Fkin Beeeeeeeeeee! - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Perhaps Bzzzz can enlighten me:

What time do bees get up? Was just putting my golf clubs in the motor (07:05hrs) and got ambushed.

They'll leave the nest when its warm enough!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...
59 minutes ago, Mindimoo said:

Not many bees about this year, I've only seen one in the garden sniffing about the lavender :(

I've seen loads. I was thinking there are more than normal. Bumble bees that is. Haven't seen many honey bees.

2 hours ago, Orraloon said:

I've seen loads. I was thinking there are more than normal. Bumble bees that is. Haven't seen many honey bees.

likewise. loads in our garden and we live in the town. was thinking there were far more than usual - maybe the dryish spring has helped.

not a lot of honey bees right enough. v few in fact.

14 hours ago, Mindimoo said:

Not many bees about this year, I've only seen one in the garden sniffing about the lavender :(

Have a walk on the Cathkin Braes and neighbouring fields where there are thousands. Sadly 2 of my neighbours have cut down bushes in their front gardens purely because they were always covered in bees as they said children were frightened. Unbelievable. I've still got 2 of them though and planted a few new plants specifically for the bees. Also gave a wee bee a bit of raspberry jam juice when I was on holiday and then had a near battle to get him to leave the juice and join his pals on the flowers. He gave a furious buzz before he flew away. 

Sadly though the fields are also covered in butterflies so I'm trying to avoid the flower fields as those tattooed moths fecking terrify me. 

1 hour ago, G-Man said:

Sadly though the fields are also covered in butterflies so I'm trying to avoid the flower fields as those tattooed moths fecking terrify me. 

Bee

cd376aab464f9a1b0f64519c1325b77a.jpg

960_SUPx-moth-face-close-up.jpg

Moth

Edited by Ally Bongo

My exact words said very loudly, "ya ####k'ing cu'nnt". The dogs who were all sleeping jumped up and one started barking so other 2 joined in. I just glimpsed it so not quite sure if it was moths or not but if it was you're going to the big burny fire. 

:cry:

18 hours ago, bonzo said:

Is it no a wee bit early for wasps thought they were more August September time? 

They're not too noticeable at this time because they're out there looking for protein and chomping up caterpillars and other garden pests.  Later on they'll be after sugar which is when they become a pain in the arse, especially when they home in on my strawberry patch.  :(

Anyone wondering where the bees are - well they're probably on my raspberry canes.  Tons of them.  Got a wild hive under a big boulder at the top of the garden.  Lazy wee sods don't even have to fly far.  :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...