Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 329 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

25 minutes ago, Larky Masher said:

Are we going back to this nonsense?

It's telling that the only response I've had to my post about foolish people perpetuating the same new club myth has gone unanswered (apart from that nice Motherwell fan). This is ingrained in their blinkered wee heads and regardless of the facts, their minds cannot be changed. It's presumably a lack of intellect which renders them incapable of making logical decisions; either that or sheer pigheadedness.

They ought to be pitied, really.

2 hours ago, Lamia said:

Any chance of them going tits up again before next season? :huh:

Running scared already Lamesy-babes? That comical record of you never having won at Ibrox since Hibs won the cup (almost) must be really grating. One can only imagine the permarage when your beloved McInnes gets the next Rangers gig once Warburton has departed. :)

6 minutes ago, thewolf_1980 said:

Running scared already Lamesy-babes? That comical record of you never having won at Ibrox since Hibs won the cup (almost) must be really grating. One can only imagine the permarage when your beloved McInnes gets the next Rangers gig once Warburton has departed. :)

:P

3 hours ago, alba buddy said:

rangers fc founded 1872 went into liquidation

the meaning of liquidation: the process by which a company is brought to an end

therefor your history died with the club

Imagine if that was how the process actually worked. It would certainly end all this nonsense. 

16 hours ago, alba buddy said:

rangers fc founded 1872 went into liquidation

the meaning of liquidation: the process by which a company is brought to an end

therefor your history died with the club

The company that went into liquidation was founded in 1899, 27 years after the football club...

14 hours ago, thewolf_1980 said:

It's presumably a lack of intellect which renders them incapable of making logical decisions; either that or sheer pigheadedness.

They ought to be pitied, really.

Takes one to know one, i guess: 

14 hours ago, thewolf_1980 said:

Running scared already Lamesy-babes? One can only imagine the permarage when your beloved McInnes gets the next Rangers gig once Warburton has departed. :)

;) 

29 minutes ago, theweestevie said:

The company that went into liquidation was founded in 1899, 27 years after the football club...

The football Club metamorphosed from a club to a company for monetary reasons in 1899, that is what the process described as incorporation does. Changes a club into a company. It didn't create two entities (one a club and one a company) that ran parallel to each other for 100 odd years, it's a process of transformation not replication.

Regardless of what the law says it's pretty obvious in actual practice most people view it as the same entity. Just look at folks actions and attitude. However if one is seeking amusement/reaction then stating it isn't the same club is the best scenario cause it's like shooting fish in a barrel.

7 minutes ago, phart said:

The football Club metamorphosed from a club to a company for monetary reasons in 1899, that is what the process described as incorporation does. Changes a club into a company. It didn't create two entities (one a club and one a company) that ran parallel to each other for 100 odd years, it's a process of transformation not replication.

Regardless of what the law says it's pretty obvious in actual practice most people view it as the same entity. Just look at folks actions and attitude. However if one is seeking amusement/reaction then stating it isn't the same club is the best scenario cause it's like shooting fish in a barrel.

Works both ways :)

3 hours ago, phart said:

I've said something similar before.  It matters not a jot what other folk believe. If I think it's the same club then, to me, it's the same club. Other folks opinion mean the sum total of heehaw to me on this.

hi tam and exglasgow. What I meant was we are Scotland and this wee country needs to stop hating each other for sake of club football. That's pish. You and I have met on Scotland trips. Maybe I am being a romantasist (if that's how u spel it). Just wish we could all be pals. Big Pete from the cairngorm would knock her heids together. Anyway been married, now divorced and going back to the games. Be good to meet up again. Jaws is nae chief at all lol. (sorry jaws?) I don't care what anyone says, we are great fans and always respect other countries. That's what we do. Ally MacLeod forever. Ask tartan army a question. Who was ally's assistant at Argentina? Captain of Armadale and managed hearts. He came through to our sons of Wallace occasions and he was one of the finest gentlemen I have ever met.

51 minutes ago, Parklife said:

RFC development team humped at home by the mighty AFC today. 

The end is nigh. 

And repayment of all tax on ebt's to be demanded in 3 years time. Some fairly high profile bankruptcies on the way. 

Super Barry might have an mbe but unfortunately he also had a hefty ebt.

Shame for the footballers who didn't understand what rangers were up to, or karma for the tax cheating f@ckers ?

11 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

And repayment of all tax on ebt's to be demanded in 3 years time. Some fairly high profile bankruptcies on the way. 

Shame for the footballers who didn't understand what rangers were up to, or karma for the tax cheating f@ckers ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-34118126

Heavy stuff, especially for footballers who didn't action it themselves just found out against bad business practices.

9 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

Where are you seeing this?

I'd be surprised as the government seem utterly inept when it comes to collecting tax.