Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 331 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, ShedTA said:

Childish stuff? Yet you're the one lumping all Rangers fans as "you lot"  and saying we just call folk names. Irony overload.

I did address you're point. We can't know as we aren't privy to the documents but I doubt the club will indemnify the players. Nothing like this was down as a liability as far as I know.

Happy to be corrected if I've missed anything. 

Edited by RenfrewBlue

14 hours ago, Stu101 said:

Correct- it would be a claim against oldco- unless for some odd reason the liabilities were taken on by newco (Which would be pretty much insane, and defeat the main purpose of liquidation). No idea where the players would rank in terms of creditors though, if these clauses exist.

Not a football debt?

Was paying all football debt not part of the 5 way agreement 

19 minutes ago, Langtonian said:

Not a football debt?

Was paying all football debt not part of the 5 way agreement 

Not sure. never read the five way agreement, so potentially it could be.

However not sure it would ever get to that stage - if EBT are now held illegal under UK law, then my understanding is that you cant indemnify against an illegality (sort of along the same lines as why Charles Green failed in his claim to have his cost covered last month).

So any indemnification would fall and players probably stuffed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Mike Ashley has abandoned his case against the SFA's ruling on Dave King being fit and proper. 

Looks like he'll end up paying the costs too.

Not having much luck in the courts is Fat Mike?

Now asking for the details provided by King in the FaPPT test to be made public. Which is pretty ironic as he has used the law to prevent his commercial deal with Rangers from being exposed.

On 4/18/2016 at 4:09 PM, Larky Masher said:

But still they, like Napoli before them are same club http://parmacalcio1913.com/history?lang=en

Parma Calcio 1913 (Società Sportiva Dilettantistica) reflects the rich heritage of a long line of major football clubs that have represented our city and our region for over a century on the football pitches of Italy and Europe, from provincial countrysides to metropolitan cities.

Operative word highlighted.  Plural.

Rangers International are also part of a line of major football clubs, no argument.

4 hours ago, EddardStark said:

Now asking for the details provided by King in the FaPPT test to be made public. Which is pretty ironic as he has used the law to prevent his commercial deal with Rangers from being exposed.

I don't think mash holdings is a public body, unlike the SFA. 

3 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Rangers and King in particular seem to have got under Ashley's skin, which is quite pleasing.

(No idea why I've quoted Blackpool 78 above as didn't mean to).

They do indeed and so far king has won his battles. The footballing side is looking up as well which can only be good for the fans. However i maintain, as you know, i don't think king is good for the club in the long term - but only time will tell.

Things can change quickly as witnessed by the stewardship of my club.

25 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

They do indeed and so far king has won his battles. The footballing side is looking up as well which can only be good for the fans. However i maintain, as you know, i don't think king is good for the club in the long term - but only time will tell.

Things can change quickly as witnessed by the stewardship of my club.

Warchests aside we have nothing to complain about regarding his stewardship so far.  He's brought in an exciting manager, we're playing some of the best football I've seen at Ibrox for years (and years) and off the pitch we seem to be getting back on an even keel with the operating loss reducing significantly with each set of accounts released.  He's also had the balls to stand up to Ashley and try and free us from all of these ridiculous contracts the previous regime tied us in to and revert some much needed revenue back to Rangers.   He may not be good long term but so far he's done nothing to suggest he'll be anything other than a success.

14 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Warchests aside we have nothing to complain about regarding his stewardship so far.  He's brought in an exciting manager, we're playing some of the best football I've seen at Ibrox for years (and years) and off the pitch we seem to be getting back on an even keel with the operating loss reducing significantly with each set of accounts released.  He's also had the balls to stand up to Ashley and try and free us from all of these ridiculous contracts the previous regime tied us in to and revert some much needed revenue back to Rangers.   He may not be good long term but so far he's done nothing to suggest he'll be anything other than a success.

You could be right FB. Key is reducing the operating loss. Otherwise you'll end up like us having to sell your best players to survive.

14 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

You could be right FB. Key is reducing the operating loss. Otherwise you'll end up like us having to sell your best players to survive.

I'd imagine we'll still need to do that anyway.  It's what's made Celtic as profitable as they are and a good model to follow.  The key is having a good scouting infrastructure that can identify cost effective replacements with future sell on potential.

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

I'd imagine we'll still need to do that anyway.  It's what's made Celtic as profitable as they are and a good model to follow.  The key is having a good scouting infrastructure that can identify cost effective replacements with future sell on potential.

And a chairman who won't sell you down the river when he sees the £ signs.

2 hours ago, adamntg said:

Parma Calcio 1913 (Società Sportiva Dilettantistica) reflects the rich heritage of a long line of major football clubs that have represented our city and our region for over a century on the football pitches of Italy and Europe, from provincial countrysides to metropolitan cities.

Operative word highlighted.  Plural.

Rangers International are also part of a line of major football clubs, no argument.

In the region there is also Bologna, Piacenza, Modena which have clubs that have represented the region, you're lack of awareness of this isn't a surprise. In addition the club was originally Verdi Foot Ball Club and then Parma Foot Ball Club

Edited by Larky Masher

1 hour ago, Larky Masher said:

In the region there is also Bologna, Piacenza, Modena which have clubs that have represented the region, you're lack of awareness of this isn't a surprise. In addition the club was originally Verdi Foot Ball Club and then Parma Foot Ball Club

It's not the way I read it, but you bash on.

If you think their history page is talking about Bologna, Modena etc, who am I to disabuse you?   Although, oddly, it goes on to mention Verdi FC (July - September 1913) who were then followed by a "new club" called Parma FC - but it makes no mention of the other clubs you're talking about.  Odd.

Edited by adamntg

28 minutes ago, adamntg said:

It's not the way I read it, but you bash on.

If you think their history page is talking about Bologna, Modena etc, who am I to disabuse you?   Although, oddly, it goes on to mention Verdi FC (July - September 1913) who were then followed by a "new club" called Parma FC - but it makes no mention of the other clubs you're talking about.  Odd.

The statement reads "  reflects the rich heritage of a long line of major football clubs that have represented our city and our region for over a century on the football pitches of Italy and Europe, from provincial countrysides to metropolitan cities" i.e. clubs from the region. Odd you can't see that.

As I'm sure I've said plenty of times before, Rangers International (please note I'm not being insulting or disparaging and calling them "Sevco") are clearly the legitimate heirs and successors to the Rangers Football Club that was liquidated in 2012.  Same ground, same fans, same culture, same same same.  Same.

14 hours ago, deecie said:

Surely the question " Was Speirs talking the truth or lying " can only be answered 'Yes'. It's just not possible for him to have been doing neither of them.

This must be your first time in this thread!