Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 321 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

http://youtu.be/pBRnjBw8NEw

Spiers does have history of being economical with the truth when it comes to Rangers.

I'd forgotten about this one.

I knew he was caught out before but couldn't remember any of the details.

So I'd be interested in your opinion now Stocky. Do you still believe him when he's lied before? After all, his honesty was the basis of your argument. Well one of them anyway.

I did.

As requested.

The strange thing is that 8 people (so far) found it logical enough to express an opinion.

It is logical if the choices were telling the truth or lying like the question states. It is you who has made an utter arse out of it by making it yes or no. How stupid was that.

People can understand it despite you deliberately trying to make it confusing. Not a rangers fan are you by any chance.

Edited by thplinth

It is logical if the choices were telling the truth or lying like the question states. It is you who has made an utter arse out of it by making it yes or no. How stupid was that.

People can understand it despite you deliberately trying to make it confusing. Not a rangers fan are you by any chance.

No, he's just someone who has (successfully) been trolling you since the EK Celt "cancel my account" thread. And you seemingly can't see it.

No, he's just someone who has (successfully) been trolling you since the EK Celt "cancel my account" thread. And you seemingly can't see it.

When it is the admin of the site you can't exactly tell them to off now can you. I notice when it was your mate being 'trolled' by them it was 'bullying'. :wink2:

Not like you to dive in when yer the last man sir......

Not like you to dive in when yer the last man sir......

Not quite sure what that means... I just object to the accusations of bad english. If admin4 wants to act the comic that is ok with me but I never requested that poll it was their own doing to write it like that. And for the record I thought the way he treated EK Celt was pretty shit. Just using their position to target folk they don't like.

edit: and i defended him against the accusations of bullying at the time. I was wrong. :wink2:

Edited by thplinth

Not quite sure what that means... I just object to the accusations of bad english. If admin4 wants to act the comic that is ok with me but I never requested that poll it was their own doing to write it like that. And for the record I thought the way he treated EK Celt was pretty shit. Just using their position to target folk they don't like.

edit: and i defended him against the accusations of bullying at the time. I was wrong. :wink2:

I thought it was pretty obviously he/she was at the wind up.

And I know how you like a fitba' analogy. I'm obviously not very good at it :)

Naw i think it was little snide. Answering someone who told them it was confusing saying it was added "as requested by me". And then quoting neil r and my post together trying to make out it was me. I asked politely to have it changed to see what the response would be but I knew they were at it. The way they acted with EK Celt was way beyond trolling.

Fair play I see the way it is now.

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"

Is what comes to mind when looking at this situation. The question was supplied then the answers supplied to the best of their ability. Now of course it was "trolling"

Fits right into her agenda of victimhood, MOPE etc.

I'm only going on what the national Union of Journalism states but what would be her agenda? She was a victim, you imply it was a ploy. Yet the courts never ruled in that way. They ruled in her favour. So it seems you don't think the charges were appropriate and she is essentially hamming it up to better serve her agenda?

"David Limond, who referred to journalist Angela Haggerty, a reporter in Glasgow, as “Taig of the day” and “scum of the day” and encouraged listeners to abuse her on Twitter, was sentenced to six months in prison at Ayr Sheriff Court."

Is she enlisting the courts to help her with her agenda? Limond, 41, was found guilty of religiously aggravated breach of the peace.

Partisans talking uninformed pish once again. Who would have though it.

https://www.nuj.org.uk/news/taig-taunt-abuser-of-reporter-sentenced-to-six-months-as-nuj/

I think the late goal on Sat will be the most important goal for Rangers this season,.

I thought they would drop points v Falkirk, and that would give Hibs encouragement and hope, however, even if Rangers lose at Easter Road, i now think the League will be theirs,

Rangers had two difficult games last week and got 6 points. well done.

I think the late goal on Sat will be the most important goal for Rangers this season,.

I thought they would drop points v Falkirk, and that would give Hibs encouragement and hope, however, even if Rangers lose at Easter Road, i now think the League will be theirs,

Rangers had two difficult games last week and got 6 points. well done.

Lucky to get away with 3 points yesterday tbh. Delighted with it though.

[quote name="phart" post="272692" timestamp="1454248764

"David Limond, who referred to journalist Angela Haggerty, a reporter in Glasgow, as “Taig of the day” and “scum of the day” and encouraged listeners to abuse her on Twitter, was sentenced to six months in prison at Ayr Sheriff Court." Is she enlisting the courts to help her with her agenda? Limond, 41, was found guilty of religiously aggravated breach of the peace.

Partisans talking uninformed pish once again. Who would have though it."

Hope you don't think that I'd support that sort of bigoted rubbish or abuse of anyone on Twitter and I'm not sure what Limonds moronic comments have got to do with my observation.

It took five months from the date of the meeting for Spiers to bring his accusation against a Rangers director to print. I find that really strange.

I wasn't aware of the time delay. Makes it even weirder than it was before.

What reason could there be for delaying such an explosive story?

Surely any good journalist would have been on to that like a rat up a drainpipe?

I wasn't aware of the time delay. Makes it even weirder than it was before.

What reason could there be for delaying such an explosive story?

Surely any good journalist would have been on to that like a rat up a drainpipe?

It's hardly earth shattering news though. Is it?

As I said earlier, I'd be amazed if there wasn't a director at ibrox that liked the song! Whether they'd be daft enough to tell that to a journo is another matter.

It's hardly earth shattering news though. Is it?

As I said earlier, I'd be amazed if there wasn't a director at ibrox that liked the song! Whether they'd be daft enough to tell that to a journo is another matter.

You're right its not earth shattering. It just undermines Speirs side of the story ever so slightly.

Examine the dates. I can't remember who was on the board in August last year as I think there have been a couple of changes? I'm sure someone can enlighten us.

I also find your assertion that you'd be amazed if any director didn't like the song. What's that based on?

Is it OK for me to say I'd be amazed if any of the Celtic directors wasn't an IRA sympathiser? It's just as baseless an assumption from what I can see.

Folk really need to take their partisan specs off and examine the evidence.

I'd say there's none right now and Speirs has been ridiculously stupid no matter what the Director said.

It took five months from the date of the meeting for Spiers to bring his accusation against a Rangers director to print. I find that really strange.

You're right its not earth shattering. It just undermines Speirs side of the story ever so slightly.

Examine the dates. I can't remember who was on the board in August last year as I think there have been a couple of changes? I'm sure someone can enlighten us.

I also find your assertion that you'd be amazed if any director didn't like the song. What's that based on?

Is it OK for me to say I'd be amazed if any of the Celtic directors wasn't an IRA sympathiser? It's just as baseless an assumption from what I can see.

I'd say there's none right now and Speirs has been ridiculously stupid no matter what the Director said.

did it not just become more relevant recently given the antics at the recent Rangers v Hibs game? was that not the target of Spiers' article?

You don't need to be an IRA sympathiser to like Irish rebel music.

The billy boys seems to have taken on some kind of mythical status as a hate song. As far as I am aware, it is a song with one word that is banned. That word is used in other Rangers songs but they don't seem to attract the same notoriety as the billy boys. Bit strange. If the banned word was substituted with Celtic, the song would be fine.

I agree it's not a stretch that Rangers directors would like the song. Most rangers fans like the song - i just wish the fans would drop the banned word and it would be fine!