Scotland Players In Action - Page 171 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players In Action

kmcca5

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think with some players such as bannan and bridcutt is not necessarily that they are not good enough for the EPL but that they have found teams that suit them. Bannan certainly seems to be a player that needs to play most weeks to get the best from him. I think it would be a great idea putting players like bannan in for the upcoming friendlies and even stick Rhodes up front from the start. If we don't try different players then the team could end up becoming stale with the same old faces making the same old mistakes

Pasta Mick

I still don't think there is a lot of difference between the bottom of the EPL and the top of the championship.

yes playing in the EPL you play against better players but if you are playing for a struggling EPL team

your confidence takes a big dip and so does your performance.

as there is no great difference in ability in most of our players I would still go with the players who are full of confidence

and winning most games.

Pasta Mick

I still don't think there is a lot of difference between the bottom of the EPL and the top of the championship.

yes playing in the EPL you play against better players but if you are playing for a struggling EPL team

your confidence takes a big dip and so does your performance.

as there is no great difference in ability in most of our players I would still go with the players who are full of confidence

and winning most games.

There might not be much difference between the bottom of the EPL and the top of the Championship but there is a massive difference between the top of the EPL and the bottom of the Championship.

By your logic, we'd be better filling the team full of Celtic, Aberdeen, Rangers and Hibs players than picking players from West Brom and Norwich. I just don't think it is that simple.

There might not be much difference between the bottom of the EPL and the top of the Championship but there is a massive difference between the top of the EPL and the bottom of the Championship.

By your logic, we'd be better filling the team full of Celtic, Aberdeen, Rangers and Hibs players than picking players from West Brom and Norwich. I just don't think it is that simple.

of course its not that simple. I cannot believe some people cant understand that. Quality of regular opposition must be taken into consideration.

How anyone can argue that Scotland, next season, will be better off if Russell Martin is playing in a promotion-chasing championship Norwich side rather than a relegation-threatened premier league Norwich is beyond me.

If the argument is to for Strachan to be picking 'confident players who are winning most games' then Lee Wallace, Danny Wilson, Andy Halliday, Barrie Mackay and Kenny Miller should be walking into the team. Think this board - quite rightly - would go into meltdown if that happened.

Rhodes on bench again, strange.

Not for Karanka according to the local press. Has a habit of working new signings into his system/philosophy etc. Also says he needs them to understand they dont just waltz in, and that he still retains faith in the current players. Not sure of his formations throughout the season but started away at MK Dons tonight with 'lone striker' Nugent. 0-1down.

He did pretty well at Wolves - I'm sure he will be back for a second go in England soon and with a much better pedigree behind him after his exploits at Celtic.

Any lower half EPL team will be looking at goalscorers like him at the moment I would expect; Swansea, Newcastle etc.

He was playing in the third tier of English football when Celtic signed him. No EPL side would be remotely interested in signing him.

He was playing in the third tier of English football when Celtic signed him. No EPL side would be remotely interested in signing him.

Disagree. I think if Griffiths wanted to leave then struggling EPL sides would be interested. He has improved a lot during his time at Celtic.

Also deserves more of a chance with our national side.