Atac 11 A-Sides 2015 - TA Clubs, Social, Charities - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Atac 11 A-Sides 2015

Hi all,

Looking to get teams in the hat for this years competition.

I thought I could suggest two options, have it in the current format with knockouts played over a few months or a one day round robin type competition.

Can everyone let me know if one or both formats interest you?

Good stuff! Let's see who all comes back and says what but I tend to agree.

That said in the past there was a cut off deadline for each game and if it was missed, the canceller was eliminated so we could get onto the next round.

Good stuff! Let's see who all comes back and says what but I tend to agree.

That said in the past there was a cut off deadline for each game and if it was missed, the canceller was eliminated so we could get onto the next round.

Yeah I think in the last tournament the draw was made in January, our quarters final was played in June, the semi final the following january and the final in the April.

Was always difficult to get the numbers between football games, holidays and the rest during the season.

Maybe best picking 2 dates in the summer for both tournaments and having them both as a one day event giving people plenty of notice

If in the current format, I would be puting a cutoff on each round. Pre-Lims April, Quarters - May, Semis - June and Final July or something like that. The final has to be in June/July so we can get a decent park I reckon.

But also for the one day format. Could be tricky with the amount if teams but lets see what teams we have.

• 3 weeks later...

We had a team in for 7 years in a row I think, having never missed or pulled out of a game.

Had an issue with a team a couple of years ago where a date couldn't be agreed and was finally set by the organiser. The other team pulled out but still weren't happy for some reason.

We put our name forward again for the tourny last year but were totally ignored and not entered in it despite me posting a couple of times saying we would enter.

Never got an explanation on why we were blanked?

Apologies for this Iain as I wasn't aware of this.

I'll certainly go and find out for you. Would you like to get back involved, I guarantee I wont ignore you!

I'm taking on the organisation of it but given the lack of interest at the moment I'm not sure whether it be best to run next year and concentrate on the sevens this year.

Ill give it till the end of the month to see what we have.

Teams so far: -

Ladta

Westa

Webata

FCTA

Diegos?

• 3 weeks later...

Guys,

I'm going to postpone this tournament until next year where we'll kick off in Feb/March as in days gone by with an aim to have the final in May/June.

Seta have set the ball rolling for the TA 7s which will be held on Sat 6th June at Edinburgh Uni. Please let us know if you'd like to enter a team.

Cheers

Craig

Guys,

I'm going to postpone this tournament until next year where we'll kick off in Feb/March as in days gone by with an aim to have the final in May/June.

Seta have set the ball rolling for the TA 7s which will be held on Sat 6th June at Edinburgh Uni. Please let us know if you'd like to enter a team.

Cheers

Craig

FCTA will enter a team for 6th June