Last Minute Winners - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Last Minute Winners

He did. That was the year united finally won the Scottish Cup, stopping back to back rangers trebles.

Motherwell in the 1/4s, the aberdeen game above in the 1/2s, then rangers in the final. After the motherwell game I knew United were going to win the damn thing.

In my research I saw that motherwell beat Celtic in the 3rd round, and that Dundee United went on to win it.

Around 26,000 across the 2 ties, the same match in this seasons cup had less than 5000.

:(

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my research I saw that motherwell beat Celtic in the 3rd round, and that Dundee United went on to win it.

Around 26,000 across the 2 ties, the same match in this seasons cup had less than 5000.

:(

Celtic were gash that year, was it not Macari or Liam Brady I'm charge? Rangers, Motherwell and Aberdeen were 123 in the league I think. Edited by adamntg

For me it has to be Clyde away to Morton back in February 2008!

We were rank rotten for the entire match (don't even know if we had any shots on goal) until stoppage time... 1-0 down then score in the 92nd minute. We then go on to win a freekick in the 94th minute right in front of the away support, ball gets whipped in for Craig McKeown the Clyde centre half to bullet it home. 2-1. Absolute scenes in the away end with a guy I knew from games leaning against the wall on the way out spewing. Will always remember his last words "That was so good I'm gonna f***ing spew!!"

Edited by Rory

For me being a well fan, 2 favs been Scott McDonald double in last minute against Celtic and Marc Fitzpatrick against Hearts in league cup semi final in extra time. As scotland fan well the last minute winners against Georgia and Liechenstein were a welcome relief.

1. Vennegoor of Hesselink v Rangers in 2008. If we hadn't scored then it was rangers title. Watched it in student union, about 10 Tims and 200 buns. Brilliant.

2. Gary hooper v dundee Utd. This just stood out for sheer bedlam in the away end after a game that was filled with contraversy. The dougie dougie game that led to his eventual resignation/sacking.

3. Liechenstein. Embarrassing as it was it was some scenes.

1. Vennegoor of Hesselink v Rangers in 2008. If we hadn't scored then it was rangers title. Watched it in student union, about 10 Tims and 200 buns. Brilliant.

http://youtu.be/zy5XsLLIb0U

I was right next to the away fans for that game...brilliant at the end.

Watching that back reminds me how many penalties we miss. We must have one of the worst records going.

I was right next to the away fans for that game...brilliant at the end.

Watching that back reminds me how many penalties we miss. We must have one of the worst records going.

In fairness, it wasn't a 'miss' as such. Got to give a bit of credit to shagger there?

Can imagine how much you enjoyed it, the penalty save was celebrated like we had scored a winning goal in a cup final :blush:

In fairness, it wasn't a 'miss' as such. Got to give a bit of credit to shagger there?

Can imagine how much you enjoyed it, the penalty save was celebrated like we had scored a winning goal in a cup final :blush:

We do have a terrible record. Backed up with another miss at the weekend. I think the only real weakness in Larssons game was penalties too.

I remember Maloney and Lynch fighting over a penalty to see who got their hat trick. Maloney missed it.

We do have a terrible record. Backed up with another miss at the weekend. I think the only real weakness in Larssons game was penalties too.

I remember Maloney and Lynch fighting over a penalty to see who got their hat trick. Maloney missed it.

But you must make up for it with quantity awarded?

Guest faircity

In a bizarre way those few weeks are among the best I've had as a fan.

Definitely my favourite season too, think I missed 2 games all that season, some right tripe served up but the last stand at the end of the season was fantastic. The support during those times was unreal.

Tynecastle was mental and outwith trophy winning days it is my favourite game. Remember after we scored a boy in front said it would be good if Hibs scored - a few started going mad having thought he said Hibs had scored. 30 seconds later it was bedlam as news of Pat McGinlay's goal at Tannadice came through. The Jambos were not amused at our chanting of Hi-bees. :-))

10,000 Aberdeen fans in Brockville was an experience.