Scotland Players In Action - Page 93 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players In Action

kmcca5

mine too, but at the same time marshall has been pretty solid apart from his mistake against gibraltar

Would not say he was at fault for Gibraltar..... Strachan had put a 3 man defense in front of him who were caught on the counter attack unaware....would say McGregor or Gordon would not done any better.

Not enough to warrant a drop, but until Strachan thinks so, he will be starting qualifiers, with Gordon having to wait his turn.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would not say he was at fault for Gibraltar..... Strachan had put a 3 man defense in front of him who were caught on the counter attack unaware....would say McGregor or Gordon would not done any better.

Not enough to warrant a drop, but until Strachan thinks so, he will be starting qualifiers, with Gordon having to wait his turn.

if he didn't come rampaging off his line no way would it have been a goal

Hmmmmm I think he did what any goalkeeper would have done with a oponent totally unmarked like he was, so pretty blame-less IMHO

not at that angle

also i dont remember the worlds no 1 keeper doing that when a certain ikechi anya was clean through running directly towards goal ;-)

Hmmmmm I think he did what any goalkeeper would have done with a oponent totally unmarked like he was, so pretty blame-less IMHO

Aye he was right to do what he did, not many keepers would do different

Henderson with his 4th for Rosenborg

Fantastic, fingers crossed he can keep it up ! Just had a wee look there and Rosenborg have started the season well with four wins and a draw.

Would be good if Celtic allow Henderson to play the full Norwegian season (April-November) if possible.

I disagree that it wasn't a mistake, he might have been through....but by the time he is in a position to shoot there are 3 defenders behind the ball, 2 of which who were forced to go on the line because Marshall came recklessly off it.

If he stayed on his line Casciaro would have had to beat 3 defenders and Marshall from outside the box.

Of course this is ignoring Marshall's earlier error in the match from a cross that a good team would have punished.

Edited by BraveheartGordon

I disagree that it wasn't a mistake, he might have been through....but by the time he is in a position to shoot there are 3 defenders behind the ball, 2 of which who were forced to go on the line because Marshall came recklessly off it.

If he stayed on his line Casciaro would have had to beat 3 defenders and Marshall from outside the box.

Of course this is ignoring Marshall's earlier error in the match from a cross that a good team would have punished.

:ok:

In terms of scots involved in play off's, not great for Strachan, as only Martin, Dorrans and Berra involved between now and Qatar/Ireland games.

Whitakker?