Scotland Players In Action - Page 192 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players In Action

kmcca5

12 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

If only he was just a few years younger :(  He'll be thirty one in a few days time ! Only ever got the one cap.

Should have been tried out more during his good spells at Sunderland and Preston. 

There was a couple of seasons when he was at Preston where he should have been in the team. Great left foot. 

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

If only he was just a few years younger :(  He'll be thirty one in a few days time ! Only ever got the one cap.

Should have been tried out more during his good spells at Sunderland and Preston. 

agreed, nice left foot.

certainly no worse than who we had used in that time.

3 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

McGinn had a good game and Henderson was the difference when he came on.

Wallace and McKay were ineffective. 

I think the commentator said something like: this guy Henderson's good at delivering the corners, and next thing, it's assist for Stokes, and 10 mins later, for Gray

22 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

McGinn had a good game and Henderson was the difference when he came on.

Wallace and McKay were ineffective. 

McKay moves like a greased whippet on jet-powered roller skates but - going by yesterday anyway - his final delivery looks quite poor.  I don't know if he's always like that though.

Now, if he could cross it as well as Ross Wallace we might have a player on our hands.

2 hours ago, thewelk said:

Fletcher got a good 60 minutes of the French cup final last night. Probably touched the ball about 3 times.

Any with his right foot?

5 minutes ago, Paulo2576 said:

They're hardly queuing up behind him are they? I'm all for exploring other options but to tell, in my opinion, our best forward that he's surplus to requirements is ludicrous. 

Twenty six caps and eight goals seems fair enough .................

But six of them were against mighty Gibraltar for christs sake. 

7 minutes ago, scotlad said:

I would too, in an ideal world, but who've we got that's any better?

Whilst I'm not saying they are much better, we need to give Griffith's and McCormack a proper run of games from the start to see what they can do. We won't see them at their best if they just get twenty minutes off the bench.

Just now, ErsatzThistle said:

Whilst I'm not saying they are much better, we need to give Griffith's and McCormack a proper run of games from the start to see what they can do. We won't see them at their best if they just get twenty minutes off the bench.

How many of Fletchers caps were off the bench when kenny miler was the starter? I'll bet about only half of his are from the start? Im sure everyone was screaming for fletcher to play when Miller was everyones favourite target.

Im not saying he's kenny dalglish but he has had some fantastic all round games for scotland and has a better technique than anyone we have, bar maybe maloney. Now, none of this detracts he needs to score more goals but there is no way he shouldn't be in our squad every time. Personally don't think Griffiths looks good enough but have been a fan of mcormack for years.

46 minutes ago, Paulo2576 said:

How many of Fletchers caps were off the bench when kenny miler was the starter? I'll bet about only half of his are from the start? Im sure everyone was screaming for fletcher to play when Miller was everyones favourite target.

Im not saying he's kenny dalglish but he has had some fantastic all round games for scotland and has a better technique than anyone we have, bar maybe maloney. Now, none of this detracts he needs to score more goals but there is no way he shouldn't be in our squad every time. Personally don't think Griffiths looks good enough but have been a fan of mcormack for years.

Are you Fletcher's agent or a friend of the family ?

If you are, then tell him from me that he needs to stop taking about three hours to decide on what foot he's shooting with and stop those stupid flicks he's always trying (and failing) to pull off. Cost us certain goals against Georgia and Ireland at home thanks to the aforementioned.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

12 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Are you Fletcher's agent or a friend of the family ?

If you are, then tell him he needs to stop taking about three hours to decide on what foot he's shooting with and stop those stupid flicks he's always trying (and failing) to pull off. Cost us certain goals against Georgia and Ireland at home thanks to the aforementioned.

Yeah I'll tell him. Yo just keep hating half the scotland team.

7 minutes ago, Paulo2576 said:

Yeah I'll tell him. Yo just keep hating half the scotland team.

When did Steven Fletcher become half the Scotland team ? :lol:

I don't hate him, I just think he's very overrated and isn't very good.

My hate is reserved for Robbie Savage, Nacho Novo and Kyle Lafferty :ok:

7 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

When did Steven Fletcher become half the Scotland team ? :lol:

I don't hate him, I just think he's very overrated and isn't very good.

My hate is reserved for Robbie Savage, Nacho Novo and Kyle Lafferty :ok:

Apologies if Im wrong, do you not normally call for the careers of Brown, Hutton, Whittaker, Greer, Mulgrew, Maloney etc to come to an end as well as Fletchers?

My opinion is that  Fletcher is an excellent football player.

4 minutes ago, Paulo2576 said:

Apologies if Im wrong, do you not normally call for the careers of Brown, Hutton, Whittaker, Greer, Mulgrew, Maloney etc to come to an end as well as Fletchers?

My opinion is that  Fletcher is an excellent football player.

What's wrong with wanting certain players retired/not picked anymore ? 

That doesn't mean I hate them. I'm grateful for everything they have done in the past, particularly Brown who used to be a favourite of mine. I just think they are all either too old (Maloney) or their form is in sharp decline (Brown) and offer very little now. They should be replaced with younger players. Some people of course take a flakey when their favourites are dropped ........

I don't want us to go down the Craig Brown road again and keep guys on until they are thirty-eight years old purely because they "never let us down in the past", "they always turned up for the friendlies" or "I just know they've got one more campaign left in them". That strategy is daft and we paid a heavy, miserable price for it in the past.

"Fletcher is an excellent football player". Better check your refreshment, I think someone's slipped something into it.

2 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Griffiths has found his level and it.s not good enough for international football. How on earth we have not noticed McCormack before now is shocking but he and Fletcher are the best available unless Watt or someone else improves dramatically. 

14 minutes ago, Paulo2576 said:

I agree with everything you have said there in principal, although not necessarily regarding those players mentioned. I just think its uncool to articulate this by ridiculing them and saying they are useless.

You don't think anyone should offer even the slightest criticism of the players or manager ? That's basic human nature.

If someone is useless, then they are useless. No point sugar coating it. Alan Hutton for example has been useless for the last two years now.

Ach whatever man. I just don't get the need to come on with the snide comments about some of our players, nothing wrong with criticism of course, just some people seem to rejoice in slagging our players. Hutton still our best right back too!!

5 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

You don't think anyone should offer even the slightest criticism of the players or manager ? That's basic human nature.

If someone is useless, then they are useless. No point sugar coating it. Alan Hutton for example has been useless for the last two years now.

Best of a bad lot I'm afraid. Criticising players for doing their best is a bit pointless. Criticising the manager however is totally different 

49 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I'd be very surprised if Greg Kiltie doesn't earn full caps. 

He was excellent yesterday. Although he was playing against a Falkirk side which massively shat it.