Aberdeen Vs Motherwell Thread And Score Predictions - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Aberdeen Vs Motherwell Thread And Score Predictions

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tough game for motherwell, but we have got a pretty good record at pittodrie.

The onus is on Aberdeen to come out and play which probably suits us better than trying to break down a team sitting in (Dundee or 10 man kilmarnock).

Our leaky defence is unlikely to keep a clean sheet, but we now look like a team that could muster the odd shot at goal.

Aberdeen are rightly favourites, but I'll go for a pretty brutal to watch 1-1 draw.

Dons will be looking to take out their 4-0 loss on someone, and their next game happens to be against 11th place Well.

That, coupled with their title hopes being thrown a lifeline from St. Johnstone doesn't bode well on paper for the visitors.

I'll say 2-0. Pawlett and Rooney.

Motherwell 12/1 with Hills

:shocked:

I've seen worse motherwell teams win at pittodrie.

I made the mistake of saying the price was too good when we were 6/1 at Hamilton (and lost 5-0), but i think that's too good a price for any premiership game even involving Celtic.

McCall had made an art out of taking his Motherwell team to Pittodrie, doing absolutely f*ck all for 89 minutes apart from defend, and then scoring on their one break up the park to win the game.

And to be honest, plenty of teams have been able to do just that over the last 10 years or more.

I suspect (hope) that these days are gone...or at least changed. Not many teams get much success these days out of coming to Pittodrie and parking the bus....Aberdeen usually just batter it aside and score anyway.

Still, it's football and anything can happen. Motherwell have improved slightly, and Aberdeen could have an off day. The last game at Pittodrie against Motherwell was a boring 1-0...I think this one might be similar.

A bit worried about Motherwell - we were supposed to hump them in January after we were flying high top of the league and they'd been humiliated by Hamilton, and that was a game only really settled by a last minute Rooney pen.

I'm going to continue betting on Aberdeen to win with -1, -2, & -3 goals - I've earned a few pounds on that in February.

Still, it's football and anything can happen. Motherwell have improved slightly, and Aberdeen could have an off day. The last game at Pittodrie against Motherwell was a boring 1-0...I think this one might be similar.

That result apart Motherwell had a long unbeaten run at todders. Unfortunately though the palyers used to be playing against their ex-manger Mark McGhee and then Craig Brown. Pretty sure that their comments about leaving 'well to join a bigger club, focussed the players.