Scotland Players In Action - Page 158 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players In Action

kmcca5

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He scored tonight and kept two of the most attacking threats in Scotland quiet for the whole match. He deserves it.

Has always been very dangerous going forward and at set pieces but the part of his game he needed to improve on was defensively and that really has come on massively over be last 18 months.

26 goals in just over 100 games for hearts and has just turned 21 ?

Has always been very dangerous going forward and at set pieces but the part of his game he needed to improve on was defensively and that really has come on massively over be last 18 months.

26 goals in just over 100 games for hearts and has just turned 21

Plus he's a bit gallus.good attribute :-))

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35211511

Sheffield Wednesday highlights

Good strike but what annoys me about that article is its described as a volley. A volley is when you hit a ball without it hitting the ground - a much more difficult skill - rather than a bouncing ball while its in the air. Shoddy reporting doesn't detract from the goal though.

Stephen Kingsley just come on for Swansea. They were 3-1 down when he came on. He looked hood and was getting praise from the commentators. He could have equilised, chance of his own making but had to shoot on his weaker foot.

Edited by kmcca5

Jack Grimmer featuring for Shrewsbury against Cardiff. Kennedy only on the bench for a Cardiff team made up of reserves. The futures bright..... or perhaps not. There both still young I suppose.

Not a sentence I thought I'd write but... Kirk Broadfoot was excellent for Rotherham and got man of the match last night. Was there to watch Brighton. I'd say his day has thankfully passed as a Scotland player but he was impressive all the same.

Very very little happening in terms of players in action in the English top flight. The more you look at this thread the more grim reading it makes as the majority is definitely about players in the English championship now

Strachan, although always coming across really positive in interviews must privately be banging his head against a wall.

Fletcher had a decent game in the middle against Chelsea tonight, although WBA are a really ugly team under Pulis.

Can't understand how he doesn't get a game for us, he's clearly recovered from his illness - or at least is managing it effectively.

Fletcher had a decent game in the middle against Chelsea tonight, although WBA are a really ugly team under Pulis.

Can't understand how he doesn't get a game for us, he's clearly recovered from his illness - or at least is managing it effectively.

Said it for years Craig - he really doesn't fancy Fletcher - it must be something he sees in training. I don't think you can play Brown alongside him - and if I was honest, Brown had been better for Scotland than Fletcher in recent years (understandably) but Brown is increasingly not the player he was. I don't think Brown did enough for us last campaign.

Still say Fletcher's finest hour wasn't the Lithuania or Holland games at Hampden in 2003 but the Czech 2-2 at home in 2011. Considering how poorly he had been in the lead up, and following that game, his goal and overall performance were absolutely stunning.

Still say Fletcher's finest hour wasn't the Lithuania or Holland games at Hampden in 2003 but the Czech 2-2 at home in 2011. Considering how poorly he had been in the lead up, and following that game, his goal and overall performance were absolutely stunning.

Fletch was great in that game. And even though we lost, he was like a man on fire against the Dutch in 2009.

Sadly, his time in a Scotland jersey is probably coming towards the end.

Very very little happening in terms of players in action in the English top flight. The more you look at this thread the more grim reading it makes as the majority is definitely about players in the English championship now

Strachan, although always coming across really positive in interviews must privately be banging his head against a wall.

Jep very worrying,not much game time for a lot of our regulars from last campaign.

Jep very worrying,not much game time for a lot of our regulars from last campaign.

All the more reason to try out new things tbh. Chance for a clean slate and fresh approach with all these friendlies coming up.

After May having played 4/5 games we could be speaking a lot more positively about a new set of players and look to the next campaign with a bit of enthusiasm

All the more reason to try out new things tbh. Chance for a clean slate and fresh approach with all these friendlies coming up.

After May having played 4/5 games we could be speaking a lot more positively about a new set of players and look to the next campaign with a bit of enthusiasm

Strachan has shown no inclination to promote young players. He's the Derek McInnes of international football.

Strachan has shown no inclination to promote young players. He's the Derek McInnes of international football.

I sadly think Craig Brown has been giving Strachan advice on "blooding" young Scots.

Make them wait until they are 25/26 years old to make their debuts, make them "serve their apprenticeship" in the Under 21s and other such bollocks.

Totally agree.

I sadly think Craig Brown has been giving Strachan advice on "blooding" young Scots.

Make them wait until they are 25/26 years old to make their debuts, make them "serve their apprenticeship" in the Under 21s and other such bollocks.

Yep unfortunately this is the case.

It doesn't matter if the Under 21's have a game the same day - Full squad should always take priotiry as Under 21 caps mean nothing. All too often players gain many Under 21 caps then turn out about as much use to the full national team as David Wotherspoon, Ross Perry & Dylan McGeouch.