Public Service Broadcasting - The Race For Space - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Public Service Broadcasting - The Race For Space

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just downloaded 3 albums on deezer. Listening to War Rooms at the moment, it's ok. Not something I'd like to listen to at a gig though, does it get better?

Most of the highlights of the gig were from the Race for Space album. The compositions are noticeably more accomplished.

It certainly helps to experience the band with the accompanying visuals. The first album came out as a DVD version which might be a good way to appreciate PSB...

• 9 months later...

Maybe it's down to watching Buzz Aldrin on the telly the last couple of nights but I can't get this tune out of my head at the moment...

Decided to get tickets to see them at the ABC in May.

Smart way to not have to write lyrics. Picked a great piece of audio though.

Its been a while but saw PSB in Edinburgh on Monday night. Excellent gig, very enjoyable.

Good to hear. I was considering trying for a ticket at the last minute as it sold out months ago, but it then clashed with Bob Mould at the Liquid Rooms, plus I'd have needed to swap shifts. So I decided the best idea was to not bother going through to Edinburgh :-))

I will definitely try and see them next time they're in Glasgow.

• 6 months later...

Time flies. I see it is May since 'Tartanjon' last was active.  

To say this board has gone to the dogs does not do it justice. Lamia up till she disappeared B) was saying 'Nooooo it is just like it always was and these 'the tamb is dead' threads are regular.' Booom... tamb dead. 

Why?

I'll take facebook just to tick off the obvious.

13 hours ago, thplinth said:

Time flies. I see it is May since 'Tartanjon' last was active.  

To say this board has gone to the dogs does not do it justice. Lamia up till she disappeared B) was saying 'Nooooo it is just like it always was and these 'the tamb is dead' threads are regular.' Booom... tamb dead. 

Why?

I'll take facebook just to tick off the obvious.

The Anything Goes forum has certainly died a death since the board upgrade. There are topics on the front page that haven't moved for a fortnight, back in the day you'd have to bump a thread every few hours to keep it visible.

A shame as it was always a good talking shop. 

21 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Saw PSB again at Electric Fields last weekend.  They seem to be even tighter live now although there were no video screens which seemed a bit strange given the nature of the band ^?^

Great wee festival btw.

Was considering that and wish I had now, reviews have all been very good. Don't think Wickerman will come back so it sounds like it could be the successor down that neck of the woods.

19 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Was considering that and wish I had now, reviews have all been very good. Don't think Wickerman will come back so it sounds like it could be the successor down that neck of the woods.

I believe the Wickerman will be back next year, just taking a year off due to the death of one of the organisers.

Having experienced Electric Fields it'd be a shame if it got much bigger. It was just the right size of event for me, might even consider taking the kids in future...

• 5 months later...