Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 370 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

To be fair to Billy Davies, he's a good manager, just not very popular for whatever reason.

He took Derby up through the play offs when they were relegation favourites, they barely spent a penny and sacked him for being bottom of the EPL (with a squad that was heading for league 1).

He talks a good game and has friends in the media but basically he's achieved nothing substantial in a long career. 

Also seems to leave chaos behind him wherever he's been. 

Definitely a no from me. 

14 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

He talks a good game and has friends in the media but basically he's achieved nothing substantial in a long career. 

Also seems to leave chaos behind him wherever he's been. 

Definitely a no from me. 

I'm no Billy Davies fan boy, but I think the chaos at places like Nottingham Forrest and Motherwell were nothing to do with Davies.

I thought he was hung out to dry by Derby, Nottingham Forrest was a bit of a basket case.

Not sure what went on in his second spell at Forrest, but he's done well (on the park) at championship level.

5 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I'm no Billy Davies fan boy, but I think the chaos at places like Nottingham Forrest and Motherwell were nothing to do with Davies.

I thought he was hung out to dry by Derby, Nottingham Forrest was a bit of a basket case.

Not sure what went on in his second spell at Forrest, but he's done well (on the park) at championship level.

He gets the Fat Boyd seal of approval too. So you can be sure the players are allowed cakes in the club canteen. 

14 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Anyone actually in a half decent job would be mad to take the Rangers job just now unless there's some sort of investment coming for next season. 

Only another "up and coming" coach would find it a challenge worth taking on and that would probably not go down well with the fans. 

I just hope we don't take on a serial failure or under achiever like Coyle or Davies. 

Itll either be a former player / manager or an unknown. No known names in football without connections to Rangers would be interested. That includes Owen Coyle, apart from the fact i doubt he'd touch the Rangers job with a shitty bargepole, this is the guy who walked away from the Celtic job because of the limitations in place at the club on spending compared to what he was used to in England.

2 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

He got Derby promoted too soon, the team were nowhere ready to go up. He then suggested that he would of preferred to have taken Preston up instead, which was a stick to beat him with when the next season started so badly.

At Forest, he managed to fall out with everyone, but still remains friends with Fawaz, who everyone else despises.

If he were to join Rangers, he would give the fans all the soundbites they required, he would give the media anything they wanted until they disagreed with him or challanged him. 

He stirs up emotions, both love and hate, and he would be a loose cannon pitchside. If he could lose it so easily and often in the East Mids I dread to think what he would be like in Glasgow. 

1 hour ago, Cove_Sheep said:

It's not in the Sunday Mail or at least not in the edition I read earlier?

It does credit the Daily Record & Sunday People though so possibly in one of them, in which case....

It's also written by Birmingham City fan Neil Moxley of the Sunday People so I'm not going to panic yet. B)