Sky - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Had Sky Sports just for the cricket World Cup there. When I phoned to cancel the guy reacted like I'd asked to eat his first born. Took 10 mins of me saying no thanks over and over before they finally processed it.

So your Annual Sky subscription = Monthly Subscription x 12 = How much?

Then divide that number by 0.65 to work out what on average you must earn before tax to pay for it.

Then divide that number by your gross (pre-tax) annual wage to know what 'tithe' you are paying to Rupert Murdoch's Church of Lies.

Cancel Sky. You will not regret it.

Edited by thplinth

So glad you're here.

For some reason you seem to have edited the question so it is not a question.

So your Annual Sky subscription = Monthly Subscription x 12 = How much?

Are you one of the phannies on here selling sky subscriptions?

Guest flumax

I pay less than £30pm for unlimited broadband, phone line rental including free evening and weekend calls (don't say use mobile, get no signal round it way) and basic TV. If you can find me bb and line rental for substantially less I'll cancel.I've looked and not many carriers, and those that do want connection charges or new lines which scrub out any savings. Plus the inconvenience of changing number.

I actually value a couple of channels on top, and as I agree for paying for couple of quid for creative output such as GoT, walking dead, fortitude etc, it would have to be substantial increases to make me cancel.

I think I get good value from sky all in all.

1. Annual Sky subscription = Monthly Subscription x 12 = How much?
  2. Then divide that number by 0.65 to work out what on average you must earn before tax to pay for it.
  3. Then divide that number by your gross (pre-tax) annual wage to know what 'tithe' you are paying to Rupert Murdoch's Church of Lies

Maybe if I express it this way you can grasp the 'entirety' of the post.

Seriously is this your point. So glad you are here.

I pay less than £30pm for unlimited broadband, phone line rental including free evening and weekend calls (don't say use mobile, get no signal round it way) and basic TV.

really? with this latest increase i'll be paying £30pm just for the telly - and thats nae sky plus, hd, movies, sports ,etc

bunny rabbits are getting phoned tomorrow

I'm £35 a month for BT. Took it for the broadband/infinity package and got free BT sports with it. I think after a year BT sports sill free but not sure if that is linked to the £5.99 tv package the missus made me take out. To be honest would happily cancel the tv package and if that meant losing BT sports so be it (if linked).

There's more ways of getting your fitba' fix than Sky.

Funny how the Polish satellite channels often show more EPL games than Sky at only £10 a month.

Maltese cable provider GO Sports show every single EPL game live regardless of kick-off time. 3pm Saturday's - nae bother. Again, £10 monthly.

BeIN Sports - more fitba' than you can shake a stick at. Might be difficult to pick up in Scotland, but it has every event you'll wish to watch. £20-odd a month.

You guys are getting blatantly ripped off.

As always, I'd recommend a Dreambox/VU+ (or cheaper clone) with a motorised satellite dish (you can use your Sky one - just affix a cheap motor). Get a €50 yearly subscription and you'll wonder why you didn't do it years ago. Would cost around 2 or 3 months Sky subscription.

I phoned up PlusNet to cancel my subscription to move to BT and they gave me unlimited broadband and BT Sports HD and ESPN HD for £4.50/month for 2 years fixed.

I phoned SKY the next day and told them to shove it, 2 days later they came back and halved my subscription - between the 2 I save over £40 a month.

Guest flumax

really? with this latest increase i'll be paying £30pm just for the telly - and thats nae sky plus, hd, movies, sports ,etc

bunny rabbits are getting phoned tomorrow

I lie. £29.35 pm. Just keep threatening to switch /cancel and they offer what they can. I did have sky sports at £6 pm for 3y, but they cottoned on about 6m ago and didn't call my bluff. So I cancelled. Don't miss it (much).