Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 98 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

Phil The Gob is saying there is an off the book debt from the Green era.

But what about that Green era IPO and the prospectus that never mentioned it I hear you ask.

Publication of information in relation to the issue of securities in the United Kingdom is governed by the Prospectus Rules, which implement the European law Prospectus Directive. A prospectus must be published where certain types of securities either are offered to the public or are requested for admission on a regulated market. In the United Kingdom, the only regulated market is London Stock Exchange full list. The Alternative Investment Market (AIM) does not constitute a regulated market, nor does the Professional Securities Market ("PSM") for issues of debt securities.

Surprising. So does this mean you can basically just publish a pile of shite in your prospectus and face no legal recourse. Or maybe it is down to the investors (i.e. Eddard) to sue (who I am not sure but someone)?

Dear oh dear, such a knotted mess now, with so much infighting and intrigue. It is like a real life Brazilian soap opera, it is tawdry and more than a bit seedy but compulsive viewing. The only thing missing at this point is a mysterious death...(not the club, done that).

But what about that Green era IPO and the prospectus that never mentioned it I hear you ask.

Publication of information in relation to the issue of securities in the United Kingdom is governed by the Prospectus Rules, which implement the European law Prospectus Directive. A prospectus must be published where certain types of securities either are offered to the public or are requested for admission on a regulated market. In the United Kingdom, the only regulated market is London Stock Exchange full list. The Alternative Investment Market (AIM) does not constitute a regulated market, nor does the Professional Securities Market ("PSM") for issues of debt securities.

Surprising. So does this mean you can basically just publish a pile of shite in your prospectus and face no legal recourse. Or maybe it is down to the investors (i.e. Eddard) to sue (who I am not sure but someone)?

Dear oh dear, such a knotted mess now, with so much infighting and intrigue. It is like a real life Brazilian soap opera, it is tawdry and more than a bit seedy but compulsive viewing. The only thing missing at this point is a mysterious death...(not the club, done that).

The King of Wikipedia strikes again.

Only the LSE Main Market is fully regulated by the UK Listing Authority with detailed Listing Rules, Disclosure and Transparency Rules, Prospectus Rules etc.

AIM is an exchange regulated market. Each company on AIM is required to maintain a Nominated Advisor (Cenkos then Daniel Stewart and now someone else in RIFC's case IIRC). The NOMAD is authorised by the exchange and in addition to advising and guiding the company on complying with its responsibilities under the AIM rules the NOMAD is effectively the regulator for the company's compliance.

A simple placing of shares on AIM only requires an Admission Document. In RIFC's case they opted for a prospectus (under the Prospectus Rules), which facilitates issuing debt securities as well. Like all other prospectuses under the Prospectus Rules, it was submitted to the FSA (as was) for approval.

That does not relieve the company and its directors of the responsibility for the information contained in the document. The boilerplate text on the Prospectus will contain something like "To the best of the knowledge and belief of the Directors and the Company (who have taken all reasonable care to ensure that such is the case), the information contained in this document is in accordance with the facts and does not omit anything likely to affect the import of such information."

AIM could suspend and ultimately expell RIFC for failing to comply with the rules (and the relevant NOMADs could have their authorisation removed) but yes, it would be mainly up to the shareholders to pursue the company and directors.

some puff piece sounds like it could be straight from the Daily Mash:

http://www.winnersports.co.uk/rangers-fc-ibrox-stadium-naming-rights-unofficially-on-the-market-39295

"With the financial troubles plaguing Scottish football and the mobile gaming company bullishly proclaiming; “We are interested in stadium naming rights, shirt sponsorship deals and football league rights packages.”"

Well, they're plaguing Rangers. Everyone else seems to be thriving.

"With the financial troubles plaguing Scottish football and the mobile gaming company bullishly proclaiming; “We are interested in stadium naming rights, shirt sponsorship deals and football league rights packages.”"

Well, they're plaguing Rangers. Everyone else seems to be thriving.

yeh its bizarre, our club and most other scot premiership clubs have not been in such good financial shape for a long time. and yet we are told we are plagued by financial troubles. I am actually quite loving our current finacial troubles.

The bnp stadium has a nice ring !

Ibrox will always be Ibrox, (They can sell the naming rights all they want, but it will always be Ibrox, much in the same way the Westfalenstadion is not known as Signal Iduna Park, but as the Westfalenstadion)

Edited by Grumpyauldgit

Ibrox will always be Ibrox, (They can sell the naming rights all they want, but it will always be Ibrox, much in the same way the Westfalenstadion is not known as Signal Iduna Park, but as the Westfalenstadion)

Every now and again someone trots out the shyberry excelsior stadium even though it has been renamed and is owned by a separate company.

If you get a new name, your ugly sisters and lazy journos looking for a reaction will never let you forget it.

Every now and again someone trots out the shyberry excelsior stadium even though it has been renamed and is owned by a separate company.

If you get a new name, your ugly sisters and lazy journos looking for a reaction will never let you forget it.

I know what you mean, and I know fine and well, that fans of other teams will refer to Ibrox, as what ever it get's renamed, in yet another attempt to wind up my fellow Rangers fans, but deep down they will know it is still Ibrox, and as for the Journo's, who really gives a feck, what Keith "The Plagiarist" Jackson, and rest of his ilk think.