Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 212 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

Yes and these people are bigots.

First of all you clearly don't know what you are talking about.

Second, why should we personally came about tax evasion? The less tax paid in the world the better in my opinion.

what parts wrong?

Is that it? Because you don't agree or you hate Rangers it's wrong?

Any evidence to back your hyperbolic ramblings?

evidence?what I,ve cited is common knowledge

Was he done for dodgy tax dealings?did he sit on the board during whites tenure?could he get a NOMAD?

Edited by Langtonian

Glad the bigots on here didn't get want they wanted. Especially since they are actually under some delusion that the SFA are massively biased in Rangers favour because they just aren't.

Glad to see that King passed the test. It would have been absurd had he not.

I'm glad for you, mate.

By the way - did Whyte, Green and Easdale pass the test as well?

- I'm glad King's passed, i'm sure their test are very rugged

Dave King statement

The Scottish FA has today cleared the way for Dave King to become a Director of Rangers International Football Club plc. Mr King said:

"I am delighted with today’s announcement from the Scottish FA. I can now turn my attention fully to the task of re-building Rangers.

"The Scottish FA’s process has understandably been a long one given their recent negative experience with some of the previous board members, who were tasked with being custodians of the Club. It was essential that I dealt fully with all of the Scottish FA’s questions and provided them with everything they required, no matter how personal, in order to prove that there were no barriers to me joining the Board of Rangers International Football Club plc.

"I always maintained I would meet the fit and proper requirements of the Scottish FA once they had examined all the evidence and that is what happened.

"I said before that I must be the most scrutinised candidate in Scottish football history but, as I also previously explained, I was happy to accept this given the importance to the Club of having a Board fully comprised of individuals with the Club’s best interests at heart and who are all approved by the Scottish FA. We finally have that, and my colleagues on the Board and I look forward to serving the Club in the years to come.

"I thank the Scottish FA for their diligence in this matter and now it is time to look ahead and map out Rangers’ future. However, I will elaborate on that in the coming days because there should be no distractions ahead of tomorrow night’s match at Ibrox.

"This first leg of the play-off semi-final is absolutely crucial. I will be going to the match and I urge as many Rangers fans as possible to buy the remaining tickets to ensure a packed Ibrox. Together we can help drive the team forward."

Dave King, May 19, 2015.

Edited by EddardStark

Dave King statement

"This first leg of the play-off semi-final is absolutely crucial. I will be going to the match and I urge as many Rangers fans as possible to buy the remaining tickets to ensure a packed Ibrox. Together we can help drive the team forward."

Dave King, May 19, 2015.

Nice of the SFA to announce this the day before the game, and give the rangers a wee boost, eh!

Renfrew what would you classify as not fit and proper out of interest? A convicted serial tax evader and fraudster? A proven glib and shamelesd liar in a court of law? A previous director of a liquidated club which left millions owed to dozens of creditors?

Just what would it take out of interest?

I'm being a devil's advocate in this case.

I don't set the rules, that's done by the SFA, who are in effect just the clubs.

So if they take legal advice from the UK and SA and still say he's fit, what else are we to think?

If the SFA made the decision on their own I'd be very worried but they have consulted with what seem like relevant people. Are you more qualified than they are to judge?

Just to be really clear I have severe reservations about Dave King but I don't have all the facts. The SFA supposedly do.

what parts wrong?

evidence?what I,ve cited is common knowledge

Was he done for dodgy tax dealings?did he sit on the board during whites tenure?could he get a NOMAD?

Common knowledge = Not verified facts.

Your simple statements above are not quite the same as your previous assertions. Also they are simple statements which do not cover all of the actual facts.

I'm no King fan but I also cant stand the lax assumptions on here that just because Kings a dobber and you don't like that proves he's crooked. It doesn't.

Common knowledge = Not verified facts.

It's a verified fact that King:

- Has been convicted of numerous tax offences in SA

- Was on the previous board while Whyte was in charge of the club. And was criticised by an SFA report for failing to do more to stop Whyte/Raise the alarm

Both of the above would be flagged up under the SFA's guidelines of things that could prevent someone being declared "Fit and Proper". We dont know what evidence was submitted in King's defence, however i don't really see what "evidence" he could submit to refute either of these charges.

I suspect the SFA have taken the decision based on the court of public opinion, rather than going by their own guidelines. I'm just glad that it's not my club that King is involved in.

I do see that his latest statements are that his investment was dependent on being declared F&A by the SFA. Which exposes some of his previous ramblings as lies. Although that's only to be expected from a proven liar. Good luck to the RFC fans, they've taken a massive risk in backing someone with such a dodgy past. If it all goes tits up, this time it will be them to blame.

I've had a chance to read everything to do with this but where has the above been stated?

http://sport.stv.tv/football/1321018-dave-king-rangers-investment-was-dependent-on-fit-and-proper-approval/

"One of the things I said at the previous meeting when I was here six to eight weeks ago was that investment, my ongoing investment, depended on me getting through fit and proper, King told STV.

"Now it's been cleared, I am now in a position to proceed. So I'd expect that to happen quite quickly [investing money]."

Pressed to confirm whether his investment was dependent on fit and proper status being granted, King said: "Yes, yes. I always made it clear that if I had no long term future with the club, my investment was linked to that.

Most worryingly, he seems to think everyone else has forgotten what he said previously.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/1321018-dave-king-rangers-investment-was-dependent-on-fit-and-proper-approval/

"One of the things I said at the previous meeting when I was here six to eight weeks ago was that investment, my ongoing investment, depended on me getting through fit and proper, King told STV.

"Now it's been cleared, I am now in a position to proceed. So I'd expect that to happen quite quickly [investing money]."

Pressed to confirm whether his investment was dependent on fit and proper status being granted, King said: "Yes, yes. I always made it clear that if I had no long term future with the club, my investment was linked to that.

Most worryingly, he seems to think everyone else has forgotten what he said previously.

Yes Parky but he is after all a glib and shameless liar.

I'm being a devil's advocate in this case.

I don't set the rules, that's done by the SFA, who are in effect just the clubs.

So if they take legal advice from the UK and SA and still say he's fit, what else are we to think?

If the SFA made the decision on their own I'd be very worried but they have consulted with what seem like relevant people. Are you more qualified than they are to judge?

Just to be really clear I have severe reservations about Dave King but I don't have all the facts. The SFA supposedly do.

aye thats fair enough Renfrew - but the SFA really are a standing joke and this decision is in keeping with their reputation and general decision making regarding our national game. put it this way - if King is fit and proper - who isnt?

But to be honest the decision has been made so lets just see what King does from here i guess. will he pay ashley off? will he invest the 10's of millions he says the club needs? will he just try and fleece the fans again? will he put his money where his mouth has been? interesting times ahead.

I think the big issue here is that whatever he is, he is not free and easy with his cash. will he chuck his personal fortune at it knowing that a huge percentage of it is going to ashley and green etc? my hunch is no. he will expect the fans to cover that and as always I am afraid the supporters will follow follow.

I'm delighted King got cleared.

He'll make same mistakes previous boards have in the past. Like the one he was on.

eh? I thought he was fit and proper ? according to the SFA he is.

Edited by ShedTA

Aye fair enough. That is a worrying sign.

Just read this :

" On paper, King did not pass on two separate criteria – his involvement with Whyte and his long-running issues with the tax man."

" But the SFA board used discretionary power to approve him after gathering mitigating evidence from a list of sources. The rule states: “The board must be satisfied that any such person is fit and proper to hold such a position within association football.

“The board hereby reserves its 
discretion as to whether or not such a person is fit and proper, as aforesaid, after due consideration of all relevant facts which the board has in its 
possession and knowledge.”

:lol::lol::lol:

So basically had King not got the ok (never in any doubt with these cockroaches running the Scottish game) he would have left RFC in the lurch and deeply donald ducked having ousted Ashley's boys and rubbed him up the wrong way, de-listed from the AIM, no auditor, making substantial monthly losses and with no loan facility at any bank...

So pretty much RFC's (2012) existence rested on the SFA breaking the rules to approve him. Did people know they were playing for lives getting King approved? Yeah I am almost certain had he mentioned that before someone would have noticed. Glib and shameless liar.

Actually just about to graduate with a first in Economics from a Russell Group university but keep believing that anyone who disagrees with the SNP is an idiot. I generally find the opposite is true more than the other way around.

I've got an honours degree in Electrical Engineering from a Russell Group Uni and I'm a complete ####wit, therefore your point, if you ever had one, is invalid.

I've never known a more incompetent and corrupt outfit than the SFA. They make FIFA seem like the Women's Guild.

It's a pity they can't be made to stand as guarantor to all the companies that are inevitably going to shafted by King.