Scotland Players In Action - Page 175 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players In Action

kmcca5

10 minutes ago, LewisEDI said:

never seen him play but its a joke mclair coming out with shite like he could play for scotland now. aye ok mate he can just skip the queue after 1 sub appearance in one of the worst man utd teams in the last 40 years 

It was a daft thing to say.  It probably says more about our right-back options than Love's ability. 

I hope he proves me wrong, but I'm not sure Love is going to  make it at the top level.  It is great that he is getting a chance at Man Utd but I feel that if the manager left this week, he'd never get another chance.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, LewisEDI said:

never seen him play but its a joke mclair coming out with shite like he could play for scotland now. aye ok mate he can just skip the queue after 1 sub appearance in one of the worst man utd teams in the last 40 years 

I've no idea what this guy is like or whether he's good enough but I will say two things, until he took the job with the SFA, McClair was running the Man Utd academy so I'd say he is uniquely qualified to comment on his ability.  Secondly, there is no queue, f someone comes in from left field who is better than they other candidates they should go straight into the squad. 

27 minutes ago, aaid said:

I've no idea what this guy is like or whether he's good enough but I will say two things, until he took the job with the SFA, McClair was running the Man Utd academy so I'd say he is uniquely qualified to comment on his ability.  Secondly, there is no queue, f someone comes in from left field who is better than they other candidates they should go straight into the squad. 

Are you trying to suggest that Brian McClair is some how a better judge of the player than the experts on here who saw him play 45 mins of football v Sunderland and weren't aware he existed prior to Saturday lunchtime? Madness.

Well he can't be any worse than Hutton in recent games for us. Give the boy a chance he has had 1 start and 1 sub apperence and he is being written off already. I'm not saying he is the new messi but I am willing to see how things pan out for him

27 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Are you trying to suggest that Brian McClair is some how a better judge of the player than the experts on here who saw him play 45 mins of football v Sunderland and weren't aware he existed prior to Saturday lunchtime? Madness.

I hope that wasn't aimed at me :lol:

I've been following his progress since I first became aware of him in around 2008 when he was in the under 15s squad (I think) that played against USA at Manchester City.

Earlier this season he was at Wigan and wasn't really impressing there.  I thought he may have moved there or to that level permanently in January.  I am very surprised that Man Utd have been playing him.  I know this is a terrible, injury hit Man Utd side, but they must be really struggling.  

Like I said, I hope he proves me wrong but I can't see him being a regular international player.  

1 hour ago, wanderer said:

Steven Fletcher starting for Marseille v Athletic Bilbao 

The French commentators are going on about how the scottish league is a bit rougher and it's harder to get carded. Then a few mins later Craig Thomson denies a stonewaller penalty. QED

Fletcher not had a lot of chances but when he does get a bit of the ball he looks not bad. Should have scored in the first half.

Half time at Deepdale. Bannan has looked okay. He is always trying to get on the ball but not managed to make an impact other than his booking. Another foul and he could see red. Sheff Wed fans do like him. 

Paul Gallagher has been the best player on the pitch. The game should be over but Preston haven't taken their chances. 3-0 would not flatter them. 

Edited by PASTA Mick

1 hour ago, PASTA Mick said:

Half time at Deepdale. Bannan has looked okay. He is always trying to get on the ball but not managed to make an impact other than his booking. Another foul and he could see red. Sheff Wed fans do like him. 

Paul Gallagher has been the best player on the pitch. The game should be over but Preston haven't taken their chances. 3-0 would not flatter them. 

Bannan was non-existent in the second half. Sheff Wed were surprisingly poor.

Jordan Archer made save of the season (just seen on SSN). 

4 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Or hanging out in a nightclub near you.

Hes too wee for night clubs

4 hours ago, kmcca5 said:

if he's lucky!

Sadly he will probablyu end up moving for decent money to the championship. Absolute imposter of a footballer