Scotland Players In Action - Page 182 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players In Action

kmcca5

4 hours ago, Parklife said:

As i've said on here many times, Scott Allan isn't very good. That's probably why he doesn't get a sniff of a game. A few look away passes doesn't make him brilliant. 

player of the year when at hibs, loads of assists (remember when u though he only had something like 2) and when he has played for celtic he has setup plenty of chances got assists and the fans mostly cant understand for the life of them why he cant get a game, So i  really don't know how you can think he is a poor player. 

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/3/2016 at 10:45 AM, borojock said:

hes still got time on his side could be in our national team for another 14 years but its a bit of a set back that hes not playing or even regularly involved in the first team. This perhaps says a even more so about our national youth set up at club and national level where the great hope of Scottish football cant get first team football at one of the second to third level club sides - little bit depressing

I think even he is doubting if he made the right move now. A week or two ago Gauld was in the press saying that he feels he has fallen out of favour at Sporting since the new manager took over. Also he has said that Sporting are refusing to loan him out either.

These reports sum up his situation:-

http://desporto.sapo.pt/futebol/primeira_liga/artigo/2016/04/04/augusto-inacio-ryan-gauld-e-um-grande-talento-que-precisa-de-ser-desenvolvido

http://desporto.sapo.pt/futebol/primeira_liga/artigo/2016/03/31/ryan-gauld-nao-era-isto-que-eu-esperava

your Portuguese must be pretty handy, but yes it isn't looking the best at the moment for him. He really does need a loan move for next season  cant see sporting letting him go on a free and no willing to pay what sporting will want for him. A move to a Spanish or Italian top division team would be good.

Notice on MOTD they were praising Darren Fletcher yesterday I think hes got a massive role to play in the upcoming campaign

Some people need to give Gauld a break. He has played almost every game for Sporting B this season, more than he played last season. If come the end of next season he isnt getting a sniff of the first team then maybe its time to move on but he still has time on his side and must be rated at Sporting if starting for B side every week.

I'm clearly missing something here re Sporting B.

I just can't see what others are. They are mid table in not a great league while he performs in front on 400 people.

The majority of the players in that league will go no higher.

What am I missing?

22 minutes ago, macy37 said:

I'm clearly missing something here re Sporting B.

I just can't see what others are. They are mid table in not a great league while he performs in front on 400 people.

The majority of the players in that league will go no higher.

What am I missing?

It's hard to gauge to be honest but it is a concern that he hasn't broken into the first team yet. A loan back to Scotland would be very disappointing to see. Here's hoping next season he can get more game time for the first team over there - We need more Scots playing abroad.

Ive always been surprised strachen hasn't tested McCormack more in friendlies and lower opposition, when your scoring that many goals over a consistent basis in a decent league it is some achievement. Im guessing he doesn't fit into Strachens tactics of one up front he is a bgger guy and can hold it up but he defo gives us something different when we need to change tactics.

2 hours ago, Bannannan said:

Tierney in,but Brown out .

Tierney represents the future alright.

As for Brown, loved watching him play in the past but he's been declining at an alarming rate over the last eighteen months or so for club and country. A good step forward for Strachan will be recognising it's time to drop one of his big favourites. He can start with Brown, he's had it.