Scotland Players In Action - Page 184 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players In Action

kmcca5

4 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

He's from Bellshill. Has hardly played for Leeds since he went down there last year. Should have stayed at Motherwell.

I'd forgotten about him, looked really promising last season, apart from his interview skills. Can take a punch too...

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, Parklife said:

Ignore him. He's nothing but a troll. Every post he makes is trolling me. :lol: 

You are obsessed with me. You think everything revolves around you ya walloper. Anyway to the question; 

1. Andy Robertson

2. Keiran Tierney 

3. Steve Whittaker 

4. Lee Wallace 

5. Phil Bardsley 

6. Barry Douglas 

7. Stephen Kingsley 

8. Liam Palmer 

9. Emilio MacEachen 

10. Charlie Mulgrew 

11. Graeme Shinnie 

12. Craig Forsyth 

13. Stephen Hendrie 

There you go. The above list is not in order and is off top of my head so there is probably others missed but just shows the strength of left backs currently, and coming through. Shinnie is at best somewhere in the middle of that list currently. Apology please knob head?

1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

I'd forgotten about him, looked really promising last season, apart from his interview skills. Can take a punch too...

He certainly seems to have screwed the nut has featured a bit more recently and is still very highly thought of at Elland Rd.  He can definitely be in with a shout of Scotland honours in the future if he progresses. 

1 hour ago, zahana-oni said:

You are obsessed with me. You think everything revolves around you ya walloper. Anyway to the question; 

1. Andy Robertson

2. Keiran Tierney 

3. Steve Whittaker 

4. Lee Wallace 

5. Phil Bardsley 

6. Barry Douglas 

7. Stephen Kingsley 

8. Liam Palmer 

9. Emilio MacEachen 

10. Charlie Mulgrew 

11. Graeme Shinnie 

12. Craig Forsyth 

13. Stephen Hendrie 

There you go. The above list is not in order and is off top of my head so there is probably others missed but just shows the strength of left backs currently, and coming through. Shinnie is at best somewhere in the middle of that list currently. Apology please knob head?

With you, it does always revolve around me... Here's a link to your posting history, every second post is trolling me or giving me abuse. 

http://tartanarmyboard.co.uk/forum/index.php?/profile/16407-zahana-oni/&do=content&type=forums_topic_post&change_section=1

You can try and act the hardman on here and call me names all you like, it bothers me not one iota. We both know you're just a sad wee man giving abuse on the internet because he knows there will be no repercussions. 

You can disagree about Shinnie all you like, it's possible to do so without playing the hardman and acting like a total khunt though. You should try being less of an aggressive wee whank sometimes, as no one is buying the hardman act wee man :ok: 

17 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

He's from Bellshill. Has hardly played for Leeds since he went down there last year. Should have stayed at Motherwell.

Ahh fair doos, duno why I thought he was English. Lookes ok last year,see if he gets some more game time next year

James McArthur has returned from injury to be on the bench for Palace tonight which is good news. They had originally said he'd miss the whole of the season too.

Would be good to see him get a couple of games in for Palace and then be in the squad for the games against France and Italy. 

Edited by ErsatzThistle

16 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

James McArthur has returned from injury to be on the bench for Palace tonight which is good news. They had originally said he'd miss the whole of the season too.

Would be good to see him get a couple of games in for Palace and then be in the squad for the games against France and Italy. 

In the last year or so there's been quite a bit of criticism here about Scot Brown and some saying he should step down.

I wondered who might be the best placed to replace him. Is McArthur possibly the one if/when it happens ?

19 minutes ago, fringo said:

In the last year or so there's been quite a bit of criticism here about Scot Brown and some saying he should step down.

I wondered who might be the best placed to replace him. Is McArthur possibly the one if/when it happens ?

McArthur would be my choice. Brown has had his day. Only wish Strachan would see it that way.

Indeed it only seems to be those fans with green tinted specs on that demand Brown's inclusion in the Scotland team these days.

He was a good player in the past but he's done now.

Personally I think Brown's got a few more Scotland years in him (I'm no Celtic fan) despite his forming dipping.

Most players have good & bad spells and I think he'll be back.

On recent form though, I'd rather have D Fletcher playing if it was a choice between the two.

Although McArthur was the one I was thinking of too in the longer term if Brown leaves or gets dropped.

Guest allyc
14 hours ago, zahana-oni said:

1. Andy Robertson

2. Keiran Tierney 

3. Steve Whittaker 

4. Lee Wallace 

5. Phil Bardsley 

6. Barry Douglas 

7. Stephen Kingsley 

8. Liam Palmer 

9. Emilio MacEachen 

10. Charlie Mulgrew 

11. Graeme Shinnie 

12. Craig Forsyth 

13. Stephen Hendrie 

I bet u studied Wikipedia for hours in order to come up with that list.

10 hours ago, fringo said:

McArthur should've been a first pick for us 18 months ago. He's far more effective than Scott Brown in a holding role and his ball retention is a much better passer of the ball. His positional discipline is pretty good ( i doubt we'd have conceded against Georgia or continually looked so open to counter attacks). 

Guest allyc

In all truth I've not even heard of all the players on the off the top of your head list.if Scotland is such a hot bed if football talent and shinnie only 11th on your list,we should have no problems finishing top of our next world cup qualifying group.

40 minutes ago, Parklife said:

McArthur should've been a first pick for us 18 months ago. He's far more effective than Scott Brown in a holding role and his ball retention is a much better passer of the ball. His positional discipline is pretty good ( i doubt we'd have conceded against Georgia or continually looked so open to counter attacks).

Agree there. I think if we'd had McArthur & Fletcher in the middle for the latter part of the campaign we wouldn't have finished 4th.

Barring a massive improvement Brown deserves to be dropped...

1 hour ago, allyc said:

In all truth I've not even heard of all the players on the off the top of your head list.if Scotland is such a hot bed if football talent and shinnie only 11th on your list,we should have no problems finishing top of our next world cup qualifying group.

Can I ask who you haven't heard of on that list? I'm guessing you don't follow the national team or general football that much? That's not meant as a jab, just surprised 

Guest allyc
5 hours ago, zahana-oni said:

Can I ask who you haven't heard of on that list? I'm guessing you don't follow the national team or general football that much? That's not meant as a jab, just surprised 

I think you are trying to sound far more informed than you actually are for some unbeknown reason to anyone but yourself...

8 hours ago, Parklife said:

Add Polands first goal and 2 of Germany's goals in both the Hampden games to that. It's gutting to say it but he's arguably responsible for us fkin that campaign up with him wandering out of position. I'm convinced strachan knows all of these goals could have been avoided and brown was a major reason they were conceded. He has a problem though as its Scott brown the Celtic captain 

Guest allyc
14 hours ago, zahana-oni said:

Given 12 out of the 13 names have been capped at main or youth level then no. It's hardly like the players mentioned are unknowns 

Rather than having a superior knowledge of Scottish footballers as you are trying to portray.I think I may know where you got your list from...fifa 16 ultimate team by chance??my son has just been playing that very game.am I correct??

11 hours ago, allyc said:

Rather than having a superior knowledge of Scottish footballers as you are trying to portray.I think I may know where you got your list from...fifa 16 ultimate team by chance??my son has just been playing that very game.am I correct??

Never played fifa in my life.

It's hardly trying to display a superior knowledge?? 8 of the 13 players have been in the scotland first team squad. 3 others have been involved in the under 21s/19s etc. Only 2 players on the list have never had any sort of cap for Scotland I believe - Douglas and MacEachen. Given how much Douglas has been spoken about on here, I assume you have heard of him. That leaves 1 player that you may not have heard of?? How is that trying to display superior knowledge.