies to their name - formed in 2002 by buying out clydebank,  I cant be bothered to go on further than that... its ridiculous.

13 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

cough up £50 for this deluded p*sh? are you having a laugh?

I'm not asking you to pay £50.  I will pay if you can provide what Stu asks, or admit you can't... Either way, it's win win.

Just now, Debian said:

I'm not asking you to pay £50.  I will pay if you can provide what Stu asks, or admit you can't... Either way, it's win win.

No Debian the above doesn't work because Stu I assume is talking about the history of a company or assets. which I agree probably come associated with a purchase.

I am talking about the history of a football club.  Green bought the physical assets of the club/ company (stadium, murray park, etc) and set up a new club with those assets. so he inherited the history of those assets but not the history of the club. the club and company were one and the same and have been liquidated, My argument stands  that you cant buy a dead clubs history - despite what Neil Doncaster tries to tell you.

its a ridiculous idea.