Scotland Players In Action - Page 126 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players In Action

kmcca5

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think he would do well in naisys position just now. Drop Fletch push naisy up front and there you go

if Maloney is injured Russell can play out wide. WGS seems to prefer Forrest or Ritchie, i can't see why on the current evidence.

hunchy, on 14 Sept 2015 - 10:57 PM, said:

Think he would do well in naisys position just now. Drop Fletch push naisy up front and there you go

I wanted us to play Naismith up front in the last 2 games. Would've been a far better option than Fletcher in Georgia. That way we could've also had McArthur playing deeper and Morrison further up the pitch, where he's a far better player. Would have given our side a far better balance.

I said all this pre-match too ;)

I wanted us to play Naismith up front in the last 2 games. Would've been a far better option than Fletcher in Georgia. That way we could've also had McArthur playing deeper and Morrison further up the pitch, where he's a far better player. Would have given our side a far better balance.

I said all this pre-match too ;)

In hindsight I think you are right. I'll put my hand up and admit I thought naisy would be a bit to rusty but he must have been a better option than Fletch. Still think Russell would have done a job instead of morrison

Maloney is injured for 3 weeks. Is he going to be an option for Poland?

We'll definitely need to replace Morrison and possibly Maloney and S.Fletcher (though I doubt it).

McArthur and Brown/Fletcher at CDM? Naismith, Anya, Ritchie and Fletcher ahead? Surely Forrest won't be picked again?

Also desperately hope we don't play Mulgrew at LB again but with it being Poland I reckon we will...

Whilst the competition in the league is certainly getting better and might just be superb to watch this season the quality is indeed poor. Quality as in skill and ability.

Anyone who claims it isn't should be sectioned.

exactly. that aberdeen celtic game was absolute murder and thats the top 2.

macy37, on 14 Sept 2015 - 9:49 PM, said:

Whilst the competition in the league is certainly getting better and might just be superb to watch this season the quality is indeed poor. Quality as in skill and ability.

Poor compared to what?

The vast majority of games i go to are excellent, with some genuinely fantastic pieces of play.

Maloney is injured for 3 weeks. Is he going to be an option for Poland?

We'll definitely need to replace Morrison and possibly Maloney and S.Fletcher (though I doubt it).

McArthur and Brown/Fletcher at CDM? Naismith, Anya, Ritchie and Fletcher ahead? Surely Forrest won't be picked again?

Also desperately hope we don't play Mulgrew at LB again but with it being Poland I reckon we will...

McArthur will take Morrisons place for Poland, as he does seem to be a player Strachan likes, but not enough to break up the Brown-Morrison partnership.

Maloney is out for up to 3 weeks, so very worst he is back with less than a month of game time under his belt, and when you add in Fletcher not playing, and guys like Naismith and Anya being in and out and in and out at their club teams, we really can not go into our make or break game with almost the whole of our front 4 having next to no game time.

Was Naismith carrying a knock during the international window? Having played every previous game it seemed strange that he went off at HT in Georgia and not to feature v Germany.

We have a real problem breaking teams down. We even struggled v Gibraltar until Bannan came on. Nobody else even looked for a forward pass/penetrating pass. Is he fit/playing?

exactly. that aberdeen celtic game was absolute murder and thats the top 2.

Murder? Poor quality? I think you two best stick to leagues where billions are being spent.

Ryan Fraser and Christophe Berra start for Ipswich

Tony Watt starts for Charlton

Johnny Russell, Chris Martin and Craig Forsyth start for Derby

Graeme Shinnie and Ryan Jack start for Aberdeen

Barry Bannan starts for Sheffield Wednesday

Stevie May starts for Preston

Andy Robertson and Allan McGregor start for Hull

Liam Cooper starts for Leeds

David Marshall starts for Cardiff

Paul Caddis starts for Birmingham, Andrew Shinnie on the bench

Chris Burke starts for Nottingham Forest

Murphy starts for Brighton

Boyd and Arfield start for Burnley

Dobbie on the bench for Bolton

Robertson in midfield

quite a derpressing post that

few years back would have been Hansen, Wark, Dalglish, Souness, Nicol start for Liverpool

quite a derpressing post that

few years back would have been Hansen, Wark, Dalglish, Souness, Nicol start for Liverpool

Look on the bright side Bino's.

You could also say a few years back it would have been Dobie, Kyle, Dickov, Crainey, Williams, Stockdale etc etc.

Jordan Rhodes - he scores goals. Would have him ahead of 2 or 3 squad regulars.

My problem with Jordan Rhodes is that he is unproven at the highest level at league football. No EPL/SPL club has taken the plunge on him and you have to ask why this is the case? I see him also as a goal poacher-type who is a good finisher if chances are set up for him in and around the area. However, we don't play the type of game that carves open chances like that. We need a striker that offers more than Rhodes has to offer such as linking up to bring others into the game, holding the ball up and knock-downs etc for team-mates and that just isn't him.