Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 348 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

6 hours ago, EddardStark said:

The current matter of the commercial deal with Ashley is a real problem for us in terms of revenue streams and profit. Its a stark choice for the investors in terms of financing the club for the next few years but at least these guys are fans and care about the club.   I can't see us increasing season tickets prices sharply to boost profits.

The alternative is to cut costs very aggresively. We have cut the losses compared to last season which is a positive but the reality is we are facing a few years of not winning the league.

how much is rangers kit deal worth ?   lump sum or just a per shirt deal ?

English deals below - but not sure if some cover 4 years 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/05/18/premier-league-kit-deals-and-what-they-are-worth/

1 hour ago, euan2020 said:

how much is rangers kit deal worth ?   lump sum or just a per shirt deal ?

English deals below - but not sure if some cover 4 years 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/05/18/premier-league-kit-deals-and-what-they-are-worth/

Celtic's deal with New Balance is worth a reported 6 million a year so they are certainly missing out on some decent cash if getting screwed over. 

1 minute ago, Donaldo87 said:

Celtic's deal with New Balance is worth a reported 6 million a year so they are certainly missing out on some decent cash if getting screwed over. 

They are a bit of an exception as a lot of their fans look like they do all their clothes shopping in the Celtic superstore.

:lol:

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

They are a bit of an exception as a lot of their fans look like they do all their clothes shopping in the Celtic superstore.

No matter where you go on holiday, there'll be a Celtic fan in your hotel that'll be wearing a Celtic strip at least 50% of the time! 

9 hours ago, EddardStark said:

The current matter of the commercial deal with Ashley is a real problem for us in terms of revenue streams and profit. Its a stark choice for the investors in terms of financing the club for the next few years but at least these guys are fans and care about the club.   I can't see us increasing season tickets prices sharply to boost profits.

The alternative is to cut costs very aggresively. We have cut the losses compared to last season which is a positive but the reality is we are facing a few years of not winning the league.

Is the cutting losses in half really true though? Are they not only down due to a recent loan of £2.9m ?

so the operating losses were very close to last years - but the loan makes them appear less?

I'd imagine Rangers season ticket sales will take a hit if they lose the league by 25-30 points this year, even more so if the same thing happens the following year. On contrast, can see Celtic with a waiting list again if they are edging closer to 10IAR.

It's a tough one for Rangers as they have to manage the expectations of the fan base with what's realistic in terms of the overall long term stability of the club. Might be a bitter pill to swallow for some but Rangers can't and won't be able to financially compete with Celtic for many a year. Especially when Celtic have the knack of shifting a player for £10m every year or so on top of their CL money etc. 

Basically what's about to happen to Rangers is what's been happening to the other SPL clubs for years, only that we don't have a large % of our fan base with expectations of winning the league in the near future. Rangers do...

33 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I'd imagine Rangers season ticket sales will take a hit if they lose the league by 25-30 points this year, even more so if the same thing happens the following year. On contrast, can see Celtic with a waiting list again if they are edging closer to 10IAR.

It's a tough one for Rangers as they have to manage the expectations of the fan base with what's realistic in terms of the overall long term stability of the club. Might be a bitter pill to swallow for some but Rangers can't and won't be able to financially compete with Celtic for many a year. Especially when Celtic have the knack of shifting a player for £10m every year or so on top of their CL money etc. 

Basically what's about to happen to Rangers is what's been happening to the other SPL clubs for years, only that we don't have a large % of our fan base with expectations of winning the league in the near future. Rangers do...

and celtic will be able to keep attracting promising younger players with the lure of the champs league shop window, provided they can continue to at least qualify for group stages. then as you say shifting for £10m.

Guest BlueGaz
8 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

43 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

8 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

and celtic will be able to keep attracting promising younger players with the lure of the champs league shop window, provided they can continue to at least qualify for group stages. then as you say shifting for £10m.

Totally agree, almost, Rangers will only be the same as the rest of the SPL clubs have been in terms of not being able to compete with Celtic, but that will only be temporary.  Expectations will always be high at Rangers and rightly so, but they need to be realistic with it.  If, and appreciate it is a massive if at the moment, the club is managed properly, Rangers will get to the top again in a relatively short period of time.  By being at the top I mean either winning the league or challenging Celtic for it.  Who else in the SPL at the moment can achieve this?

Edited by BlueGaz

39 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Totally agree, almost, Rangers will only be the same as the rest of the SPL clubs have been in terms of not being able to compete with Celtic, but that will only be temporary.  Expectations will always be high at Rangers and rightly so, but they need to be realistic with it.  If, and appreciate it is a massive if at the moment, the club is managed properly, Rangers will get to the top again in a relatively short period of time.  By being at the top I mean either winning the league or challenging Celtic for it.  Who else in the SPL at the moment can achieve this?

If you class being at the top as either winning the league, or challenging for it, I can't see that happening this side of 2022 at the very best, and even then it will be a case of being a closer second. Agree that no-one else in the SPL will come anywhere close either, which is a bit depressing as a non OF fan. I can't see the Rangers fans finding that scenario very acceptable.

Guest BlueGaz
14 hours ago, jailender said:

If you class being at the top as either winning the league, or challenging for it, I can't see that happening this side of 2022 at the very best, and even then it will be a case of being a closer second. Agree that no-one else in the SPL will come anywhere close either, which is a bit depressing as a non OF fan. I can't see the Rangers fans finding that scenario very acceptable.

You might be right, I don't think it will take that long, but we won't know.  If we get a bit stronger each year and a bit closer, 2022 will maybe be about right.  Got to get through this season first.

16 hours ago, ShedTA said:

Is the cutting losses in half really true though? Are they not only down due to a recent loan of £2.9m ?

so the operating losses were very close to last years - but the loan makes them appear less?

no - loan is balance sheet entry - flipped from 1 loan to another - unless they repaid 1st loan, and second one was written off - which i dont think is what happened

15 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

What do you deem as a short period of time? Do you think your crowds will hold up if say next season celtic coast the league again? 

Celtic just been guaranteed  €28.8m by UEFA today. You're many years behind competing with them IMO. Financially and on the park. 

Am i reading that correct that Scottish League winners are now guaranteed  E10M just for getting to qualifying stage due to shared contract with English clubs - so don't even need to get to champions league  ?

- think i read it wrong 

http://stv.tv/sport/football/1371678-celtic-now-guaranteed-at-least-28-8m-in-champions-league-revenue/

Edited by euan2020

17 hours ago, Parklife said:

No matter where you go on holiday, there'll be a Celtic fan in your hotel that'll be wearing a Celtic strip at least 50% of the time! 

I was on a ski holiday in a small , rural corner of Italy and went to the pub to watch a champs league game. Celtic were playing and two blokes in Sellick taps appeared who didn't know one another but by the end of the night were hail hail buddies. Every night after that I kept seeing the pair of them in the pub with their taps oan even tho it was cold enough for brass monkeys to need a welder....

20 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Surely Glib King has a warchest at the ready to stop celtic winning 10 in a row.

• 4 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

i got this thread emailed to me earlier. Jesus, are these folk real?! Not a brain cell between them. It's worrying that these folk are actually roaming the streets!

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?/topic/302086-fat-greasy-yes-voting-bheast-johnny-mcfarlane-at-it-again/&page=1

It's like the daily mash of football forums!

I had a swatch at a thread about a bit of handbags in the Rangers end at firhill on Saturday.

Seemed a legitimate enough post asking what had happened, but quickly turned to the OP being called amongst other things a "priest gobbling bheast".

They were also criticising the guy for mentioning it in an open forum, which I thought showed a remarkable lack of self awareness given the content of almost every thread on there is jaw dropping levels of bigotry, I'm amazed they care.

17 minutes ago, macy37 said:

What was the craic yesterday? Something about McCoist blocking King with share issue number 3,4,5 or how many it would be? 

A resolution at the AGM to allow loans from directors to be converted to shares didn't pass by 0.4%. It is claimed by the DR, though not confirmed anywhere, that McCoist didn't vote and had he done so that would have been enough for the resolution to pass. In previous AGMs McCoist has proxied his votes to his local supporters club so not sure why he wouldn't have done the same this time. If it passed it meant that King et al could easily dilute Ashely and his gangs shareholding. Without the resolution passing we can hold a share issue and either they have to pump more money into the club to maintain the % they own, or there holdings would be diluted, which doesn't sound too bad to me tbh.

6 minutes ago, theweestevie said:

A resolution at the AGM to allow loans from directors to be converted to shares didn't pass by 0.4%. It is claimed by the DR, though not confirmed anywhere, that McCoist didn't vote and had he done so that would have been enough for the resolution to pass. In previous AGMs McCoist has proxied his votes to his local supporters club so not sure why he wouldn't have done the same this time. If it passed it meant that King et al could easily dilute Ashely and his gangs shareholding. Without the resolution passing we can hold a share issue and either they have to pump more money into the club to maintain the % they own, or there holdings would be diluted, which doesn't sound too bad to me tbh.

regardless of the outcome you have to wonder at the levels being stooped to to reveal the results of a secret ballot to the daily record. Jabba up to his tricks again?

11 minutes ago, theweestevie said:

Wouldn't that rely on someone underwriting the share issue and therefore committing a significant amount of cash? 

35 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

It's like the daily mash of football forums!

I had a swatch at a thread about a bit of handbags in the Rangers end at firhill on Saturday.

Seemed a legitimate enough post asking what had happened, but quickly turned to the OP being called amongst other things a "priest gobbling bheast".

They were also criticising the guy for mentioning it in an open forum, which I thought showed a remarkable lack of self awareness given the content of almost every thread on there is jaw dropping levels of bigotry, I'm amazed they care.

I had a laugh on that thread when they are obsessed about keeping their proud traditions. It is indeed like a Daily Mash article. 

Seems to be 99% absolute vermin. Don't know how a rational thinking Rangers fan could post on that.