Methadone Programme 'a Black Hole' - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Methadone Programme 'a Black Hole'

Reply 1. Quicker than expected.

The methadone program gets a bad reputation because of the minority who abuse it.

Guess I've just met the ones who abuse it, and I include family in that....watched some wee rocket think he was the next mafioso destroy my wee sisters life, until someone put an axe in his heid.....nowts changed except my sister got the feck out of there.....

Legalise all drugs, but Government supplied to that quality is controlled, and tax is raised.

The problem with this is that there is a massive 'job creation' market centred around having drugs illegal, with the Armed Forces, Police, Customs, the Legal profession, Social Workers, Health workers and Pharmacists, to name but a few, all depending on this income source. (plus of course the pushers)

The market would find its own level, and we could all move onto the next problem.

Right now, a lot of people are doing very well out of perpetuating Methadone use, with no coordinated plan to wean users off of it.

(or am I being cynical?)

The security services run the drug trade anyway, how else do you think they fund black ops. Our troops were protecting poppy fields in Afghanistan, we've been fighting wars around and for the golden triangle for almost 2 centuries.

Then you have the pharmaceutical companies, even worse.

to answer the question the net cost of not treating addicts would be probably greater than the £18 million.

Considering over £18 billion is spent on diabetes and 90% of diabetes is type 2 of which 7% of that is thought to be cause just by not exercising. That is in the order of magnitude of 10 times more cost than methadone. Obseity counts for 55% of all type 2 cases, thats about £8 billion a year.

Free gym membership on the NHS, will save a packet...

Folk aren't obese because they can't afford to go to the gym. They're obese because they are lazy bastards.

Folk aren't obese because they can't afford to go to the gym. They're obese because they are lazy bastards.

That's a wee bit simplistic Dr Parklife..Work, stress, family life, money worries, lack of self esteem and many more things are more the cause of obesity than being a lazy

Anyway,when the feck do you see a fat methadone user ?

The main driver of the obesity epidemic this last 30 years is the high carb low fat diet that was mis-sold to everyone in the 70's & 80's.

That is what has driven the explosion in metabolic disorder syndrome including diabetes.

Look at footage of the TA at Wembley in the 70's - compare and contrast the obesity levels to now. A whole nation does not become lazy bastards in one generation, it is the bad food advice that has done this primarily. Blaming the victim is very in vogue with the ignorant but.

That's a wee bit simplistic Dr Parklife..Work, stress, family life, money worries, lack of self esteem and many more things are more the cause of obesity than being a lazy

Anyway,when the feck do you see a fat methadone user ?

It could be that being a "lazy " contributes to all the conditions that you mention. Could be a chicken and egg situation? I don't know if a drug exists which combats lazy bastarditis.Could be my next project.

The main driver of the obesity epidemic this last 30 years is the high carb low fat diet that was mis-sold to everyone in the 70's & 80's.

That is what has driven the explosion in metabolic disorder syndrome including diabetes.

Look at footage of the TA at Wembley in the 70's - compare and contrast the obesity levels to now. A whole nation does not become lazy bastards in one generation, it is the bad food advice that has done this primarily. Blaming the victim is very in vogue with the ignorant but.

I'd put it more down to copious amounts of cheap takeaways, readymeals and snashters. These things weren't as readily available back then...

Everything is good for you in moderation , even heroin.

Herion in it's pure form is acetylated morphine. In my experience morphine is the best drug ever discovered. I don't think I have ever had herion but it is basically the same as morphine. it is supposed to act quicker and needs a smaller dose. In my experience morphine seems to act almost instantaneously, so acting 3 times quicker than instantaneous doesn't seem to be of much benefit.

I'd put it more down to copious amounts of cheap takeaways, readymeals and snashters. These things weren't as readily available back then...

And they all tend to have loads of added sugar. often in the form of corn syrup. The development of a process to convert excess production of maize into easily usable and storable corn syrup is one of the main drivers for the obesity epidemic in the US, which has now spread to the UK as well. Unnecessary added sugar is the main cause of obesity and type 2 diabetes.

Herion in it's pure form is acetylated morphine. In my experience morphine is the best drug ever discovered. I don't think I have ever had herion but it is basically the same as morphine. it is supposed to act quicker and needs a smaller dose. In my experience morphine seems to act almost instantaneously, so acting 3 times quicker than instantaneous doesn't seem to be of much benefit.

Getting given morphine almost made breaking my arm worthwhile.

No we shouldn't, give them 6 months to sort their shit out then them off. We refuse cancer treatment drugs because they are supposedly cost ineffective so how can they justify spending millions on folk who for the most part have no real intention of coming off the stuff ?