Scotland Players In Action - Page 162 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players In Action

kmcca5

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont mind the side you have selected although like many on here i'm very much in the undecided camp regarding Bannan and Griffiths. Having said that i dont think this is a particularly young side - cant be bothered doing the maths but the average must be 26/27

You've also dropped James Forrest - one of our younger players (and arguably one of Celtic's better Scottish players this season)

??????????

Forrest is shite

Terrible news. Hope he is fit for competitive Scotland games. Vital player for us.

West Brom midfielder James Morrison is facing up to two months out with the knee injury he picked up at Chelsea.

The Scotland international, 29, was substituted in the seventh minute of Wednesday's 2-2 draw at Stamford Bridge and missed Saturday's 3-0 Premier League defeat by Southampton.

Morrison, who is out of contract in the summer, has made 19 appearances for the Baggies this season.

He is the club's joint top scorer this season with four goals.

Edited by kmcca5

Terrible news. Hope he is fit for competitive Scotland games. Vital player for us.

West Brom midfielder James Morrison is facing up to two months out with the knee injury he picked up at Chelsea.

The Scotland international, 29, was substituted in the seventh minute of Wednesday's 2-2 draw at Stamford Bridge and missed Saturday's 3-0 Premier League defeat by Southampton.

Morrison, who is out of contract in the summer, has made 19 appearances for the Baggies this season.

He is the club's joint top scorer this season with four goals.

I don't wish the guy injured but I think for the vast majority of his performances for us he's been anonymous. Looks good for wba but not done much for us

I don't wish the guy injured but I think for the vast majority of his performances for us he's been anonymous. Looks good for wba but not done much for us

We almost always play worse when he isn't playing.

Edited by kmcca5

We almost always play worse when he isn't playing.

I agree with you that Morrison is a bit unappreciated.

One way of looking at it though is that we have a chance to find an alternative to Morrison. I really think it's James McArthur's chance to become a key player for Scotland.

I agree with you that Morrison is a bit unappreciated.

One way of looking at it though is that we have a chance to find an alternative to Morrison. I really think it's James McArthur's chance to become a key player for Scotland.

Agree McArthur's time is now but he's more of a replacement for Brown; morrison more of an advanced midfielder.

Oliver Burke has been immense for Forest. Fook the 21s, get him in the first team.

No way.

He's 18. He hasn't played half a dozen Championship games - but I will say this; he's strong as an ox, he's tall (over 6ft), and his frame and arms are massive. He looks like a boxer - for a winger he's big, powerful and he is very quick. Watch his goal v Bolton - that's a winger coming in and scoring a really good goal.

Strachan and Gemmil are tracking him closely - WGS has been at the City Ground a few times this season - but the lad has shown with every game the improving potential that he has. But he's very raw.

I'd skip the U19s and get him in the U21s, nowhere near the full team. I think next season he will have a lot of clubs looking in on him. But let's not get carried away.

No way.

He's 18. He hasn't played half a dozen Championship games - but I will say this; he's strong as an ox, he's tall (over 6ft), and his frame and arms are massive. He looks like a boxer - for a winger he's big, powerful and he is very quick. Watch his goal v Bolton - that's a winger coming in and scoring a really good goal.

Strachan and Gemmil are tracking him closely - WGS has been at the City Ground a few times this season - but the lad has shown with every game the improving potential that he has. But he's very raw.

I'd skip the U19s and get him in the U21s, nowhere near the full team. I think next season he will have a lot of clubs looking in on him. But let's not get carried away.

http://www.offthepostnews.co.uk/?p=8718

I can see the tug o' war headlines now...