Fkin Beeeeeeeeeee! - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:wub: I'm going to sort a box this year.

Can't wait, got a new garden to build up too so all excitement! will need to have the boxes ready for next weekend tho as the queens will be out looking soon so need to be ready for them!

Magic :)

First bee of the year, was a Bombus Pratorum queen, time to get the boxes ready :)

Happy day!

Seen a few since Friday. The one I seen on Friday was on the pavement, ordinarily if have just walked by it but remembering what you have said I picked it up and allowed it to get the heat off my hands and the wee guy fly away a few minutes later right as rain...

Another two today in hamilton at football. It was a beautiful day here and pleasantly warm so not surprising. Cracking wee things.

Edited by flynnyboy

Seen a few since Friday. The one I seen on Friday was on the pavement, ordinarily if have just walked by it but remembering what you have said I picked it up and allowed it to get the heat off my hands and the wee guy fly away a few minutes later right as rain...

Another two today in hamilton at football. It was a beautiful day here and pleasantly warm so not surprising. Cracking wee things.

Got to agree, they are the source of life, if it wisnae for bees we`d be fecked, they are pretty doesill at this time of year and easy to handle. :ok:

Awesome fella, that's all the little help they need! makes ye feel braw eh? good deed for the day and all that!

Tell us more Bzzzz, do you keep them for fun or food ?

Bumblebees don't produce enough honey to be harvested unfortunately. I'm going into honeybee keeping this year I hope if I can sort out the equipment in time and find a mentor but the bumblebee nesting boxes is purely as a hobby, have always loved bumblebees, always handled them, since I was a wee boy and love to see them doing well. It's SO rewarding seeing your garden full of bees you've had a wee hand in helping out. They're struggling a bit too so every little helps! :)

I've seen three this weekend - including a wee cutie sunbathing on my back doorstep. Might see if I can get myself a wee bee box at B&Q next weekend.