Scotland Players In Action - Page 86 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players In Action

kmcca5

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't see west brom going down. Too many worse teams below them. Sunderland and hull definitely will be lucky to stay up. Would be gutting to see snodgrass and Robertson go down. Especially snodgrass having played only played about 20 mins for hull. Steven fletchers a weird one. Wish he hadnt signed for shite lower half clubs. Burnley, wolves and now Sunderland. The thing is I could still see yet another shite Epl side signing him if Sunderland do go down cause even though his goals seem to have dried he doesn't half provide more for the team in general play,that was evident v Newcastle last week.

Agree that Hull and Sunderland look more in danger than WBA, just had a look at the points table. :ok:

O'shea an absolute bombscare v palace today on motd the now. Balls over the top in Dublin anyone?

Your right that he had a terrible game today but in the bigger picture O'Shea has probably been Sunderland's best player this season and without him they would be in an even worse position than they are currently.

He played alright against us at Celtic Park, him and Richard Keogh did very well I thought. O'Shea is a decent player who whilst getting on a bit, isn't done just yet. It would be wrong to underestimate him.

Before the game, a few Ireland supporters would have said the same about Whittaker, Hanley, Martin, Anya etc and they went on to have a good game against them.

Your right that he had a terrible game today but in the bigger picture O'Shea has probably been Sunderland's best player this season and without him they would be in an even worse position than they are currently.

He played alright against us at Celtic Park, him and Richard Keogh did very well I thought. O'Shea is a decent player who whilst getting on a bit, isn't done just yet. It would be wrong to underestimate him.

Before the game, a few Ireland supporters would have said the same about Whittaker, Hanley, Martin, Anya etc and they went on to have a good game against them.

Don't really know how Ireland set up but as they're playing at home you would imagine them playing a higher line than they did at Celtic park.

O'shea simply couldn't handle pace yesterday when the defence was pushed up.not much pace in our team granted but there's maybe chances for Anya, naismith to exploit there.

See someone mentioned Gibson now being out for the season. I think that could also be massive in this game; who will be able to field their most important players in the game as it's highly unlikely both squads will be injury free by end of season

Edited by JECK

Craig Forsyth played at Center Back again at the weekend for Derby, also Russel Martin is back playing at Center Back for Norwich.

Edited by kmcca5

Could we run Anya thru the middle along side Fletcher? Maloney and Russel/GMS/Morrison/Bannan out wide?

Coleman's fairly quick for them and if we're playing on the counter having his pace thru the middle and Fletcher and Bannan putting balls in behind could be a nice little setup.

Went to look at Bournemouth this eve at Reading.

First time I've seen Ritchie play 90 minutes. I was impressed: holds it up well, always tries to get the ball under control to play it on, works hard, creates chances.

.....and, whisper it, Jamie Mackie was probably Reading's best player (and was MoM last weekend too). A real handful with pace and skill playing at 9