Hats Off To The Mums - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

With apologies to full time Dads, how the feck do Mums cope ?

I am quite involved as a Dad - no social life due to having a 2 and 4 year old, and no family nearby to help out. I work nightshift but it works for us and allows me to never miss a morning drop-off at Nursery, or a Doctors apointment etc., and means my wife can work part time. I see more of my kids than I would on dayshift.

But for the first time in years my wife is ill - nothing major, just some s+d which the kids made her a present of, but she has been floored and I have taken a night off, gone without some sleep etc over the last 2 or 3 days while she is in bed recovering.

How the utter fvck do Mums do it ? The house looks like a grenade went off, the washing basket lid won't close, the ironing pile is up to my hip, and I can't decide which of my dearly loved children I am going to murder in cold blood first. Every meal time results in splatter all over the kitchen, but is great fun. Now I know why she insisted on the Sharky steam mop !

So hats off to the Mums - I have absolutely no idea how you do this full time. I cannot wait to get back to work !

You have a great point,but never admit that to her :lol:

I've been told I'm like a 4th child at times,she's just started doing nightshift at her work,so the running of the house has been up to me.

Got my head nipped last weekend when I said I would do the ironing in the Saturday,so she had a uniform for work.

In my wisdom,I decided to do just my golf stuff,and leave the rest until later,that was a bad idea when I came home from golf.

Before I met her,she had the 3 kids,(husband passed away) and between bringing the three up herself,she worked in a care home,went to uni to qualify as a mental health nurse and seen to their every need.

But she's good at it,so I think it's best to leave her to it.............

She disagreed strongly :lol:

Edited by dandydunn

Slightly aside but...What's this thing people have with 'the ironing'? Why is it treated like an essential component of housework? In my house the iron rarely comes out of the cupboard. We don't iron stuff. Life seems to continue untroubled.

Slightly aside but...What's this thing people have with 'the ironing'? Why is it treated like an essential component of housework? In my house the iron rarely comes out of the cupboard. We don't iron stuff. Life seems to continue untroubled.

tinker!!

Not long till I enter the hallowed grounds of fatherhood. Mrs has had a bad time of it during her pregnancy (the joys of hg) so I have had to try and juggle work, housework and getting stuff organised. Guess it comes down to each doing what thy are good at and being understanding if the other half is not as good at something than you are. Still totally agree with you hats off to all the mums out there

We adhere to this school of thought as well! I figure that our body heat irons out the creases! :-)

Couldn't agree more. I've been in the RAF 23 years now so you'd think I'd be an ironing freak. 10 minute job to iron the next day's uniform each night and the iron doesn't go near anything else. Drives my missus loopy :lol:

With you there 100% :ok:

With apologies to full time Dads, how the feck do Mums cope ?

I am quite involved as a Dad - no social life due to having a 2 and 4 year old, and no family nearby to help out. I work nightshift but it works for us and allows me to never miss a morning drop-off at Nursery, or a Doctors apointment etc., and means my wife can work part time. I see more of my kids than I would on dayshift.

But for the first time in years my wife is ill - nothing major, just some s+d which the kids made her a present of, but she has been floored and I have taken a night off, gone without some sleep etc over the last 2 or 3 days while she is in bed recovering.

How the utter flip do Mums do it ? The house looks like a grenade went off, the washing basket lid won't close, the ironing pile is up to my hip, and I can't decide which of my dearly loved children I am going to murder in cold blood first. Every meal time results in splatter all over the kitchen, but is great fun. Now I know why she insisted on the Sharky steam mop !

So hats off to the Mums - I have absolutely no idea how you do this full time. I cannot wait to get back to work !

I go to my work for a rest I have a 2 and 4 year old also.

So lucky to make all the scotland games home and away, yes its hard work.

We are fortunate enough to get alot of support from Grandparents otherwise it would be a second mortgage in childcare.

This bout of illness will make you appreciate your other half even more, mothers day round the corner. You can spoil her then.

I think on the eve of International Women's Day we should be celebrating all women, mothers or not. I know women without children who lead much fuller and/or more challenging lives than I, as a mother, do. Saying that, I'm a shit hot Mum and love every minute.