Scotland Players In Action - Page 185 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players In Action

kmcca5

Guest allyc
10 hours ago, zahana-oni said:

Never played fifa in my life.

It's hardly trying to display a superior knowledge?? 8 of the 13 players have been in the scotland first team squad. 3 others have been involved in the under 21s/19s etc. Only 2 players on the list have never had any sort of cap for Scotland I believe - Douglas and MacEachen. Given how much Douglas has been spoken about on here, I assume you have heard of him. That leaves 1 player that you may not have heard of?? How is that trying to display superior knowledge. 

Putting this in context you have come out with a list of left backs whom features at least 2 players I have never heard off in my life.a list which you rank shinnie,arguably one of the best players in Scotland in the last 2 years at number eleven.this is an off the top of your head list and having a quick check with friends and colleagues who all attend football on a regular basis have funnily enough failed to recognise all of the players on your list.you then have the cheek to say that I cannot be much of a fan if I don't recognise who Emilio maceachan is??I think your havering I load of utter pish in order to sound more informed than you actually are.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, YORKIE PAM said:

Been to Hull with Leeds United with the bonus of seeing 3 Scotland players in action. Good result for United and an assist for Snoddy and a penalty save from McGregor.

There was more than 3. 

I counted 5. 

20 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Barry Bannan and Ross McCormack were both named in the PFA Championship Team of the Year,

In Bannan's case, 100% deserved. Has been imperious all season.  On the verge of the play-offs. Won't be out of his depth in the Premiership

51 minutes ago, sheffieldblue said:

In Bannan's case, 100% deserved. Has been imperious all season.  On the verge of the play-offs. Won't be out of his depth in the Premiership

Not sure about that. I remember when Graham Dorrans was the stand out player in the Championship but maybe never quite made the transition from being outstanding at that level to an EPL regular.  Weds look certain to make the play offs but from a Scotland point of view I'd prefer to see Hull get promotion.  Still a good season for the Owls, must be very pleased with their progress.

13 hours ago, sheffieldblue said:

We'll see. He certainly was when he was at Villa and Palace. 

21 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

I thought he was decent when he was at Villa. Seem to remember being quite impressed by him from what I saw. Don't remember much of his time at Palace, he did seem to be struggling at that point.

He did reasonably okay and looked like a prospect when he first came into the Villa first team but faded badly after his first season.  Holloway - who had previously signed him on loan at Blackpool - signed him at Palace but he got punted shortly after and Pulis and then Pardew didn't fancy him at all. 

24 minutes ago, aaid said:

He did reasonably okay and looked like a prospect when he first came into the Villa first team but faded badly after his first season.  Holloway - who had previously signed him on loan at Blackpool - signed him at Palace but he got punted shortly after and Pulis and then Pardew didn't fancy him at all. 

Pullis and Pardew .Both brilliant coaches.:P

41 minutes ago, Bannannan said:

Pullis and Pardew .Both brilliant coaches.:P

Yeah because Pulis did such a shit job at Stoke and now is doing terribly at WBA. 

As for Pardew, look at the difference between Newcastle before and after he left. 

You might not like them as individuals or like their style but you can't say they are not good managers.