Islam Feruz - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Islam Feruz

John_B81

The so-called next best thing being sent back to Chelsea having only made two appearances for Championship whipping-boys Blackpool. (http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/blackpool-fc/feruz-set-for-early-chelsea-return-1-7129193)

Lee Clark: "It’s not about your background, it’s the way you perform in training and off the field which gives you a place in the team.”

Sounds like the same old story with this ungrateful little runt with an over-inflated ego.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't Lee Clark say the same about Scott Allen when he had him at Birmingham. Pretty sure Feruz isn't quite right but Lee Clark is a bellend of the highest order n'all.

Didn't Lee Clark say the same about Scott Allen when he had him at Birmingham. Pretty sure Feruz isn't quite right but Lee Clark is a bellend of the highest order n'all.

That is true. Blackpool are a joke of a club.

However, Feruz is going to waste his talent. I can see him being out the game in the next couple of years.

We keep blaming his attitude, but is he maybe just sh1te?

Nope.

Feruz is a really good player with bucket loads of potential, but has clearly got the wrong attitude and persona.

Time will tell but if that's the case, Jose won't be happy with the fact he's been pumped back from Blackpool.

Bolton are hoping to boost their chances of reaching the Championship play-offs by securing loan deals for Chelsea striker Islam Feruz, 19, and Crystal Palace defender Paddy McCarthy, 31. (Bolton News) (external)

Bolton are hoping to boost their chances of reaching the Championship play-offs by securing loan deals for Chelsea striker Islam Feruz, 19, and Crystal Palace defender Paddy McCarthy, 31. (Bolton News) (external)

Are you allowed to go on loan to three clubs in one season? Pretty sure you're not.

I saw Feruz play for Chelsea U21s (they dont have reserves any more) quite a few times at Aldershot Towns ground. I must say that I was highly unimpressed and a bit frustrated by his style of play and by his attitude. That old 'lazy striker' syndrome was utterly clear. In fact, I doubt that any of that development squad would ever make it to Chelseas first team. Obviously being the new next big thing, I was keeping an eye the ongoing development of this player. However, his obvious dislike of Scotland and disdain about playing for the full squad are very clearly stated and he prefers to follow an international career with Somalia or with Mozambique (both of whom he is qualified to play for). There is nothing Scottish about this player, he has no interest in Scotland and he fancies himself rotten without having any real ability I can see. I am not surprised that his loan periods at Crete and Blackpool were complete failures or that after being allowed to train with Cardiff City for a while they showed no interest to follow up with a purchase. I would just forget about Feruz and leave him to find his level which in my opinion will probably end up being English league 2 or even conference.

playing devils advocate before his original twitter got binned it was full of photos of him playing for scotland with quotes such "as scotland over england always" and "loving life but in the wrong city" with photos of glasgow. he also used to watch U21 games on the TV as he would be posting about the game, saying things such as "scot allan should have started for sure, some player" and he was bang on the money there ;-)

he played a lot of youth games for scotland up to U21, he doesnt have anything against scotland IMO he is just a daft wee boy still and obviously didnt enjoy going away with the recent scotland squads and as not a born and bred scot he doesnt have the same attachment to scotland as people who are do.

playing devils advocate before his original twitter got binned it was full of photos of him playing for scotland with quotes such "as scotland over england always" and "loving life but in the wrong city" with photos of glasgow. he also used to watch U21 games on the TV as he would be posting about the game, saying things such as "scot allan should have started for sure, some player" and he was bang on the money there ;-)

he played a lot of youth games for scotland up to U21, he doesnt have anything against scotland IMO he is just a daft wee boy still and obviously didnt enjoy going away with the recent scotland squads and as not a born and bred scot he doesnt have the same attachment to scotland as people who are do.

And he's still a teenager. Early days.

I guess only he can answer that but I would say that given his formative years were in Glasgow, I wouldn't say that not being a born and bred Scot would be as relevant as his general attitude.

Sadly, it looks like his being omitted from squads is nothing more sinister than him not being good enough and not developing as was originally hoped. Probably an element of him getting the arse because he thought he was better than he was at first and the management thinking you then.

by him?

Well rumours were afoot in newspapers about him turning his back on Scotland (no smoke without fire I say) and if I really felt miffed about false rumours I would have made sure I moved to scotch those rumours by making a public statement which he hasn't done (why?) or contacted those in the Scotland set-up (he may have done that) however the fact he is no longer named in squads kind of disproves he has been in touch with the SFA. The only other shred of evidence out there is not good for Feruz - chose a youth tournament in the Far East over an international call-up.