Beer! - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I came across a new favourite yesterday in the form of Franciscan Chieftain I.P.A. while attending a beer,wine,spirits basically everything tasting event in the assembly rooms in Edinburgh.

A great beer from a company in Cork who have been taken over by Coors.

Also noted Orpens Cider as a fantastic tasting Irish Cider.

Loads and loads of stuff was tried but these were the winners of the day for me and oddly enough the bar I walked into after leaving the event had the IPA on there!!

Any newcomers that folk are enjoying at the moment?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drinking Malta's Blue Label Ale... it's drinkable (on draught), but shite by comparison to all the quality Polish beers I was swimming in recently.

Thinking about giving the booze up.

WEST St Mungo seems to be my poison of choice just now (found it on tap in Solid Rock Cafe after the game on Sunday)..... also find myself going into Hootenannys Pub for a pint of their West Hefeweizen beer more and more these days.

Also before the England game went to the WEST brewery and was on their Munich beer all night.

Also enjoying Joker IPA as well when I can find it.

Edited by wanderer

I'm not long back from New York and tried some cracking beers when I was there. Notable ones were Sam Adams Cold Snap, the fantastically named Smuttynose Vunderbar Pilsner, Stoudts Pils and Speakeasy Metropolis are the ones that really stand out. I'm really starting to get a taste for the hoppy American craft beers.

I'm not long back from New York and tried some cracking beers when I was there. Notable ones were Sam Adams Cold Snap, the fantastically named Smuttynose Vunderbar Pilsner, Stoudts Pils and Speakeasy Metropolis are the ones that really stand out. I'm really starting to get a taste for the hoppy American craft beers.

I discovered a boozer in NYC which had Tennents on tap. It was easily the most minging drink I've ever had. God knows what it was, but Tennents it was not.

I discovered a boozer in NYC which had Tennents on tap. It was easily the most minging drink I've ever had. God knows what it was, but Tennents it was not.

I was in a boozer just off Times Square (might have been called St Andrews) that had Tennents on tap although I declined to sample it. I did have a lovely Blue Moon mind you!