Sunderland Fans Supporting Adam Johnston - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Sunderland Fans Supporting Adam Johnston

10 hours ago, Robroysboy said:

Looks like he may be going to jail ?

Will be interesting to see if any other club would ever sign him again.

im sure arsenal or chelsea kept graham rix's coaching job open for him while he was inside

too which he returned to after his incarceration

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, dan cake said:

im sure arsenal or chelsea kept graham rix's coaching job open for him while he was inside

I suppose that's a bit less high profile than a player, so might've avoided the backlash.

look at what happened when Chef Evans was looking for a club.

1 hour ago, dan cake said:

26 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I suppose that's a bit less high profile than a player, so might've avoided the backlash.

look at what happened when Chef Evans was looking for a club.

It was also in the days before social media (or before it was so popular anyway).

20 hours ago, Robroysboy said:

Looks like he may be going to jail ?

Will be interesting to see if any other club would ever sign him again.

IT was Chelsea where he was assistant manager. Ken Bates basically thought that Rix had been set up and the girl and her father were only after money from Rix.  I'm not sure I agree with that but one thing about Bates is he didn't really care much what anyone else thought. 

If rumors are true about how the treat a nonce in the jail I wonder If having an anus like a wizards sleave will hinder Johnson playing football when he gets out. 

I honestly hope his cell mate is 7 foot tall, hung like a gorilla and is seeking revenge on mankind because his unkle felt him up as a child. If the police are right Johnson Google "age of concent" during this incident so deserves all he gets. 

7 minutes ago, phart said:

Gorillas have tiny penises relative to humans. I hope this correction doesn't spoil your rape fantasy.

I bow down to your superior animal willy size knowledge. How about a donkey or horse? A blue whale perhaps?

Edited by kmcca5

• 3 weeks later...

The judge, in his final words yesterday, seemed like he really meant business. 

Johnson given bail to say goodbye to his daughter and to expect a serious custodial sentence. 

Good!   He had what most of us could only dream of and used his position to seduce a star-struck wee girl.    He might not have had sex with her, but he admitted that he wanted to.   It was probably only a matter of time before he let his paedo urges get in the way of any rational thought he had.

Maximum of 10 years.     I think he'll be given 5 unless there's magically new evidence and an appeal.  All the money in the world won't save this sick pervert now. 

13 minutes ago, OLAS said:

The judge, in his final words yesterday, seemed like he really meant business. 

Johnson given bail to say goodbye to his daughter and to expect a serious custodial sentence. 

Good!   He had what most of us could only dream of and used his position to seduce a star-struck wee girl.    He might not have had sex with her, but he admitted that he wanted to.   It was probably only a matter of time before he let his paedo urges get in the way of any rational thought he had.

Maximum of 10 years.     I think he'll be given 5 unless there's magically new evidence and an appeal.  All the money in the world won't save this sick pervert now. 

If he gets 5 years he's likely to only spend 2 behind bars. The whole system is too soft on these filthy creatures. 

There was a bit on SSN news last night where they were interviewing Johnson's former boys club coach.  The coach was saying how he was really disappointed in him but that he'd not had any contact with him for years.  The reporter then asked him if he could "understand the pressures and temptations" that were put in the way of professional footballers".  He'd have been as well saying "well if the wee slag was putting it out there she deserves all she gets".  I couldn't believe my ears that Sky were practically looking to give Johnson an excuse for his abhorrent behaviour,

First of all, I think Johnston is a complete scumbag and deserves jailing but he is not a paedophile as that specifically relates to pre-pubescent children.

If the case had been that he'd met the girl in a nightclub, she had come on to him and she'd lied to him about his age and they had had consensual sex that night then putting to one side his other personal circumstances then - even though he'd probably committed a more serious offence than the one which he's been convicted of then you might have a certain level of sympathy for him and maybe think he should have been a bit smarter.  You could legitimately say that it was an example of the temptations that footballers face.

What Johnson did, IMHO, was much much worse.  He was fully aware of the girls age and he used his position and the fact that she clearly looked up to him with one aim in mind.  He clearly knew that what he was doing was wrong and had plenty of opportunity to call a halt.  To me it's the grooming that is the really evil thing here.  The law draws an arbitrary line and if the girl was a few months older he probably wouldn't have faced any charges but to me his behaviour would have been equally as despicable. 

No being funny but the girl is old enough to know right and wrong too. Doesnt excuse him for being a creep, but she should be held accountable for some of it.

Edited by Kirk

43 minutes ago, Kirk said:

No being funny but the girl is old enough to know right and wrong too. Doesnt excuse him for being a creep, but she should be held accountable for some of it.

Plenty of 15 year olds (just turned at the time) can be quite immature.  Without knowing the girl I don't really think you can say that.  The accountability of this lies only with one person and that's Johnson.

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

Plenty of 15 year olds (just turned at the time) can be quite immature.  Without knowing the girl I don't really think you can say that.  The accountability of this lies only with one person and that's Johnson.

However reprehensible Johnson's actions were, the 15 year old's conduct was irresponsible in this instance.

Immaturity does not absolve any youngster from acting responsibly particularly where personal safety is concerned.