Scotland Players In Action - Page 180 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players In Action

kmcca5

20 minutes ago, Gala Tartan Army (Borders) said:

Snodgrass played left midfield and Robertson left back, both worked well together - all Hull's attacking play came down the left.Would make sense to keep together with Scotland. Robertson didnt have too much to do defensively against Forest but looked solid enough.

Didn't watch game tonight so not sure how they fared but see Rhodes didnt score again. Think only scored once since arriving at Middlesboro.

I watched the match and the standard was brutal. Snodgrass missed a good chance. None of our lot really impressed, but nobody did really. 

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stopped off at the Middlesbrough v Hull game on my journey north for Sunday's derby. Pretty dire game. I thought Andy Robertson did well first half, was quieter second, McGregor didn't really have anything to do and Snodgrass was ok too. I felt sorry for Rhodes. He is playing in a team that doesn't create a lot of chances and he had little support. Didn't look happy.

I was baffled when Liam Bridcutt & Liam Cooper were selected in the Scotland squad as I didn't know that they had Scottish connections & they are just run of the mill Championship players. Seeing them on a regular basis as a Leeds United supporter I'm not happy that WGS has sunk to this level for players. Cooper was only a substitute today & is in & out of the team. What makes it all the more baffling is that someone like Ross McCormack has been over looked again. I love the wee man but I'm worried about the direction we are heading when mediocre players like them are selected.

1 hour ago, YORKIE PAM said:

I was baffled when Liam Bridcutt & Liam Cooper were selected in the Scotland squad as I didn't know that they had Scottish connections & they are just run of the mill Championship players. Seeing them on a regular basis as a Leeds United supporter I'm not happy that WGS has sunk to this level for players. Cooper was only a substitute today & is in & out of the team. What makes it all the more baffling is that someone like Ross McCormack has been over looked again. I love the wee man but I'm worried about the direction we are heading when mediocre players like them are selected.

Unfortunately it's where we are, particularly with centre halves.  Anyhow I see Rotherham are enjoying a renaissance under Warnock, can't be long before we see Broadfoot back in the squad.  As far McCormack is concerned I'm a fan as well but am rather concerned where his club might finish up next season.

3 hours ago, YORKIE PAM said:

I was baffled when Liam Bridcutt & Liam Cooper were selected in the Scotland squad as I didn't know that they had Scottish connections & they are just run of the mill Championship players. 

You were baffled when Liam Bridcutt was called up even though he'd actually been capped three years ago. 

37 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Bardsley has hardly played for Stoke this season, we shouldnt be calling up reserve team players IMO.

In terms of general sentiment I'd agree but we'd be running out of right backs as Whittaker hasn't exactly been playing much either.

On 19/03/2016 at 8:59 PM, Hertsscot said:

Unfortunately it's where we are, particularly with centre halves.  Anyhow I see Rotherham are enjoying a renaissance under Warnock, can't be long before we see Broadfoot back in the squad.  As far McCormack is concerned I'm a fan as well but am rather concerned where his club might finish up next season.

If Fulham are relegated there's no way that Ross will be there next season & I doubt if he will be even if they stay up.

22 hours ago, aaid said:

You were baffled when Liam Bridcutt was called up even though he'd actually been capped three years ago. 

Must my bad memory then as I don't remember that, I probably wasn't aware of him at that time.

• 2 weeks later...

Having watched Boro a fair few times when Rhodes plays, I don't understand why he was signed. I like him, but he simply doesn't fit in to the system Boro (or Scotland) tend to play. Good for the squad, though.

If he can learn to play as the one up front under Karanka, it can only be good for Scotland. If not, then so be it - at least he's in an environment in which he is given the opportunity to develop into a role which fits into the way that Scotland manager sets up the national team. If strachan is going to play one up front regularly, I'd rather Rhodes was learning how to play like that under a better manager than Strachan.

Boro were apparently after McCormack too, and may still go for him in the next window, irrespective of the division in which they are.

36 minutes ago, macy37 said:

How long does Gauld continue playing in the b team?

Is it actually good for him?

I wonder if he trains with the first team on a regular basis as playing for and only training with the B team in the long term cant be good for him and his development

I imagine a loan move to a team in Spain / Portugal / Italy would be better for him, doesn't need to be a top team just a team playing in the top division where he will get game time