Anya -- Not Scottish - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Anya -- Not Scottish

JagDude

I go to Scotland games with a friend who was born in Liverpool and stayed there till he was 4. Moved to Glasgow and has pretty much stayed there since. His dad's Scottish but his mum's English. He supports Scotland but likes to see England doing well. If he had been good enough to play professional football, should he have to declare who he wants to play for when he turns professional, as some people were suggesting on another thread? Or does he keep his options open?

No because fifa will never introduce that.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I go to Scotland games with a friend who was born in Liverpool and stayed there till he was 4. Moved to Glasgow and has pretty much stayed there since. His dad's Scottish but his mum's English. He supports Scotland but likes to see England doing well. If he had been good enough to play professional football, should he have to declare who he wants to play for when he turns professional, as some people were suggesting on another thread? Or does he keep his options open?

He's English

Close this thread. No comparison between anya and Ritchie

Agreed.

I think there is a failing in our youth development that we need to turn to people who have never wanted to represent Scotland. But frankly weeding out those who do or don't when our squad is thin would require Thought Police. Accepting it until we see how hard he tries to play in a Scotland shirt is the lesser of the two evils. From what I can see Anya wants to represent Scotland, because of so many reason, like one being a Scottish National (don't give a fok if he's a mixture of cultures - all the better for him). I'm happy to give Matt Richie a go. And if he doesn't put in the same shift as everyone else, then he doesn't get a game.

Edited by Tartan_Wolf

I'd rather we had no Glaswegians in the team.

All of the support comes from the North East, the players should too IMO my opinion.

As a non-Glaswegian, that wouldn't bother me.

However, the games will be played in Glasgow and North East teams don't have a great record there.

We want to qualify for France, not learn how to lose 9-0. :wave:

I'm just trying to work out the mental rules. So born in Scotland and raised to 7 is cool. What if born in Scotland and raised to 7 but considers themselves french? Scottish or not?

erhhmm i think if you are born somewhere that makes you from that place, maybe not in bermuda though

I'd rather we had no Glaswegians in the team.

All of the support comes from the North East, the players should too IMO my opinion.

No voting North East folk? Probably have them involved in Rio next year for Team GB

Not sure if MODS will permit this post but lets see.....

Think Anya has been chosen here as an example because his colour....

My point here is this,

In the stand in Dortmund the guy behind me says to his mate"we have a good little darky there"

Now in that context was that a racist comment or not ??

Not sure if MODS will permit this post but lets see.....

Think Anya has been chosen here as an example because his colour....

My point here is this,

In the stand in Dortmund the guy behind me says to his mate"we have a good little darky there"

Now in that context was that a racist comment or not ??

:Tumbleweed-2: