Scotland Players In Action - Page 29 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players In Action

kmcca5

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barry Bannan has been Palace's best player this first half v Dover. Playing deep CM, so getting plenty of the ball and creating chances.

Is this him a fixture in the team under the new manager, or is he playing in a weakened team for the Cup? Really hoping it's the former.

Is this him a fixture in the team under the new manager, or is he playing in a weakened team for the Cup? Really hoping it's the former.

The latter sadly.

Colin was a hoofball devotee. Hardly ever played Bannan. Pardew isn't much better.

The wee man has to get the hell out of there.

The latter sadly.

Colin flower pot was a hoofball devotee. Hardly ever played Bannan. Pardew isn't much better.

The wee man has to get the hell out of there.

He should try finding a club in Portugal, Spain or Italy. His game is so much more suited to those leagues.

You should do comedy.

Brighton currently a "good side" ? I'll have some of what your smoking. Take a look at where they are in the Championship and how they have played this season they've been dire.

And aye, potentially picking League One defenders are the way to go alright. Crazy logic.

And Greer's "excelled" at championship level ? Once again :rollsmile: Maybe if they had someone other than Greer in central defence they'd be in the Premier League by now.

Youngsters should always get priority over the creaking old journeymen. :wave:

Sorry but you talk dross.

You are reading far too much into what team a player is playing for and not enough into how he does in a Scotland shirt which is all we should be interested in. He has what? Five caps and three of those matches we have kept clean sheets with him at the heart of the defence. Sorry but that means he is no liability otherwise he would have had us leaking goals.

I really do not give a flying f*** where or who our players play their club football for as long as they are doing a good job for us. Look at past Northern Ireland scoring machine Healey. Jeez he spent the vast majority of his career in lower league football but he scored 36 goals for them beating our record goalscorer. Point proven.

Edited by Caledonian Craig

Thing is, I do not think Greer is keeping anyone of note out of the squad.

Mark Reynolds maybe (but I think Greer just pips him) and after this I can not really think of anyone......

Of the names mentioned elsewhere, Liam Cooper has only been at Leeds 5 minutes after signing from Chesterfield, so he has only come into contention in recent months and suspect he has a good chance of being in the next squad (along with Greer).

When Hearts get back into the SPL I suspect Danny Wilson will play his way into Strachans plans, but at the minute he will have to wait (any time Strachan has dipped out of the SPL for a player (ie Rangers players) he has come into some flak over it (even Callum Paterson inclusion caused some debate), but at the moment I do not think Greer is keeping him out of the squad.

Just now we have Hanley, Martin, Berra and Greer, and to be honest, one thing we have been lucky with is not to have any major problems with players injured or suspended at the back, so chances for anyone to get a call up are really limited, as we can not just fill the team with central defenders, when having 4 or 5 in a 20-24 man squad will be more than enough.

After this there really isn't anyone sticking out.