Naismith Watch Thread Vs Dynamo Kiev - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Naismith Watch Thread Vs Dynamo Kiev

Robroysboy

I thought that penalty was a harsh decision.

How could he have avoided that?

There was certainly no "hand to ball" and if you're making a tackle like that, the arm was in a completely "natural position".

Harsh.

10 more? Seriously?

Easily. In consecutive games against Lithuania and in Liechtenstein in 2011 he should have scored hat tricks in both. On top of that I can remember him being clean through with just the keeper to beat against Serbia at Hampden and knocking it wide. He had 2 decent chances in Dortmund last year and followed that up with missing 2 great chances at Ibrox v Georgia. Those are just the ones off the top of my head.

Don't get me wrong, he'd be in my Scotland team for everything else he brings to the table. I just wish he was more clinical.

Easily. In consecutive games against Lithuania and in Liechtenstein in 2011 he should have scored hat tricks in both. On top of that I can remember him being clean through with just the keeper to beat against Serbia at Hampden and knocking it wide. He had 2 decent chances in Dortmund last year and followed that up with missing 2 great chances at Ibrox v Georgia. Those are just the ones off the top of my head.

Don't get me wrong, he'd be in my Scotland team for everything else he brings to the table. I just wish he was more clinical.

No striker scores every great chance they get.

He's missed some good chances but he's not even played out and out striker in a lot of games.

Aye nae bother then. Last time someone scored a hat trick for Scotland was in 1969 and you're having a go at Naisy for no getting TWO back-to-back hat tricks ?

Aye nae bother then. Last time someone scored a hat trick for Scotland was in 1969 and you're having a go at Naisy for no getting TWO back-to-back hat tricks

Whoever starts uptop for Scotland against Gibraltar has the best chance in a long, long time to get said hat-trick.

Personally would like to see a front two of Fletcher and Rhodes with Naisy supporting for that game - 451 is not necessary against amateurs