Scotland V Qatar - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland V Qatar

wanderer

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if there is a game to boycott this is it !!!!!!!

Though not admitting they were wrong, the SFA have basically dug themselves out of that hole with the free tickets for Gibraltar and N.Ireland games, and a reduced rate against N.Ireland.

Game to Boycott was England, this game is so uninspiring that a boycott from the fans would not be felt to send out a message.

Interestingly, no way would they get anywhere near a half decent crowd at Hampden for this (even if they give away more free tickets).... trip to Easter Road, Aberdeen or Rugby Park?

Edited by wanderer

Though not admitting they were wrong, the SFA have basically dug themselves out of that hole with the free tickets for Gibraltar and N.Ireland games, and a reduced rate against N.Ireland.

Game to Boycott was England, this game is so uninspiring that a boycott from the fans would not be felt.

Interestingly, no way would they get anywhere near a half decent crowd at Hampden for this (even if they give away more free tikctes).... trip to Easter Road, Aberdeen or Rugby Park?

the Qataris wont have that, they will want it at hampden they will be paying us for this one way or another and calling the shots wouldnt be suprised if fergie and dalglish end up on TV in the crowd as well. this should boycotted for ethical and morale reasons as well as sporting and financial

the Qataris wont have that, they will want it at hampden they will be paying us for this one way or another and calling the shots wouldnt be suprised if fergie and dalglish end up on TV in the crowd as well. this should boycotted for ethical and morale reasons as well as sporting and financial

This is a home game for us, so we can play it where we want (probably get a good bit of cash in selling the tv rights to Al Jazeera) and doubt the SFA would want to be shown up playing the game in a 95% empty Hampden, when they could have a 60%+ full Easter Road or something.

Ethical and moral reasons I can understand, but the time to stick it to the SSC over ticket prices and passed and went.

This is a home game for us, so we can play it where we want (probably get a good bit of cash in selling the tv rights to Al Jazeera) and doubt the SFA would want to be shown up playing the game in a 95% empty Hampden, when they could have a 60%+ full Easter Road or something.

Ethical and moral reasons I can understand, but the time to stick it to the SSC over ticket prices and passed and went.

Depending on how the cup semis and play-offs pan out they may have to extend the season so that might rule Easter Road out if it's planned for the weekend before hand

Fingers crossed it'll be getting used for the play-offs

Play off final is 31st of May..... Qatar are saying they are playing Northern Ireland in England that day as part of their training camp, so if Easter Road is a option, it will be midweek after this most likely.

Play off final is 31st of May..... Qatar are saying they are playing Northern Ireland in England that day as part of their training camp, so if Easter Road is a option, it will be midweek after this most likely.

But Hibs or Falkirk will be playing in the cup final on the 30th and if either team makes to the play-off final then the playoffs would need to be extended or even squeezed in earlier

But Hibs or Falkirk will be playing in the cup final on the 30th and if either team makes to the play-off final then the playoffs would need to be extended or even squeezed in earlier

Got you now!

Did not take it in that the SC and Play off finals were the same weekend.

Its only a issue if Hibs make the SC final, but that will not be known for a while.

I hope its not Hampden, as I think there will be Queens Park games that attract more..... a Scotland game in Aberdeen during the summer? Stuff of dreams at the Faroe and Estonia games :-))

Got you now!

Did not take it in that the SC and Play off finals were the same weekend.

Its only a issue if Hibs make the SC final, but that will not be known for a while.

I hope its not Hampden, as I think there will be Queens Park games that attract more..... a Scotland game in Aberdeen during the summer? Stuff of dreams at the Faroe and Estonia games :-))

Rugby Park would maybe be a decent shout. There's not been an international first team game down there since Estonia in 98(?)

I know the first line of the story says 'home friendly', but it's possible that the Journalist may just be assuming this. The quote from Quatar doesn't say the game will be in Scotland. If they are having a training camp in England, and playing Northern Ireland there, is it not a possibility that they will play us there as well ? That way, they could easily play in a smaller Stadium, and I'm sure we would have a good travelling support, as we all love a day out in a beer garden in England, in the summer sunshine !!! - I'm not saying that's what it will be, but a possibility !

I know the first line of the story says 'home friendly', but it's possible that the Journalist may just be assuming this. The quote from Quatar doesn't say the game will be in Scotland. If they are having a training camp in England, and playing Northern Ireland there, is it not a possibility that they will play us there as well ? That way, they could easily play in a smaller Stadium, and I'm sure we would have a good travelling support, as we all love a day out in a beer garden in England, in the summer sunshine !!! - I'm not saying that's what it will be, but a possibility !

I believe the journalist has just copy and pasted a article that was in a Qatar newspaper last week (its almost word for word the same.... just cleaned up a bit, as when you put it through Google Translate, the Qatar article is as clear as mud) and it hinted that the game was going to be in Scotland.... also you would think they would at least ask someone at the SFA about this before putting it out to print?

Edited by wanderer

I believe the journalist has just copy and pasted a article that was in a Qatar newspaper last week (its almost word for word the same) and it hinted that the game was going to be in Scotland.... also you would think they would at least ask someone at the SFA about this before putting it out to print?

A lot of Journalists are just simply lazy. I wouldn't assume anything, until they print a quote from a named source/SFA etc.

This would be my ultimate desire. Beer gardens in England in June. While we are at it, can it be in London as I can get the train there and back.

Loftus Road or Craven Cottage please. Even The Boyln Ground or the Valley at a push.

J