Scott Arfield Wanted By Canada - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scott Arfield Wanted By Canada

wanderer

• 9 months later...
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's been playing well for Burnley, yet for some reason nobody has bothered to update this thread since March. If the news reports are true, your loss Scotland fans!

We will gladly take Arfield. He's almost certain to be a starter for Canada.

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/soccer/canada+soccer+boost+scott+arfield+steven+vit%C3%B3ria+will+wear/11627525/story.html

He's been playing well for Burnley, yet for some reason nobody has bothered to update this thread since March. If the news reports are true, your loss Scotland fans!

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/soccer/canada+soccer+boost+scott+arfield+steven+vit%C3%B3ria+will+wear/11627525/story.html

It really isn't a loss to us. Good luck to him with Canada.

There are about half a dozen other midfielders ahead of him in the pecking order.

Arfield's a decent player but you won't see anyone over here getting depressed over losing him to Canada. We have plenty of other options.

Good luck to him and Canada.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

He's waited a long time for his chance, never really got one and it's probably about right given players ahead of him.

He's a decent player but on a par with many who don't get a look in. If he can benefit Canada and wants to play for them then all the best to them both.

I rate Arfield and think GS should give him a chance.

I don't get why people keep saying we don't need any players in midfield.

We concede far to many goals and yes we did score a few more goals in the last campaign but

We didn't keep the clean sheets and are midfield is as much at fault as the defence.

They didn't track the runners or help the defence when we needed it.

They struggle to keep the ball and win it in key areas.

The way things have gone of late he probably has more chance of him playing in a major tournament finals if he goes with Canada than if he sticks with Scotland.

A good player, but no better than that our current batch of midfielders, IMHO. How old is he though, out of interest?

The way things have gone of late he probably has more chance of him playing in a major tournament finals if he goes with Canada than if he sticks with Scotland.

A good player, but no better than that our current batch of midfielders, IMHO. How old is he though, out of interest?

Twenty seven.

Thanks, mate. I could have checked myself, I was just being lazy. :lol:

At 27 he is probably as good now as he is ever going to be.

Aye, it's just bad luck for Arfield that there are so many midfielders competing for a spot just now.

I don't think any of us wish him ill-will for choosing Canada. Indeed, he could have switched to them years ago when he was at Falkirk and have gotten a number of caps for them by now.

Aye, it's just bad luck for Arfield that there are so many midfielders competing for a spot just now.

I don't think any of us wish him ill-will for choosing Canada. Indeed, he could have switched to them years ago when he was at Falkirk and have gotten a number of caps for them by now.

It's not really bad luck. It's the fact that our players are that pish, that he's even being talked about as a possible Scotland player.

Let me guess, did Arfield do something questionable in a Falkirk vs. Aberdeen match some time ago ? :-))

Probably be mediocre at fitbaw, if he even managed to reach that level.

This is embarrassing just because someone is eligible for Scotland doesn't mean he is good enough....Scott Arfield FFS!!!! Amount of folk on here that cream their pants over nobodys is getting ridiculous.

He has been an ever present and a linchpin in a team that won promotion, kept his place throughout their premiership season and has continued again this season, again at the top end of the championship. He is a decent player playing consistently at a good level and is fully worthy of consideration for Scotland. It is true to say his time has probably past, but the way he is being dismissed is unnecessarily disrespectful.