Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 339 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

You can believe me eddard but I wouldn't believe Phil. That mad b*stard told everyone rangers were going to go bust back in 2011 with debts of millions. Cos they had been spending money they didn't have for years!

Crazy mad f*cker.

Edited by ShedTA

12 hours ago, ShedTA said:

You can believe me eddard but I wouldn't believe Phil. That mad b*stard told everyone rangers were going to go bust back in 2011 with debts of millions. Cos they had been spending money they didn't have for years!

Crazy mad f*cker.

And he's got feck all right since.

Did you see the piece he put out where he claimed that Warburton phoned him to tell him how unhappy he was at Ibrox and wanted out or some such nonsense.  I won't deny that the guy seemed to be on the ball half a decade ago but he has become a parody of himself now and just churns out lie after lie on a continual basis.  His obsession (and it is a genuine obsession in this case) is very, very unhealthy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How times have changed, I had to look to the 2nd page to find this thread!

Anyway, Rangers have started legal proceedings against Green, Ahmed, Stockbridge, Llambada and Ashley over the deal for the naming rights for the stadium and advertising space at Ibrox.  Hoping to recover £4.1M.

Just now, Fairbairn said:

How times have changed, I had to look to the 2nd page to find this thread!

Anyway, Rangers have started legal proceedings against Green, Ahmed, Stockbridge, Llambada and Ashley over the deal for the naming rights for the stadium and advertising space at Ibrox.  Hoping to recover £4.1M.

Brave move and an expensive one to lose, but they've done will in the courts against Ashley to date so maybe a good chance of success.

10 hours ago, ShedTA said:

Brave move and an expensive one to lose, but they've done will in the courts against Ashley to date so maybe a good chance of success.

They've done well against Ashley but not so much against the others. I'm not so sure about this.  However if the end game is to rip up the commercial deal the it would be worth it!

9 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

They've done well against Ashley but not so much against the others. I'm not so sure about this.  However if the end game is to rip up the commercial deal the it would be worth it!

All part of the game. I personally think there will be a shake hands( more likely a two fingered salute) and Rangers and Ashley will go their separate ways.

1 hour ago, EddardStark said:

All part of the game. I personally think there will be a shake hands( more likely a two fingered salute) and Rangers and Ashley will go their separate ways.

I really don't think there's a snowball's chance in hell of an amicable parting of the ways.

This should be a relatively inexpensive move to potentially generate a large return. Knowing how contracts are set up, I suspect it's unlikely to succeed but it's another irritant to Ashley which is part of the long-game we are trying to achieve.

Sheddy - it would only be an "expensive one to lose" if there was somehow a counter-suing, which seems unlikely. Worst case scenario, RFC would require to cover legal expenses which would likely amount to a smallish 5-figure sum.

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

As funny as it is, Aberdeen should rise above this playground stuff. We're better and classier than Rangers in every single way, let's not race down to their level at the bottom of the sewer. 

25 minutes ago, Parklife said:

As funny as it is, Aberdeen should rise above this playground stuff. We're better and classier than Rangers in every single way, let's not race down to their level at the bottom of the sewer. 

Classy comment as usual.  Hows the recession getting on in your part of the world?  See a report this morning saying uk economy booming.  I thought 'canny be'.  Parklife predicted armageddon after brexit :o

49 minutes ago, Fermer said:

No bother sir.  My sewer has wifi as you can see x

I said "Rangers", as in the football club. It appears what you have actually read is "every single Rangers fan". 

Poor you. Desperate to be pretend to be insulted, when no insult was made to you. 

2 hours ago, Fermer said:

Classy comment as usual.  Hows the recession getting on in your part of the world?  See a report this morning saying uk economy booming.  I thought 'canny be'.  Parklife predicted armageddon after brexit :o

totally off topic your post but I just thought I would point out that, unless I missed it, brexit hasn't happened has it??