Mccall Takes Rangers Job - Page 7 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Mccall Takes Rangers Job

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all designed to make me look forward to Scotland v Northern Ireland :cry:

Defence is still rotten with McGregor vying with McCulloch for sheer hopelessness. Midfield creating very little, and as mentioned on twitter, it would be better to take Boyd off and replace him with a dustbin so there's at the least the chance of a deflection into the net. Templeton brought a bit of life into the game and Daly proved to be more of a threat than Boyd but as the game went on you knew Rangers were incapable of holding the lead and to be honest there were moments when I thought Alloa might even have snatched all three points.

I still think McCall will turn it around, but whether he can do it over the short term still has to be seen - Sunday at Easter Road will certainly be an interesting watch, albeit probably from behind the sofa with a very strong drink!

TT

Edited by TartanTeddy

It's all designed to make me look forward to Scotland v Northern Ireland :cry:

Defence is still rotten with McGregor vying with McCulloch for sheer hopelessness. Midfield creating very little, and as mentioned on twitter, it would be better to take Boyd off and replace him with a dustbin so there's at the least the chance of a deflection into the net. Templeton brought a bit of life into the game and Daly proved to be more of a threat than Boyd but as the game went on you knew Rangers were incapable of holding the lead and to be honest there were moments when I thought Alloa might might have snatched all three points.

I still think McCall will turn it around, but whether he can do it over the short term still has to be seen - Sunday at easter Road will certainly be an interesting watch, albeit probably watched from behind the sofa with a very strong drink!

TT

Why would your sofa have a very strong drink.

Why would your sofa have a very strong drink.

Edited by TartanTeddy

I'm wondering if the momentum is now with the others in the race foe 3rd and 4th place, given Rangers' form recently.

Could Rangers even miss out on the play-offs?

There has to be a chance. QoS and Falkirk are both closing in. A defeat in their next game could see them only two points ahead.

There has to be a chance. QoS and Falkirk are both closing in. A defeat in their next game could see them only two points ahead.

Rangers will get absolutely horsed by Hibs on Sunday.

QoS are at home to Cowdenbeath, and will end up on Sunday only being 2 points behind Rangers.

Falkirk are at home to Hearts.

While Boyd has been pish this season, and he's not the only one, I'd rather decisions on next season's playing staff were made by whoever the Manager will be as opposed to whomever has made this one.

agree with this. self defeating. why not tell the players they are playing for a new contract? surely thats better motivation than saying you are out the door - especially players who you are still picking for the team.

agree with this. self defeating. why not tell the players they are playing for a new contract? surely thats better motivation than saying you are out the door - especially players who you are still picking for the team.

Telling players they weren't wanted worked very well for Terry Butcher & Hibs last season :lol: