Scotland V Qatar - Page 8 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland V Qatar

wanderer

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you think so? This is the SFA we're talking about.

Way it works (as told by a ex-SFA backroom staff employee when quizzed about the process at a WESTA meeting many moons ago) is Strachan tells the international committee his requirements..... ie training camp, away game, away game with training camp, game v a diddy nations, game v a Eastern European side, game v a top 10 nation etc etc etc etc.......

International committee then go off and see what is available and who is interested.... then come back and present their findings..... ie Game v Qatar in Scotland (where tv deal will kick in, so can make money), Game v Latvia in Malaga (but who pays for it?) and game v Austria in back of beyond...........

Strachan then picks the one that interests him and then the international committee strike a deal with the other FA over money and other technical stuff......

Strachan does sign off on the game........

If the SFA had not recently started a link up with the Qatar FA over a partnership, I would have thought nothing of it, but suspect that might have come in to play a little bit (ie "Gordon, you want a game before Ireland, but nothing to strenuous.... how about a game v a team ranked out side the top 100 for a kick about who can bring us in some cash while we are at it?")

Ah a balmy long sunny summers evening in the beer gardens of the capital - nice wee training session for The Dub

Too many people taking the hump over this game.

Good post. Too many TA wanting to be involved in politics nowadays. I will enjoy a few beers in the Capital cities beer gardens pre match with good company and fellow Scotland fans :ok:

Booked the Megabus for £2 return there from Glasgow

What about the 50p booking fee?

If Ryanair charged a 25% booking fee you'd all be up in arms, but it's somehow ok for Stagecoach to do it.

I'm still not going and want everybody to know that.

Planning to get WESTA supporters bus from ironhorse if I can get an earlyshift at work, will be there ( reluctantly).

I did enjoy the australia friendly at easter road, but getting home post match is a pain as the public transport shuts down before I can get my last train home. :angry:

Planning to get WESTA supporters bus from ironhorse if I can get an earlyshift at work, will be there ( reluctantly).

I did enjoy the australia friendly at easter road, but getting home post match is a pain as the public transport shuts down before I can get my last train home. :angry:

Welcome to the world of games not being in your home town.

Edited by dandydunn