Scotland Players In Action - Page 193 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players In Action

kmcca5

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I'd be very surprised if Greg Kiltie doesn't earn full caps. 

agreed

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

He was excellent yesterday. Although he was playing against a Falkirk side which massively shat it. 

also agreed.

Shocked at how poor Falkirk were, their form had been excellent towards the end of the season then through the play offs. 

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 22/05/2016 at 4:28 PM, scotlad said:

McKay moves like a greased whippet on jet-powered roller skates but - going by yesterday anyway - his final delivery looks quite poor.  I don't know if he's always like that though.

Now, if he could cross it as well as Ross Wallace we might have a player on our hands.

Any with his right foot?

Mckays delivery is never that good, still not convinced with him at all.

S. fletcher is not and has never been a big goal scorer. To play him alk the time when he isnt known for goals is a bit pointless

• 3 months later...
On 17 January 2016 at 9:20 PM, Notts Bankie said:

No way.

He's 18. He hasn't played half a dozen Championship games - but I will say this; he's strong as an ox, he's tall (over 6ft), and his frame and arms are massive. He looks like a boxer - for a winger he's big, powerful and he is very quick. Watch his goal v Bolton - that's a winger coming in and scoring a really good goal.

Strachan and Gemmil are tracking him closely - WGS has been at the City Ground a few times this season - but the lad has shown with every game the improving potential that he has. But he's very raw.

I'd skip the U19s and get him in the U21s, nowhere near the full team. I think next season he will have a lot of clubs looking in on him. But let's not get carried away.

I was right about the "a lot of clubs looking in on him", but pretty sure the "let's not get carried away" hasn't happened.........

Hutton, Hankey, Martin all substitutes at weekend. Anya not even on bench. Defence looking weak.

On a personal level was impressed with Paterson on Saturday. First time I've watched him in the flesh. I'd have him as starting RB. Soutter also looked decent at CH and Hamilton at GK.

4 hours ago, Alan said:

Hutton, Hankey, Martin all substitutes at weekend. Anya not even on bench. Defence looking weak.

On a personal level was impressed with Paterson on Saturday. First time I've watched him in the flesh. I'd have him as starting RB. Soutter also looked decent at CH and Hamilton at GK.

The darts player?

2 hours ago, girvanTA said:

I would be very disappointed if Burke, Paterson and Griffiths never got any game time against Malta. These 3 players need to be involved

I would be extremely disappointed if Griffiths didn't start the game.

The guys been banging them in for 2-3 years and is on fire just now. There's also no-one close to challenge him IMO.

So no doubt Strachan will pick S Fletcher again.:(

19 hours ago, Return of Yermaw said:

You were way off about him being nowhere near the full squad though..........

No, I said that I wouldn't have him near the full team last season, and have him into the U21s. Not that he was incapable - rather that he hadn't even played 15 games of senior football at that stage. 

Just now, LewisEDI said:

can just picture how the game is going to go. georgia all over again 

Yep, slow pace, commentators saying it's understandable in the heat, few chances created and depressing scoreline of 0-0 at half time with the second half starting off in much the same way...

2 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Yep, slow pace, commentators saying it's understandable in the heat, few chances created and depressing scoreline of 0-0 at half time with the second half starting off in much the same way...

yep. "is it time to look to that young man burke at this stage already?" "well i think we have to do something to change it, there's little movement, penetraction,  fletcher hasnt had anything to work with" etc 

• 1 month later...