Just Finished Breaking Bad Season 5 - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Just Finished Breaking Bad Season 5

3 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Ahem , not all wummin enjoy all that Towie pish. I am proud to say i havent as much as purchased a Hello magazine in all my 52 years. 

I rate the Sopranos and Breaking Bad as the best series' i have watched. Yes, Breaking Bad is a little far fetched however it is  after all supposed to be entertainment .  I can only recall 2 things i disliked about about. The episode about the Fly ( wtf was that all about) and the White's family home.  I found it so dark and dreary ( that i do concede is a pretty wumminy  thing to say ....) , i found it more depressing than the junkies . 

Watched Better Call Saul immediately after finishing BB and given Saul  was my favourite character was quite disappointed in it. However i stuck with it and agree with other posters that it definitely improves. The second series introduces more of the  BB characters and is becoming an interesting prequel. Agree about Mike.

Haha my point was aimed more at her logic but good on you anyway. 

Agree about BB, the story line was a bit daft but the characters made it worth watching, for me anyway. 

You should give The Wire a go. 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of my TV is about a gang of talking dogs that have formed their own emergency services lead by a wee boy of about 10 that lives himself in a futuristic tower and cuts about town on a quad bike.

So Breaking Bad is like reality TV in comparison.

:lol:

22 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

And Skylar and Marie are battling it out with Kim Bauer and AJ Soprano for the most annoying character ever on TV!!!

Skylar would still get it but. 

22 hours ago, Angus_Young said:

Agree regards BCS.  I watched the first 3 Episodes when it first aired and lost interest. Watched the rest of them up to date, a couple of weeks back and it defenitely picks up.

Very likeable character, as is Mike.

With you there.  Mike is a revelation in BCS.

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

Most of my TV is about a gang of talking dogs that have formed their own emergency services lead by a wee boy of about 10 that lives himself in a futuristic tower and cuts about town on a quad bike.

That sounds tremendous!!

3 hours ago, Angus_Young said:

Haha my point was aimed more at her logic but good on you anyway. 

Agree about BB, the story line was a bit daft but the characters made it worth watching, for me anyway. 

You should give The Wire a go. 

Haha , I was actually aware what you were getting at , but being a woman I couldn't  resist  having a moan about a guy having a moan about women ! ? 

Will def give The Wire a go, if I ever get through 7 series of Sons of  Anarchy that is.  Jury is still out on that, few episodes in and am pretty indifferent to it. 

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

Haha , I was actually aware what you were getting at , but being a woman I couldn't  resist  having a moan about a guy having a moan about women ! ? 

Will def give The Wire a go, if I ever get through 7 series of Sons of  Anarchy that is.  Jury is still out on that, few episodes in and am pretty indifferent to it. 

Ha don't be too hard on me, anonymously on the Internet is the only place we can do it. We are shitebags that way as I'm sure you know. 

I watched the first episode of SOA. It was decent and looks a good cast but I've never went back to it. I've just started The Walking Dead,  so doubt it will happen any time soon. 

1 hour ago, Angus_Young said:

Ha don't be too hard on me, anonymously on the Internet is the only place we can do it. We are shitebags that way as I'm sure you know. 

I watched the first episode of SOA. It was decent and looks a good cast but I've never went back to it. I've just started The Walking Dead,  so doubt it will happen any time soon. 

The Walking Dead. I have not seen it but kinda feel your other half may have a valid reason for finding THAT particular programme far fetched ☺️

39 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

The Walking Dead. I have not seen it but kinda feel your other half may have a valid reason for finding THAT particular programme far fetched ☺️

Funnily enough she managed the first two minutes. Then a wee lassie zombie was shot in the face. 'get yourself tae f.....' I was told :)

7 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Quality show. I actually get a proper buzz when he's picked the two dogs for that week's episode and they shoot down the wee slide with the "go go go go go" music blaring. Top notch. 

Long gone are the days of binging on The Wire 

1 hour ago, Dillinger said:

Quality show. I actually get a proper buzz when he's picked the two dogs for that week's episode and they shoot down the wee slide with the "go go go go go" music blaring. Top notch. 

Long gone are the days of binging on The Wire 

I do have to question where Ryder's parents are though.

That bit with the Go Go Go! Music is quite catchy!

9 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Paw Patrol..  I feel your pain  

Its combined with a  couple of friends who are a starfish and a sponge....

Mike Ehrmentraut is absolutely brilliant in BCS.  I saw on Twitter  (not watched this weeks yet) but Hank Schrader was introduced.  

I am guessing we will see Gus Fring later in the series, or possible the start of Series 3.  

On 1/3/2015 at 8:09 AM, Parklife said:

Spot-fecking-on!

That pishes me off too.

On 5/4/2016 at 4:28 PM, Parklife said:

(yes, series, not "season" as we're not fvcking American) 

On 6/4/2016 at 8:10 AM, Parklife said:

Maybe better to just accept that not everyone will like the same things as you, rather than try and psychoanalyse someone based on what TV shows they like :lol:  

It's 'TV programmes', not 'shows'. We're not fvcking American. :P

On 6/4/2016 at 1:00 PM, sbcmfc said:

At least you've been spared the horrors of Peppa Pig.

On 8/4/2016 at 7:37 AM, Dillinger said:

as for that mayor, the thick cu.nt deserves her jotters!

Watching Paw Patrol now. You're right about the mayor. Useless. She got elected saying she'd clean up the town - "No jobby's too big, no poop is too small".

The place is still covered in dugshite!

On 8 April 2016 at 11:19 AM, Debian said:

Mike Ehrmentraut is absolutely brilliant in BCS.  I saw on Twitter  (not watched this weeks yet) but Hank Schrader was introduced.  

I am guessing we will see Gus Fring later in the series, or possible the start of Series 3.  

Mike is the best thing about BCS for me. Hank tweeted that him and Gomez were visiting the set but didn't say they were gonna be in show. 

20 hours ago, Only One Stop said:

Mike is the best thing about BCS for me. Hank tweeted that him and Gomez were visiting the set but didn't say they were gonna be in show. 

Agree. Mike is one of my favourite TV characters from any programme I've watched. I'm really enjoying BCS now. It took a while.

I enjoyed BB but feel it was a bit overrated. 

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

So, when does the last series get good and stop just being Skyler moping about with a face like a skelped arse?

stick with it FB - the ending is how you should end a long series. it starts to speed up and finishes very well indeed.

BTW the episode with the Mexican villagers all crawling along the ground heading in the same direction - was that ever explained? I assume its representing a cult of sorts? but thought it would be clarified at some point.

2 hours ago, ShedTA said:

BTW the episode with the Mexican villagers all crawling along the ground heading in the same direction - was that ever explained? I assume its representing a cult of sorts? but thought it would be clarified at some point.

I've not seen an explanation as yet but I assumed it was some form of grovelling to a deity so they could get whatever they were asking for.